Adrenal Fatigue Institute / Fraudulent Use of Credit Card

1 Lewiston, ME, United States Review updated:

I ordered a trial sample of the cylapril product & a book that explains adrenal fatigue. It was advertised as $9.95 for both.

However, at the bottom of their webpage, in the second paragraph, in very light grey text, it states

If you choose the Free Book Offer, you are proactively opting into agreeing to the terms and conditions of the Cylapril™ Free Book Preferred Customer Program. Additionally, you are NOT obligated to remain a member, there are no minimum purchases and you may discontinue at ANY TIME. On day 14 customer is billed $49.95. Autoship begins on day 30 for $49.95 + $6.95 S&H, then every 30 days thereafter. You’ll receive your next shipment in approximately 30 days. Please note that if you wish to discontinue membership, you MUST cancel prior to the next shipment to avoid being charged.

I did not see this. I did however check the paperwork I received when the trial sample and the book arrived, to check for this kind of sneaky obligation. There was nothing. When I called to find out what was going on, I was lectured to, cut off, and treated like anything but a customer.

When I told them I was going to refer this to the Maine Attorney General's office, they changed their tune and offered a partial refund on the charge.

There is way too much of this type of internet fraud taking place. I think the states and the federal government need to go after these types of deceptive practices. I should know better than to buy anything on the internet, except from reputable businesses. But one would think the convenience of the internet should be a safe and efficient way to shop. Not so -- it needs to stop.

An

Comments

• La
      4th of Jan, 2009
    Adrenal Fatigue Instutue - Cylapril
    Adrenal Fatigue Institue
    unk
    PORT ST LUCIE
    Florida
    Phone: unk
    adrenalfatigueinstitute.com

My credit card is being changed by this company and no product is being received.

• Ha
      12th of Feb, 2009

My credit card has been charge twice once is $9.95 and another $29.95. I have not received the product and I never authorized the $29.95 charge.

• Ka
      4th of May, 2009

My credit card has been billed and I have not received the product. Please send the product asap. Karen Wilson

• Ga
      9th of Nov, 2009
    Adrenal Fatigue Institute - Cylapril
    Palo Alto

If you find yourself in a situation with not being able to cancel out your order...Say that you saw your doctor and they said you cant take it. We will cancel you out immediately. We get paid for keeping you in the program when you call to cancel. Say that you are told not to take it due to medical advice and we will no longer bill you.

When it comes to returns...You have to follow the return policy exacting...You need to call and say that you will call the BBB, AG and chargeback on your CC if you dont get a refund. Request an RMA # once you get that number mail it back to the warehouse, 41 canal St Lewiston, ME 04092...PAY to mail it back! DO NOT RTS it. Make sure you write the RMA number on the outside in LARGE print. And you should get a refund in about 2 months...SERIOUS!

Former employee trying to gain my soul back..Good luck to all customers.