AdorableRagdolls / Selling sick kitten

1 Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:

In May of 2008 I purchased a female kitten for breeding from Dallasrags . The kitten was raised from 1 day old by Minkcats because I was told that DallasRags house had burned totally down. The kitten was born 20 march 2008. The kitten was sent to me on 2 September 2008. When she arrived here, she was very underweight. At almost 6 months of age, she was only 3 pounds, and was sneezing. Within two days the sneezing was worse and with green bubbles, her eyes were badly swollen and running. I also received NO BLUE SLIP!

I immediately took her to my vet and he was shocked at her weight and told me that she had no muscles at all.

I then emailed all of this information to the breeder who raised her (minkcats)and she told me that the kitten was healthy when she left Dallas airport !! She also told me that if I could provide a letter documenting the kittens poor health from my vet, she would refund me part of the money I had paid. So I did what she asked me to do. I sent her a letter from my vet outlining her medical problems, weight problems and her health and what treatment she had received.But since then I have received NO response at all from her and still have received NO BLUE SLIP.

The kitten was also treated by my vet for feline herpes (l-lysine and viroptic) so it is a question as to whether she could ever be used for breeding at all. Her eyes were badly involved.

I asked TICA if their was a litter registration and they said that was done and I needed to get the blue slip from the breeder.TICA mailed me this information on 24 Sept 2008. Now it is 8 December and still no blue slip.The kitten is still sneezing but no green bubbles thank god.She has become a better weight now (5 pounds) but still she is not in normal shape or normal size for her age. All my other cats and kittens got the same medical trouble 2 weeks after the Dallasragskitten came into my house.

I even emailed the breeder that I have filed a complaint with TICA but she still does not respond.I am left with a sick underweight cat, no DNA testresult which i had to pay extra, no blue slip and no response. Do not buy a kitten their or take it first to your own vet for a check-up.

Ga

Comments

• Ka
      29th of Dec, 2008

Did your veterinarian run an elisa test for FIP? If not, I would have it done.

• Ka
      16th of Jan, 2009

• Lo
      18th of Feb, 2009

I purchased a kitten from Adorable Ragdolls (Dallas, TX) in April 2005.
    I went to have her checked out by me local vet the day I picked her up in Dallas. The vet did all the blood work and sent it off. The cat was sneezing horribly and was given allergy meds. The baby was only 6 weeks old but they had gotten her spade before I could adopt her. The kitten had a huge abdominal hernia that the vet said would need surgery. I took the kitten home and started to bond. A week later the vet called w/ the lab results and told me the kitten had FIP. She even drew blood a second time to re-check and she was still FIP positive. I called Adorable Ragdolls and told them about the hernia and FIP, as I was worried about the health of other cats/kittens. She said the results were wrong but I could exchange the kitten. I had already spent over $500 at the vet for this kitten and I had bonded with her. I actually still owed $250 on the cat, but I told them to forget about me paying them anything else for selling me a sick baby.

My ragdoll is almost 4 yrs old and still suffers from a delicate digestive system and has a shortened life expectancy (per the vet). She has had GI bleeds a few times and has cost us thousands of dollars. I love her (my cat) but these breeders should not be in business, because their cats are infected and breeding more infected kittens!
    If you have an "Adorable Ragdoll" bought from Dallas, TX get them tested for FIP!

Good Luck!

• Bi
      19th of Apr, 2009

It is not possible for ANY vet to diagnose a living cat for FIP! They can only test for Carona and these tests are VERY irreliable, doing such tests are a VERY BIG WASTE OF MONEY!! and are only very good for the vets's wallets! Thank goodness nowadays many vets knows about all this and will tell their clients the tests are not worth to take. The Corona virus is very harmless it is just that this very harmless Corona virus can turn into FIP and I agree, FIP is the worst. Unfortunately it is still unknown why this happens to (very few) some cats but most of them will never get it. Most cases of FIP are happening at a very young age (about 8 months to 2 years of age) or when they are very old. It can and probably it will happen to every breeder, it is not their fault. I only can hope that if this happens to a kitten that their breeder is there for the kitty's owner.
    I hope the best for you and your kitten, but don't rely on the fact that your vet has diagnosed her with FIP because that is only possible when autopsi has taken place.
    I am not saying that your kitty will not die from FIP, I wish you all the best.

• Bi
      19th of Apr, 2009

Karen,
    You complain about your kitty in January 2009 having Herpes, being underweight and not knowing if you ever could use her in your breeding programm? I am very surprised to read somewhere that only 1 month later you mated her and she is expecting kittens in April 2009? What kind of breeder are you?

• Cu
      28th of Aug, 2009

A suggestion for all future and potention buyers is to visit this website before making any purchases. Mink Ragdolls are variants of the Ragdoll Breed.

• Cu