Adoreme / Fraudulent Charge
I signed up for AdoreMe’s subscription service back in April of 2014 based on the promise that I could discontinue the service at any time. After receiving 2 packages (in April and May) I decided that the quality of the product in no way matched up to the rather high price ($39.95 for most sets). I called in June to cancel the subscription altogether. Afterwards I checked my credit card bill to see if June was refunded; it was.
Based on this, I assumed they heard me loud and clear. They didn’t and continued to charge me my monthly subscription fee of $39.95. I still had a credit on my account and intended to use it at a later date, so when I got the reminder “You have a credit email” I assumed that was what it was referring to. In October I realize that I am still being charged, I email again asking what’s going on and demanding for them to cancel my account. They claim they could only cancel over the phone so I call and ask for it to be canceled AND for the money to be refunded. They refused.
I did the same song and dance in November and December over both the phone and via email and still it has not been canceled. I’ve contacted my credit card company, but unfortunately they are siding with AdoreMe because of how the user agreements are written.
To be clear I am fine with the charges up until June of 2014 when I canceled my service, but the charges which occurred afterwards I do not feel responsible for.
Do not do business with this company! They are desperate to hold onto ever customer and will trap you into a monthly charge of $39.95 which quite obviously adds up. So far they’ve gotten me for $279.65 and as a student this really hurts. Please don’t make the same mistake I have.
More Adoreme Complaints & Reviews
- Adore Me - VIP Membership Scam 
- Adore Me - Deleting Adore Me Account 
- Adore Me - Adore Me delivery problems
- adoreme.com - Slow shipping, takes too long to get your order 
- adoreme.com - I am considering class action suit or reporting them to the department of consumer affairs 
- Adore Me - Lingerie
- Adore Me - Unauthorized Enrollment in monthly VIP membership program with monthly charge of 39.95
- Adore Me - Never shop here
- Adore Me - need refund for opening an account unintentionally
- Adore Me - customer svc and non moral practices