Advance Auto Parking Lot / Be very careful in leaving your vehicle!

1 United States

I need to make someone aware that the store managers in Store # 8480 (Paducah, KY) need to be trained in how to communicate company policy in requards to having vehicles towed. I was out of town due to a death in the family (550 miles away) when my sons vehicle broke down at this store. Neither my son or my friend and co-worker were notified that the vehicle was going to be towed if it wasn't moved. As far as they knew it was OK to leave the vehicle. Upon my return and additional hour trip to this store the vehicle was gone and none of the staff working knew anything about it. This shows very poor communication and management. It would have cost me $110 to have the vehicle towed to my house in Marion, KY but instead we had to pay $230 to get it out of storage a mile down the road. I certainly would have had the vehicle towed to my house rather than paying this ridiculous fee. Anyway Advance felt that they did not owe me the half ($115) that I asked for, so they have now lost a customer and as many as I can possibly take with me. Since I do all of my own mechanic work for my family and my wifes family, I'm sure that you lost alot more than $115... I urge others to be very careful in leaving your vehicle in an Advance Auto parking lot. You may even need to get something in writing...