[Resolved] Adrian Freedman Eternal Heart SANTO DAIME Ayahuasca Retreat Leader / association with drug traffickers and those who make threats to kill, bad discernment in choice of daime helpers

5 United Kingdom Review updated:

Adrian Freedman of the Santo Daime Church has blundered by getting involved with a Johannes Maasland in Portugal, who has been arrested for trafficking in cannabis by the Portugal GNR.

He is a Daime helper for Adrian Freedman and imports Santo Daime clandestinely to be used at Eternal Heart Santo Daime retreats in a country where its legality is uncertain.

The Santo Daime (or Ayahuasca) is imported in such a way to avoid police or customs detection, and is dehydrated into medical pouches.

Adrian Freedman did not ensure that Johannes was ethically suited to be responsible for distributing the Santo Daime, and as Johannes was caught with other illegal drugs, reflects badly on Adrian, who also had trouble with the UK authorities for Santo Daime importation.

Johannes then went on to threaten to kill someone, and has also been implicated in stalking, harassment and other similar behaviours, whilst on police bail.

Adrian's discernment has failed in this matter and he has let down his movement. He is also dishonoured and disgraced for he must also share in the karmic consequence of his Santo Daime helper threatening to kill a Spiritual Master, a very serious offence against the Higher Power indeed.

This is the kind of disaster that happens when one lets amateurs import Santo Daime and access large amounts of sacrament.

As a result, amateurs in Central Portugal set up two retreat centres and they suffered a major PR disaster after making a series of mistakes, including threatening to kill someone, condoning the behaviour, and lending a helping hand to those who do.

A Spiritual Master was threatened with death when he had serious concerns about the ethics of the people running the retreats, and because Johannes thought the Spiritual Master was a police informant.

For more information Google Ayahuasca Portugal Scandal Wordpress, Sanctuary 1860 Ayahuasca and Earth Connection Portugal.

• Resolution statement

Adrian Freedman of the Santo Daime Church emailed a sincere apology for the disturbances that I had to go through in my life (with regard to the death threats) and sympathized with me about the situation. He said that he did not involve Johannes in importing the sacrament, but Johannes said that he was importing it for Adrian. As Adrian's apology was sincere, it is likely that Johannes was lying about who he was importing the sacrament for, for some reason. The others involved in the scandal have yet to apologize, but the matter with Adrian is resolved to my satisfaction. Complainant

An
Jun 17, 2017

Comments

• Up
      Jun 13, 2018

As an update to the matter, a member of the Santo Daime Church threatened to enter the house of a police witness and to dispose of him. The Directors of the Eternal Heart Centre, of which Nancy Swinnen, Clare Mulligan and Adrian Freedman are Directors of

showed no interest in taking any responsibility for their roles, which include:-

-Supporting organizers and retreat centres to criminally harass a police witness

-Sharing private date about the witness with others and then supporting them to impersonate officials, and then helping the persons involved to lie about it, and then continuing to use those individuals to arrange Santo Daime Retreats in Portugal

-Promoting a culture of moral, social and ethical irresponsibility, and lending support to those who import substances across international borders illegally, and then collecting donations to help them to avoid prison.

-Ignoring fire safety warnings and warnings to stop their works, which resulted in a spate of fatal fires that killed 100 people and laid waste to several retreat centres, forcing many Santo Daime brothers and sisters off their land, leaving them with nothing.

-Condoning criminal harassment and death threats against police witnesses, malicious and criminal defamation, and mockery.

-Administering substances to children and babies and then labelling the police witness to such actions, a homosexual peodophile, sick, evil and twisted.

-Giving Santo Daime to people to set up retreat centres, people with criminal records, alcohol and abuse problems, to those willing to produce large amounts of cannabis for Santo Daime retreats.

-Promoting cannabis use against the wishes of the founding father.

-Providing moral support and friendship to those involved in criminal activities, in essence, giving them the green light to threaten people with murder, violence, and other forms of serious harm, to life and body, in the interests of advancing the Santo Daime.

-Avoiding payment for legal damages, and channelling money to friends in Brazil, to send more Daime to Portugal under the radar, in ways to avoid police and customs detection, with full knowledge the substance is prohibited to import into Portugal.

-Involvement with individuals who thought it was a good idea to stick their fingers up at a Spiritual Guru, and make mockery, as a game, which then went badly wrong.

-Many in Nancy and Adrian's extended Santo Daime family were involved in harassment of criminal trial witnesses, making threats to murder, and forcing a witness to move at his expense to ensure the safety of his family. The response of the Directors was to not apologize, and to find others to send messages to him, claiming he would be defamed as a person of an evil mind.

Suffice to say, the offences to the Spiritual Guru who warned the Santo Daime Group not to abuse the Santo Daime and to clean up their act, are perhaps the most severe in the higher order of morality, those who offend such individuals for the sake of their egos or the interests of criminal behaviour, or their own immoral interests, attract karmic suffering. The Directors were told as such, and took no steps to clean up their act, instead, some of their documented associates started to abuse the Guru, labelling him evil, a peodophile, sick, and twisted, claiming he was imagining prophecies of fire.

The apparent and somewhat self-evident acts of Divine Retribution for serious and wilful abuse of the Spiritual Guru was swift.

Six centres involved in Santo Daime were destroyed in prophecized firestorms, laying waste to an intended power base of Ayahuasca in Portugal, set up by brothers and sisters in the Daime, and helped by the Directors. The prophecies are documented for the record here

100 people died in the fires and brothers and sisters in the Daime lost many things, their homes, their legal standings, after being raided by the police, the collective loss was over a million euros. Police found Euro 100, 000 worth of cannabis at one of the centres founded by Mr Freedman in 2014, several other centres were burned in October 2017 simultaneously, as prophecized. Several extended families were wiped out by karmic reactions, after claiming to be wise in the Ayahuasca, but all there is left of their efforts, are blackened retreat centres, burnt to nothing, and Ayahuasca (and cannabis farms) destroyed. Many had no insurance, others entered he criminal justice system, some were booked for criminal harassement and threats to murder witnesses, others were raided for other substances and face long prison time.

The general response from the Santo Daime group in the UK and Portugal was to turn on the Spiritual Guru, as if it was all his fault, threatening to murder him, an act that sparked off Acts of God, invoking further destructive fires. Those disclosures come under qualified privilege, as the Guru foresaw in June 2018 a lightning strike would destroy a temple and cause fatalities, his previous prophecies came true.

A deeper explanation is provided in a freely available E-Book entitled The Santo Daime Catastrophe which can be found online.

It explains what happened to a Santo Daime group that turned on the Guru, and how an action spoiled their practice and caused several fires and the deaths of 100 people, because of the abuse of the Holy Sacrament. It shares what happened when the group turned on the Guru, and explain why fires so often destroy spiritual sanctuaries involved in the Santo Daime.

The group in 2011 discouraged people to share their revelations about the Santo Daime, but a video series can be found online called The Santo Daime Revelations, expanding upon various aspects of Daime practice, good and bad, pointing out the unknown but serious dangers that can occur when the intentions are wrong, uploaded by the one threatened with murder by the Daime group.

The deeper problem is the fact the group believe they can violate trafficking laws, in the name of religion, and threaten to kill people, or other violent acts, to advance their practice. but several countries have banned the substance and forbid its importation, a judge told the Santo Daime in Ireland that they make their own laws, but that the law of the land, prevails. They lost the right to import there.

It is forbidden in Portugal, but the group came here after several arrests in the UK, which resulted in prohibition. Many came to Portugal, with the blessing of several retreat centres and the Directors to start cannabis farms and new centres, using people who were willing to import substances across international borders and take chances.

It is fair to say that threatening to kill the Spiritual Guru, an Ayahuasca expert, as well as an expert in metaphysics, astral forces, ethics and the dynamics of the human ego, was a serious mistake that has closed their works in Portugal.

Several recommendations were ignored in 2014, 15 and 17, that could have averted the disaster, but they were in their egos and thought they knew better and that making fun of the Spiritual Guru was wise, but now 100 people are dead as he foresaw, several are in prison on trafficking charges, the police are investigating the Santo Daime throughout Portugal, families have been torn apart by karma, having lost everything and forced off the land by fires, now their works are CLOSED.

• Et
      Jun 30, 2018

The Eternal Heart Centre wishes to issue these public apologies to the complainant Free Spirit.

The Eternal Heart Centre unreservedly apologizes and condemns the disturbing nature of the complaints including abuse, mockery and threats to kill. On no level do we condone or support such behaviour and we can confirm the behaviours are not ones we sanction.

Dear Free Spirit,

On behalf of the Santo Daime Church, I unreservedly and sincerely apologize for the distress caused to you and your partner because of the death threats made by someone in our movement connected with an ongoing police investigation, who was arrested with a large amount of cannabis and other illegal substances.

We must now accept some moral responsibility for the matter, because Johannes Maasland was a member of our Church, who participated in our retreats often, and through us, was introduced to the Path of the Santo Daime.

His behaviours are not ones we bless, condone or support.

He has shown himself to be reckless, morally irresponsible and respect-less for the law of the land and he is clearly unsuited to the work.

We have examined the death threats made which implies you could be killed before the police can do anything about it.

Because these threats were made by one within our wider community we are deeply hurt and shocked by what has happened.

We confirm our movement condemns such despicable behaviour, and we encourage people in our wider communities to respect the laws of the land and to respect life.

Johannes behaviour brings shame and dishonour to us all, and reflects badly on us as a whole and we do not condone the illegal cultivation of cannabis.

This matter has shown is the importance of ethical awareness and moral integrity in what we do, as you have pointed out, and we acknowledge over the years that there has been weaknesses in those areas, and now, strive to learn from this experience.

We also acknowledge there are other lessons that this matter has presented to us, and we now know that we must take them seriously in all the work that we do, so that this never happens again.

We have decided to make a priority, the development of ethical and moral awareness, in all who attend our gatherings, so that we can promote good and respectable behaviour, respect for law and respect for other people.

We accept that these ethical, moral and spiritual lessons have been presented to us, at great cost, danger and risk to yourself and your partner – and that your role in our movement, has clearly been to reflect back big lessons at the risk of serious injury, or even death, a matter that is deeply troubling for us.

I also unreservedly and sincerely apologize for the distress caused to you and your partner because of the other abuses posted online by him and ‘friends’ of The Sanctuary 1860. Some of those postings labelled you mentally ill as well as suggesting you should feel fear in your trousers, or be killed before the police can help.

His postings were insulting, degrading, disgusting and not representative of how we expect any of our followers to behave in their daily lives. We must now accept some moral responsibility for the matter, because Johannes Maasland was a member of our Church, who participated in our retreats often, and through us, was introduced to the Path of the Santo Daime, and who indirectly, with the help of Daniela Markert (aka Daniela Mar), founded The Sanctuary 1860.

The Sanctuary 1860 was founded by members of our Santo Daime Church, who have clearly lost their moral way in their quest to be number one in Portugal for Ayahuasca.

This whole sorry tale has been a wake-up call for us in the importance of ethical practice as you say, and in the light of this we will endeavour to do all we can to bring more clarity and grounding to every aspect of our practice, both in and out of the workshops.

We condemn all the abuses that you have witnessed at the hands of Johannes Maasland and The Sanctuary 1860 and encourage all those in our movement to take responsibility for their mistakes.

We do not condone the illegal cultivation of cannabis in our movement.

We are appalled by some of the behaviours that have occurred, and are deeply ashamed about what has happened and it reflects badly on all of us.

We expect all who attend our gatherings to respect the laws of the land and to behave themselves responsibly in their lives and will remind our followers, in future events, to do so.

In addition to the other apologies presented, I also want to wholeheartedly and unreservedly apologize for the insults you received from someone in the Cascais Santo Daime Church group.

The individual who did not name themselves, but implied they were from the Cascais Church - labelled you a homosexual peodophile (which implies that you like gay sex with underage boys) and this insult was clearly done to offend

Obviously, for someone in our movement to make such an offensive insult, without any justification other than from a place of pure hatred, is totally appalling, and I, as a Senior of the Santo Daime Church, am totally ashamed of this.

In addition to the other apologies presented, I also want to wholeheartedly and unreservedly apologize for not taking the matters presented seriously before. Because of this we must accept we are responsible for our own detriment. When brothers and sisters of my Church mocked and insulted you, claiming you were a (censor), would be killed, was an arsonist, mentally deranged and a homosexual peodophile, I did not want to take ethical responsibility and condemn my associates and friends responsible.

This was because I chose loyalty to those who lost their ethical way, rather than to the ethical authority of the (censor), expert in matters of metaphysics and astral matters.

I now know I must take responsibility, to rescue my own integrity, brought into very serious question indeed. I jet-setted around the world instead of taking responsibility as a leader for my mistakes. I did not respect you or your wisdom and now we are all suffering for that mistake, because of our ethical shortcomings and our collective failings in being able to take responsibility for our mistakes, our hubris, our hatred and our unresolved issues.

I did not want to be sorry before because of my ego, this was a mistake I must now correct.

I now know there is more to being a Daime leader than being the ‘king of the castle’ from a space of ego-inflated self-importance, this was my downfall and I must learn from this. I provided large amounts of Santo Daime to those ill-suited to host works and then tried to evade responsibility and stood by whilst others in the group mocked and insulted you for fun.

When someone in our group threatened to kill you before the police could help, I did not intervene then and condemn the behaviour outright that would have saved so much trouble for me and my aides.

You warned me of fires and to stop the works, but I did not and the fires came.

I was challenged because I was in my ego and thought I knew better, but I was wrong, and have been humbled by the lessons. We did not understand energy or how high level astral energies offended by those who made death threats can invoke serious trouble.

We will no longer do workshops here, because of the seriousness of your prophecies that tend to come true, causing fire and death in the lives of our brothers and sisters, and in the local communities as well.

Some of them mocked you, and they paid for the mistake with life-changing losses, as you foresaw. They stated they were Santo Daime people, so I must now condemn this abuse.

I believed I could keep the donations you made in good faith, even though you were forced to move for your safety, threatened with murder by those who I gave the Daime to, even though they were ill-suited. I did not want to admit my mistake, but now I must to spare me and my family untold karmic troubles because of the karma of disrespecting (redacted) and their wellbeing.

I was wrong to believe a (redacted) should make losses for our collective mistakes and for this I am so sorry and want to repent for this mistake. I assure you that we will learn from these matters and as a leader, I take full responsibility for all the abuse and mockery, it reflects bad on me and on the Daime family, I now know that I must foster better morals and standards in our groups.

I also want to wholeheartedly and unreservedly apologize for the matter of a member of our associated group in Cascais.

As well as mocking you as a peodophile, they also claimed to be tracking your emails and bank account. The fact that someone in our movement would pretend to be a private investigator and claim to be tracking your emails in such a blatently unprofessional and unregulated manner is troubling.

It shows us that some in our movement are disrespectful, violate Data Protection laws and also claim to be able to track private bank accounts. This reflects badly on me because you wanted a refund for the events and I stood back and allowed my friends in the Daime to mock you like this and I did nothing because I wanted to keep your donations for myself.

I did not act or intervene because I put my interests first, which was a mistake. I saw already the same organizer mocked you months before, but I used them anyway to host a music event, so I was stupid to do that and brought about my own troubles and a potential investigation by the Information Commissioners Office.

I will comply fully with the Subject Access Request submitted and turn over all the relevant data that we hold about you as an organization.

I confirm our movement does not condone illegal or unauthorized private investigations, or the abuse of personal data, or any other kind of mockery.

I am totally ashamed of myself and everything that has happened in this matter.

I ask your Source to forgive us and we will now make the damages payment for your trouble.

Adrian Freedman
    The Eternal Heart Centre

• In
      Sep 06, 2018

In June 2018 a Criminal Tribunal (Criminal Court) injuncted the owners of Earth Connection Portugal and The Sanctuary 1860 prohibiting them from making threats of violence, posting malicious abuse and defamatory statements against the witness to the proceedings.

He was threatened with violence and murder, and subjected to malicious defamation, as a way of blaming him for the police raid that found many kilos of cannabis at the house of Earth Connection Portugal.

They all mistakenly thought he was a police informant on the cannabis and then some proceeded to make threats to murder, others engaging in malicious defamation and witness harassment.

The police got involved and filed complaints with the Prosecution and the Tribunal for witness harassment conducted by members of the Santo Daime Church headed by Adrian Freedman.

The Tribunal made an Injunction against those responsible with permanent effect on the four named people below, process number of the Criminal Tribunal is 1544.18.3T9 GMR Tribunal Oliveira do Hospital, Portugal.

The people that the Criminal Injunction refers to are Johannes Maasland, Alexandra Akat, Attila Akat and also Daniela Markert, sometimes known as Dani Mar or Daniela Mar.

All four are brothers and sisters of The Santo Daime Church.

The injuncted parties were involved in running Ayahuasca retreats in Portugal and advertising them online, their work was started with the assistance of Adrian Freedman of The Santo Daime Church