Advance Benefits Plus / Unauthorized billing

I really feel embarrassed to call myself a research scientist. Someone called me and said I have won something and will receive a $1000 grocery coupon and a free vacation. I just need to pay the shipping and handling which is only $3.95. I agreed and that was my big mistake. The guy said that I can also take the membership of Advance Benefits Plus if I wish but is not mandatory. I said I don't want to. I asked him three times if there's any catch, and the guy replied 'no sir'. He said they will call me before charging anything to my card. I hope he has the recording of our conversation in which he clearly said this.

After a couple of weeks I received a brochure from Advance Benefits Plus with two membership cards and my name printed on them. I thought they will not charge me because that fellow assured me that they won't charge unless I agree. To my surprise, I found two transactions of $29.95 and $19.95 charged to my credit card. They swindled me. I really made a fool of myself by trusting that fellow.

My complain is against that individual (company) that passed on my information to Advance Benefits Plus, Inc. and also Advance Benefits Plus, Inc. for charging my credit card without my approval. I think they have a big team that works together.

Ra

Comments

• Ri
      10th of Nov, 2008

There is a charge on the phone bill of $19.95
    that wasn't authorized.

• Tl
      22nd of Jan, 2009

I was ripped off by the same company they first took $29.97 then the next day tey took $49.97 from my checking account. When I called for a refund they gave me the run around and I am still waiting for it to post to my account. They are a scam!!!

• Sh
      6th of Mar, 2009

I also found this If you have any questions regarding your purchase, please call or write:
    SALES ORGANIZATION: Advance Benefits Plus, Inc.
    4532 W. Kennedy Blvd.
    # 283
    Tampa, FL 33609
    866-866-2382

By becoming a member in this program, you are authorizing Advance Benefits Plus, Inc. to bill your credit card or checking account for this program. This charge shall remain in force until you notify Advance Benefits Plus, Inc. in writing of its cancellation. By becoming a member in this program, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions herein. This membership will automatically renew at the end of your membership term on an monthly basis, and your credit card or checking account will be automatically debited for your monthly fees. If you wish to change your payment method, please contact Advance Benefits Plus, Inc. at the number indicated.

16th of Mar, 2009

my name is debra gryder i called today the man on the phone refund my money back in my checking account i already have a prescription card i pay 15.00 every month for my perscription i don't need this peogram and would you pleases cancell this for me sincerely debra gryder2

cancell please