Advance Consumer Research / Fake checks

p.o. Box 271 Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 647-818-4672 fax:l
I don't know if all the checks are the same, but the check that my wife recieved from the Advance Consumer Research came from TD Banknorth. My wife took it to a teller at our local branch of TD Banknorth, and the teller told her it was a fake. In addition, She was told to buy any item at C&A stores. C&A is a European discount clothing chain. There is no possible way that one can make a purchase from this store.
I'll be contacting my state's attorney general's office tomorrow to verify this.
Ka

Comments

Ma
  15th of Nov, 2008
I got the same check and paper with the same number yesterday (11/14) do you know if it's real or not????
Jo
  15th of Nov, 2008
I GOT THE SAME CHECK FOR $5, 5OO. GOING TO GO TO THE BANK AND LET THEM FIGURE IT OUT
Ma
  17th of Nov, 2008
what did your bank say? Mine said it was a good check N I deposited into my account but it's on hold for I think 11 days becuz it's a big check or something
Na
  18th of Nov, 2008
I was sold too, with a fake check. I recieved it 11/18/08 for the amount of 5, 500 .I reserched this information and found out that it was a fake .People please be aware of these scams.

Advance Consumer Research Logo Advance Consumer Research