Administrative Professional Update / Fraud

1 370 Technology Drive, Malvern, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-220-5000

Someone called me at work offering Administrative Professional Update free. They assured me it was free, so I agreed. I started receiving the publication for about a year and then they stopped. Today I received a call from someone claiming to be from a collection agency stating I owed $195.50 for the publication. I told her I never ordered it, but she said I had 30 days to cancel after receiving the bill, but since I didn’t cancel, I owed the money.

Comments

• We
      1st of Dec, 2010

• My
      28th of Mar, 2012

We received invoices from this company and emails as well. They claimed I had ordered their product which I did not. After several times trying to reach them, I gave up figuring fake companies cant push too far. I was incorrect. I received a call from a "collection" agency today and upon researching they are also not a reputable business.
    This is what happens they get your information either by calling and claiming to just want to send you information about their products or they just get your information from the internet. What they claim later is a confirmation letter comes in an email that looks like general info. At the bottom there is a note that says if you want to stop receiving the free newsletter here is the confirmation number to cancel... um free? Then several months go by and you start getting odd invoices. Your accounting department is not dumb and they deduct the invoices are FAKE. They obviously try to reach the company to no avail and ignore the invoice. The next step is a collections call asking for $195.00 and this will all go away. Huh yeah but they want your credit card number.You ask if they can email you any evidence of a bill. They say "we do not have your bill, you should have received an invoice." The invoice you have seen does not have any contact numbers or emails, your only option is snail mail or paying your bill. The collection agent then explains she does not have a work email (um odd). Upon looking up the collection agency you learn they are a scam as well.
    Finally you decide one more call to see if you can reach anyone of Admin Professionals that can explain all this craziness. You ask them why they are invoicing your company (unsolicited) they again claim you ordered something. Yet, never ask you for information to double check anything you are saying. You question them regarding all the fraud complaints they only continue responding "I do not argue with customers, if you think we are frauds why would you even bother to call" Um idiot because I want to make sure 100% that this bull ### was really happening. You have no explanation, no solution. Do not speak to these people if they call tell them to [censored] OFF.

• Da
      20th of Jun, 2012

this company is very scandalous. I did not agree to pay for any service. i was kind to not hang up on the woman when she called and let her email me more info on the services. now, i am in collections for $195.50. such ###. anyone else have experience with this?

5th of Jul, 2012

I just had the exact thing happen to me. I was told it was free. Their information was not useful or interesting so most of it went directly into the trash. One day I received a collections call and they threatened to send my company to collections. I told them I did not owe them the money but they said they had my birth date so that meant that I owed them. I was afraid they would actually report my company to collections so I just gave them my credit card number. They said they would send me a receipt but I never got one.

• Tf
      7th of Mar, 2013

Please send your complaints about fraudulent conduct regarding International Credit Recovery Inc. and Progressive Business Publications to the Federal Trade Commission, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, E consumer .gov, the Better Business Bureau, and/or your local General Attorney's office.

24th of Jul, 2015

This person called my business asking for an email address to send a free publication. I just received an invoice and called their number that of course is not listed on the invoice but I had to google to find it. I pressed #6 and spoke with Cindy who continued to state that it was a "free trial". No it was free period. Why would I sign up for this crap. I will be sending this to BBB as well. A bunch of frauds who have time to play on peoples phone while they are at work.