Advance Guard Services (AGS) / Advance Guard Services Scam me out of my money

1 Bay Ridge AvenueBrooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 7187457234

Advance Guard Service is a scam. When I called them it was a cellphone number, Someone name Mr Morran picked up. He told to come in even though I didn't have any experience. He told me to bring $80 with me. When I got there he told me the class would cost 349 and that the job was guaranteed. He also told me that I wouldn't have to worry about going on any job interviews and that I would start working right after I finished the class. Granted, when I finished the class they gave me job placement. When I went to the place I was expecting them to tell me okay, fill out these paper work and you can start working. That wasn't the case, I went to three places after that still know job. To make a long story short. These people then hired me to do telemarketing for them. They told me all I had to do was call homes an return phone calls to people that were interesting in finding a job. I worked there for three days and I left, because I couldn't lied to these people. I found out the same thing they did to me, they were trying to do to other people. I went back asking for a refund for my money. They said they couldn't give me a refund and If I have a problem with that TAKE THEM TO COURT. So I plan on doing just that and some. People please stay away from Advance Guard Services (AGS) Bay ridge brooklyn, RTCE Corporate security #[protected] located in 41-21 29th street, Queens boro plaza, long island city. I worked there for a three days and I left those people are unprofessional and con artist. If you call a security school and they tell there is CLARENCE WILLIAMS, PETER EMANUEL, SEAN MORRAN, MS LISA, MS DESTINY, MR ROGERS. Those people are all con artists, I've watched and listen to them work. If anyone see this and it happen to them EMAIL ME @bloggin4@yahoo.com. Those schools needs to be shut down. You don't take people's money, lie to them and don't find them a job.

Comments

• Li
      21st of Jul, 2009

OMG...that happened to me yesterday, i really sorry i didn't read your complaint first..those people are liars, i talked to a guy look like a ###ing actor, he was white and his eyes were fiercing the way he talks, make you want to beleive him...first of all he took my money, and he said" do you want to work now" i said yes but somehow i didn't trust him, then he made me sign some paper, i sign it but i changed my mind suddendly i asked him "can i get my money back cause i don't feel like doing it right now, i really need my money" the white ###ing guy was so pissed off and he almost call police for me for no reason, ...you should have seen his face his face was so freaking red, he told me to come on monday to get my money back..So when i came on monday ...Guess what? the money was non-refundable, i didn't even put my initial where it says...Do you understand the money is Non refundable>>>>>omg this company should be closed...i am serious...or i'll burn it myself

• Pa
      27th of Jul, 2009

I was there today, I deliberately avoided any monetary transaction with this outfit. I was turned off firstly by the supposed Director, Mr Josephs. He had con written all over him from his unprofessional conduct right down to his hand me down suit on white sneakers. Many unfortunate folks are being taken to the wringer by these unscrupulous clowns. They are probably legal business entity, but those of you that have been scammed should fight back. File complaints with the Better Business Bureau. You may sue also. File a claim in the small claims court in your borough. Good Luck.

• Pa
      27th of Jul, 2009

If you think you've been had, file acomplaint at the Department of Consumer Affairs.

• Mr
      27th of Jul, 2009

I feel for the same thing. I gave the guy $100 and i told him that i wanted my change back.From there he looked mad because i asked for my own chage and then telling me if im sure that i want to give him the whole thing.After i left it didnt feel right they way he was pressuring me and just decided not to go back there.Now i see this place is a scam!!This guy mR. joseph would act as he would give you the world and you would belive him, but when it comes down to money, this guy turn the switch on his character.Also his representatives should get in trouble for knowing whats going on.

29th of Jul, 2009

mr joesphs is a scamer n he should stop being a rep becuase he cant workany where n he is a no buddy every won that works at ags advance guard services should go f==k them self becauce you are all scams n will make sure you will be shut down its your last chance close down now

• Fi
      31st of Jul, 2009

people we can all cry here or we can unite against AGS in a small claims court. That big Joseph guy told me that in order to work for them I need to be certified with FEMA(which is pretty much a useless piece of paper) and asked me if I can start working the following week and work 50 hours, later on they REFERRED me to a place that I have ALREADY been to before(needless to say FEMA is not required there). $275 for absolutely nothing. These people run false ads, they're a training school and they don't hire anyone. Fraud, misrepresentation, and false advertisement. They think just because the contract states all payments are non-refundable they can get away with intentionally deceiving young and poor jobseekers. I came there with my security license and 8/16 hour certificates, which is ALL you need to work in security.
    Together we are a force, lets stop being suckers and actually do something about this scam.

• Uw
      3rd of Aug, 2009

ALL OF YOUS CAN F--K YOURSELVES. I KNOW THERE IS A PERSON BEHIND ALL THESE COMPLAINTS AND THESE COMPLAINTS ARE NOT REAL.. DO NOT PAY ANY ATTENTION TO THESE COMPLAINTS THEY ARE BEING PLACED BY JEALOUS WORKERS FROM OTHER COMPANIES AND THEIR BOSSES ARE PUTTING THEM UP TO IT SINCE THEY ARE SOO SOO JEALOUS. AGS IS NOT A SCAM LIKE THE OTHER SCHOOLS IN THIS INDUSTRY AND THE OTHER SCHOOLS KNOW THIS BUT THEY WANT US TO BE KNOWN AS SUCH . WE AT AGS EARGE YOU TO COME TO US FIRST BEFORE GOING ANYPLACE ELSE. BECAUSE IT COULD MOST DEFINATELY BE A SCAM. OUR JOB CONNECTIONS IN THE INDUSTRY ARE RANKED THE HIGHEST ABOVE ANY OTHER SCHOOL..FACT... SO GET A JOB!!!WE ARE NOT AND WILL NOT BE CLOSED DOWN. WE WILL NOT STOP HELPING PEOPLE GET JOBS AND PROPERLY TRAINING THEM FOR SUCH POSISTIONS AND WE ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE.. SOOO GET A JOB. THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY HAVE COMPLAINTS NEED MORE ACADEMIC EDUCATION AND THAT IS WHY THEY WERE NOT HIRED.

• Ag
      7th of Aug, 2009

So why would you tell someone that has their 8hr, 16hr, Fg, Fg license and their security license that they need the fema certification when they have everything they need to work. And for someone who doesnt have anything only get their 8hr, 16hr, Fg. So make someone get something they dont need like the fema and what makes you scammers is that you guys guarantee a job when finish paying so the classes and all you do is job placement. I also fell for it and now i remember that in the contract it also says that you are not guaranteed a job and its job placement.These guys are all liars, any one else should see for themselves how Mr. Josephs(Shrek) this big guy with a suit that looks like the buttons is about to pop because its 4 sizes small with freaking sneakers, wow what a "Professional". This guy talk all this stuff of how profesisonal you should be and he wears his 8th grade suit with running shoes. That should of been a warning.
    "THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY HAVE COMPLAINTS NEED MORE ACADEMIC EDUCATION AND THAT IS WHY THEY WERE NOT HIRED."
    So why would you tell them that all they need its a fema or other certifications to get a job that is suppose to be guarantee a job. So right there (BOOM) this guys are getting that extra buck on the certificates and all they are doing is job placement which other companies do it for 30 bucks and only charge 25 for the 8hr certificates.AGS SECURITY ARE SCAMMERS

• Go
      12th of Aug, 2009

what was meant by they need more academic training is that they cannot be a people person at the job site. the recruiters there must have seen something like ignorance, impatience or crappy lol vocabulary and that is why they need more schooling so come on back and recieve the proper training.

• Bl
      14th of Aug, 2009

Do you guys want to get toegther and take them to court. As ive said before i worked there for a little while and i have the scripts they used to conning ppl showing that in court wud strengthen out case. I think we have a shot of getting our money back. What they did was wrong and they shud pay for it. Nobody else shud have to go through what we went through. PLEASE EMAIL ME @ BLOGGIN4@YAHOO.COM if your interested in getting your money back. We can take them to court folks!

• Fi
      15th of Aug, 2009

Listen the person above me ------> bloggin4, I've been e-mailing you 3 times already on that yahoo e-mail + everybody here. No one ever replied. I'm taking this matter seriously so if anybody wants to jump on the bandwagon here's my e-mail: nazar831@yahoo.com
    Like I mentioned before: together we can actually do something, but nobody listens to me. I will actually reply if anybody writes me. And I WILL NOT just let it go. But you people just rather spew your grief over here and then hide in your shells while AGS still goes about their shady business.
    BLOGGIN4 please e-mail me ! ! You're totally right about taking them to court

• Wh
      23rd of Sep, 2009

Email me at ywhooo78@yahoo.com if you are interested in joining forces with me and my friend who just got scammed. I am so appalled by this and I know that those of you affected by this are angry like we are. I will be checking this site periodically. This company has a different phone number and name than they did a few months ago. Which is always a red flag that something is not right. I look forward to speaking withyou so we can get or money back. We are currently seeking a news channel to report them to and listen to our story. The more we put them on blast as the shady people they are, then they can't take any more money... or at least as much as they have already. Peace.

• Bl
      9th of Nov, 2009

You know, it's funny that I came across this site because I have been in contact with both AGS and a company called ASP. I went to ASP, located at Fresh Pond Road in Queens and what do you know? The "CEO" there is a man named Shawn Morran. I made a $100 deposit but there were a number of things in retrospect that made me uneasy. First of, though there were only a total of five people in the office, they managed to lose pages of my copied paperwork almost immediately. The application itself looked crudely put together and did not ask any questions of substance. There was something about "Mr. Morran" that seemed shifty (other than the fact that he admitted to me to being a degenerate gambler) The other workers in this place had a very hard time looking me in the face for any extended amount of time. To top it all off "Ms. Alonzia" called me twenty minutes after I got home from the place to ask me why I didn't show up for the interview!! Nevertheless, I've cut my losses and decided not to go back. Better to have only lost a hundred dollars instead of the $249 dollars they were asking for. I've never been to AGS; they gave me the same uneasy feeling.

• He
      10th of Nov, 2009

hmm... you guys scared me with this blog...but yet this company has found me a job... and im working as a manager... maybe you guys havent followed up...? cuz i dealt with a guy named mr tambini and he was wonderful... it was a great experience ive been unemployed for 6 months...and i spent 2432.00 dollars out of my savings and now im making 21.00 an hour... so maybe you guys just dont know how to sell yourself? or maybe you should follow up[ with a guy named mr. tambini ...hell def get youi a job i started working 2 weeks ago and i read this blog right after i spent my money... and i wanted my money back and mr tambini told me to trust him an then he showed me some crudentials and THE MAN HAS CREDIBILITY ... so if you still need a job go see him hes at "AGS" and hell def take care of you if you spend your money ...

• Ri
      10th of Dec, 2009

ADVANCE GUARD CHARGED ME OVER $2000 DOLLARS FOR A CERTAIN PROGRAM THEY PROVIDE AND UPON COMPLETION OF THAT COURSE I RECIEVED A JOB AT $14 AN HOUR. 6 PAYSTUBS LATER A GENTLEMAN CALLED ME FROM AGS AND CALLED ME BACK IN. MY EXPERIENCE WAS GOOD THE FIRST TIME SO WITHOUT QUESTION I CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD FOR ANOTHER THOUSAND DOLLARS AND NOW I MAKE $21.00 PER HOUR. ADVANCE GUARD IS THEY ONLY SCHOOL REALLY GETTING PEOPLE JOBS AND CAREERS.

• Ri
      10th of Dec, 2009

my name is steven the comment above is from my uncle rich. i was at ags or advance guard after my uncle got a job. i too paid about a thousand dollars and after the training i got working at an office building on 6th avbenue making $12 an hour. the boss at ags made me use his computer to do an online application for the government security and now i work for the federal gvmt. i will be retired by the age of 40 and my salary and job can be transfered anywhere in th u.s. thank you david!

• Co
      11th of Dec, 2009

Mr Tambini, its Game Over. If you dont refund my money $349 to be exact, you will be dead. You know who it is and you know where i am at.I aint gonna chase you for my dough. where i come from, you dont pay for stuff and not get it.Its a race against death.

15th of Feb, 2010

Heads up for another scammer who calls himself Michael Roman from AGS in Brooklyn NY. It sounds like the same sort of deal. Thankfully, I put the pieces together myself and left before even waiting there for the interview. Now I found this site and this definitely clarifies all of my suspicions. This guy had sketchy written all over him in just our first phone call. I am not a disgruntled worker from a different company, I have no ties to this company whatsoever. My guess would be that all these people posting about the success they had are simply representatives from AGS trying to make other potential victims think that this company might be legitimate. In some cases I think that technically AGS is a legit company in the sense that they are covered from lawsuits. I was told that I had to fill out paperwork from the secretary prior to the interview, and I would like to bet in that paperwork is where I would have signed away my right to a refund. Also, they probably don't guarantee employment, rather simply tell you that they will get you work. I am sure for some they do in order to make themselves seem legit, but the vast majority are used simply to steal their money. Good luck to those who attempt to sue them. Unfortunately, I am sure that if they are still around and doing it, they have their ### covered from a legal standpoint, so you will likely not succeed. However, I am contemplating contacting a news source to attempt to expose their "frowned upon" behavior.

• Ju
      2nd of Mar, 2010

OOOOh baby, you guys are totally on the right track with these clowns, or rather say wrong track. They defenatly are schemers I came in a month ago a thugged out clown with more jewelry then Flava Flave named Micheal Roman guarenteed me a job, no ands ifs or buts it was 100% I got the job, "oh yeah you got the job" the clown told me as his face turned tomatoe red, he had a sad puppy face, the look of guilt as I handed him money, couldn't even look me in the face after the fact, and his BOSS LOL also had a clown outfit on, basically they were all dressed like they were ready to go to a RAP show, as they are proud ignorant supporters of ###s attempting poertry I am sure. I never got a job, never received a phone call from the secretary named KIKI or MIMI what ever her fake name is. I left Mikey Mike about 5 messages with in a weeks period to receive no reply, only to have him hang up on me about 4 times when I did reach him, but he didn't just hang up he also relayed me to his lol "personal secretary" miss hoochie mama who gave me the run around and a fake phone number to the secretary who is the hiring agent, Micheal Clown pulled the same nonsence on 2 occasions as well by giving me the fake phone number to the front desk. This was no ordinary clown, the clown's office was more disorganized then my back yard after my dog has been through it, it looked as if he threw on a ### load of papers on his desk just to look semi professional, as someone stated before the forms they provide look like they were created by someone with a 3rd grade education, which is something Miss Hoochi Mama defenatly had not received. There were Rambo like posters in the basement of some ###s with machine guns jumping out of hellicopters by the big clowns office, basically I could have pulled off a better scheme with a 100$ budget and a shopping spree at the 99 cent store. All in all I lost 100$ which I gave for a state background check, which I am 100% was never conducted. Yeah they are defenately scammers and they're soooo bad at it, right down to the clown outfits which give everything away instantly, it's almost like a circus in there, as a matter of fact I am sure if they opened one nobody would tell the difference and they would actually make some legitimate money. Folks I got a better idea then the clown around run around business of the law which they are to a degree protected from as the law in part was designed to protect criminals. E-mail me, don't hesitate I have a real plan that will put the government to shame for their lack of action and really hit these clowns where it hurts!!!, their bank account!! aa ha a haa! it's a simple task folks, they rip off honest hard working peoplez so this is only the universe balancing it self, it does take some physical effort but it hits them in the bank! MONEY IN THE BANK NA FO SHO AINT NO PRANK! e-mail me I'll give you their Achilies heal, and Mr Clown I know you are reading this so feel free to e-mail me as well :P -----> ### THIS AINT NO GAME thisizsparta@hotmail.com I get fame for playin the game, got no shame for revealing your name, put you in the spot like your hot when your not :) ooooo ### kuz thats what I got, skills and Ills and soon your bills :), the funds I'll need will feed the my greed, as I create the game that you can't play kuz you a clown ### ### all motha ###ing day, put your ear to the ground and feel whats comin, what im bringin you can't match nore stop it cousin. Wow I should be a rapper, I'm better then 10 ###ing NIcles!

• Da
      8th of Mar, 2010

Went in there a month ago looking for some work before I left for the Navy in the summer. I told him I was leaving for the Navy in the summer and I only had a few months to work. He told me it would be no problem and I'd be licensed and start working by March 1st. I went to the class he told me to go to at (Seneca Gun Range) which is where he sends all his "recruits." They told me it would take 6 months to get my license. I WOULD ALREADY HAVE SHIPPED OUT to the Navy by then. The guy completely screwed me. I gave him 500 dollars which I needed very much. I got a cash receipt for it which he signed A.T. Not sure if thats good anything. This guy called himself Anthony (the kids in the class at Seneca I met knew him as Dave, go figure). I don't understand how a person can look you in the eye, lie, and steal your money... especially when I'm going to serve his ###ing country. I've never been more mad at someone in my life. People like this deserve jail time. He wont return my calls. I'm not sure what to do but I wont let this go unpunished.

If this has happened to anyone else please Email me at DaveS6487@Gmail.com. There is power in numbers. tell me your story and information and I'll go to the newspapers. At the very least we can expose this ### business and make sure it doesn't happen to anybody else.