Adore Cosmetics / high pressure sale, not organic

United States Review updated:

While I'm not horribly upset with the amount of money I just threw away on this product, I do think that anyone who comes into contact (whether you like it or not) should know that this stuff is a bunch of garbage.

A) Holy high pressure sales batman. I work in sales and would easily compare the salespeople at Adore to greasy car salesmen or the like. I stood there for 20+ minutes listening to this woman who literally would NOT let me walk away! By the time I had enough of telling her no, she had dropped her price on my ONE product (the Calming Body Peeling Scrub) from $100 to $30. So I bought it, because for the love of God I needed to GO! But I paid 70% less than if I would have given in within the first 5 minutes.. I win... I guess?

B) IT'S TOTALLY ORGANIC!!! NOT. If I had a magnifying glass or the personal space necessary to read the ingredients on the bottom of this product I would have called that saleswoman a bold-faced liar. Amongst the laundry list of words I can't pronounce all I needed to see was Isopropyl Myristate - a SYNTHETIC OIL. I'm sorry, what is typically the opposite of organic? Is it SYNTHETIC? It's also an ingredient in the body scrub, an EXFOLIANT. If you're not familiar with this synthetic oil, it maximizes absorption, but if overused it can CLOG YOUR PORES. Yep... definitely what I'm looking for out of a product that is meant to do the opposite, right? Wrong.

Bottom Line: Don't give in. There are 4 separate kiosks for this product at my mall in Chicagoland and they've got nothing but YOUR time to waste with their stupid demos and antics. Spend your hard earned money on reputable product lines that don't need kiosks or long-winded, pushy salespeople to sell them. The best products SELL THEMSELVES.

End rant.

Me
Aug 13, 2014

Comments

• De
      Jan 26, 2015

I wish I had read your comment before I was sucked in and lost $180.00 on these scammers! Deb

Feb 05, 2015

I had the same experience yesterday. The salesperson dragged me in and made me stay there listening to him for 20 mins, and provided deep discount: from $400 for a mask to $199 for a mask, a milk and a moist. I simply couldn't believe it's a serious product. I'm happy I didn't buy any of them.

• Ju
      Mar 15, 2015

I bought the peel, night cream, eye serum and cream from a high pressure saleswoman. The products are amazing. My skin has always been bad. I have scars from the acne when I was a teenager and not as I am approaching my 60s, acne is returning. These products have made my skin look the best it ever has. The night cream makes it possible for me to use 1% retinol nightly without irritating or burning my skin. I would suggest that the company lower their prices and cut the high pressure sales. I would buy again if those two things were to happen.

• Rm
      May 12, 2016

I purchased one of their peels. It does work similarly to other products; however, it is accompanied by a strong, noxious scent that lingers for over a day or so that overpowers perfume. If you enjoy peels, I would advise purchase a similar product at a significantly lower price point, or look up a guide to make your own for the price of salt and oil. I can assure you that you'll be more satisfied with the results.

May 15, 2016

I had the experience of trying this product by a sales person in a store at Foxwoods. I was given a demonstration of the eye product land myself and husband were impressed. The sales tactics that were used were no different than the ones used in department stores like Macy's...that was experienced by myself. I was not pressured to purchase any of the products and left with a good feeling. I returned home lot research the product and the only thing that I found was that the pricing was a bit too high. I currently use several products that I change on a 6 month basis like Elemis, Wek East, and Mary Kay. Will definitely add Adore to my list when I can afford the price.

Apr 01, 2017

Was on my way to Nordstroms to buy some Clinique skin cream when this woman from Adore in the mall in Santa Barbara CA lassoed me to try her hand cream samples. She then proceeded with a demo of other products that would surely help my skin and appearance. I was gullible enough to go along with this thinking I would walk out in a minute. Each time I told her I was not interested another product was introduced and would be given to me with the first product so I'm getting a big discount. By the time she was done my one product became 5 all for the same price. This is all a big scam. I just wanted to get out. Finally said I would try the product and see how it worked for a day and if I wanted to continue. The product she put on my cheeks and eye lids made me feel like I was shriveling up all afternoon. I think it was dehydrating my skin to take the puffiness of my eyelids out. I finally paid just to get out of there. My wife came in and while I went to Nordstroms they tried to sell her a $5000 LED light treatment. An LED light does not cost anywhere near $5000. It's an emotional rio off. What they do not tell you is there are no refunds only exchanges in micro print at the bottom of the receipt that they immediate hide in your sales bag. I was on my way back to the mall this AM to return the products which are still in the bag unopened. I went online to read how many others this happened to and how frustrating it was for them to not be able to contact anyone to complain about not being able to make a return of a new unopened item. This companies tactics are a scam. Do not be gullible and led into their masterful sales tactics with no refunds available. I am going to contact the better business bureau and the mall where I purchased these products. Buyers beware of Adore. Ask if you can return their product and if so have them give it to you in writing. If I go to a reputable store like Nordstroms and even use a product and have a problem or do not like it they always are gracious and return it for a full refund. Adore is just the opposite. While there products may be effective they have no prices attached to anything and are a rip off. If you have lots of money to throw away and just don't care this is the place for you.