Adipose RX / Unauthorized charges

This is such a scam. I randomly got a bottle of pills in the mail with no invoice. When I googled it it said to watch for fradulent charges on your credit card. I found it for 34.84 on my Mastercard! Who are these people? I never authorized that! SCAM!

Be

Comments

• Lw
      19th of Feb, 2009

I also received a bottle of ADIPOSE is the mail, I did NOT order. The first thing I did was check with my credit card. The charge $34.84 was put on 2-1-09, I received the product on 2-17-09. I also reported it to the local authorities. I called the number on the bottle. They were very nice on the phone and said the order was place 1-29-09. They said they would give me a refund we will see. That means my information was out there for almost three weeks before I knew it. The credit card was also closed. It might be someone scamming
    the company itself. Hope we can get to the bottom of this scam.

• Sh
      20th of Feb, 2009

I received a package at home that looked like something free/promotional- I opened it and it was Adipose RX pills- boosts energy etc. I did NOT order this and thought it very odd, but simply set it aside. The next day happened to be when I went online to pay my monthly credit card bill, and I saw a charge for $34.84 for this product. I did NOT order this, I am CERTAIN. I always keep receipts, emails etc of purchase, and I would have NEVER ordered this anyway. I called the credit card company and they immediately mailed out a dispute form. I hung up and googled the company and BAM, tons of listings came up as to others who have had the SAMe thing occur for SAME amount. The 800 number usually is a recording and no live person (surprise). All I can think is that I DID order back in the fall some Wu-Yi green tea, just to try (course that turned out to be somewhat of a price fix/scam as well, sounds free for first month trial but in fact is not). Perhaps they 'shared' my card information? That is all I can think of. In any event, it is ILLEGAL to charge someone's card without their consent and their order! I do not think Chase has issue in removing the charge, but everyone should be aware this CAN happen without your consent or knowledge, esp if you don't check account activity!

20th of Feb, 2009

I received a bottle of Adipose in the mail in January. Since I did not order it nor received any supporting shipping information I ignored the mailing. I just received my credit card statement which showed a charge for $34.84 and a foreign transaction fee finance charge of $1.04. I immediately called my credit card company for an explanation and found out that the charge is from St. Kitts. I have closed out my old card and should receive a new one within a few days. The credit card company will cancel the charges after I fill out an affadavit for them. I have not tried to call the number on the bottle since this is obviously a scam. I don't know how they got my credit card number.

• Su
      20th of Feb, 2009

I also got charged $34.74 om my bank card and a $0.70 charge for international postage fee or something like that. I didn't order it and I don't know what the company is. I had my bank dispute the charge so I got my money back but I don't know how they got my card number. I did get a new card though so something like that shouldn't happen again. Today I received the pills in the mail though and I'm not returning them because I already got my money back. HAHAHAHA stupid scammers!

• El
      23rd of Feb, 2009

I had the exact thing happen to me. I saw the charge first and called my credit card company to dispute it and the next day the pills came in the mail. I hate that people have my credit card number!

23rd of Feb, 2009
    Adipose RX - Fraudulent Practices & Outright Theft
    Theresa
    New York

I received my c/c statement it contained charges of 34.84 on a product which I did not order or want, or recieve, to my dismay, I now have to cancel c/c to insure there are no more fraudelent charges, and have to wait to find out the resolution to my displute, and have to worry if I do not pay the charges, will I be responsible for paying late fees, etc. Whoever these scam artists are they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

24th of Feb, 2009

I was nailed too. Charged on 2/01/09. Pills and credit statement came on the same day (yesterday 2/23). I am calling mastercard in a few minutes. Are all these Mastercard charges?

24th of Feb, 2009

I had a charge show up as well for $34.84 on 2/1/09. Have not receieved anything in the mail yet, but I won't be surprised when it does arrive! Companies like this should be found and put in jail. This is not right!

• Km
      24th of Feb, 2009

I also received a bottle of pills in the mail but that was after the charge of $34.84 appeared on my credit card. I called the company and they did refund that amount. I also closed that credit card just to be safe.
    My charges were on a VISA card.

• Sc
      25th of Feb, 2009

I too got a bottle in the mail from Weight Loss Systems that I never ordered. Thank God for the Internet. I googled the name and immediately found out about the scam. I checked my credict card, and sure enogh, there was a charge of $34.84 from Adipose RX dated 2/2/09. Called my credit card company and asked them to do the same Google search so they understand just how many thousands of bottles of this ### they sent out and try to rip off people on. Do they really think they can get away with this, bunch of fools...

25th of Feb, 2009

I just checked my CC acct and there was a pending charge of $34.84 from Adipose RX dated 2/21/09. I did a google search and found this page. I called my bank and they said they could not do anything until the charge actually post to my acct. They told me to call the Bank of America Billing Disputes number 888-666-9549 if the charge becomes permanent.

• Da
      26th of Feb, 2009

Me too; I just disputed the charge. It also came with a ~ $1.08 foreign transaction fee.

28th of Feb, 2009
    Adipose RX - unauthorized cc & debit card charges, unsolicitated mailing of product
    New Jersey

Two unauthorized charges one to my debit card and the other to my credit card. Also I am receiving packages from Lose Weight Systems in Mesquite NV which I have not ordered. I have been returning the packages to the post office to return to Lose Weight Systems marked "refused." But apparently, they keep coming. Have reported this company & product (assuming they are one and the same) to BBB in Nevada. When I take the fourth package to my local post office today, I will inquire as to filing a complaint for fraudulent mailing. Cancelled by debit card and put my credit card company on notice re: the charges from Adipose RX. I have no idea how they were able to access my debit and credit card information. Apparently, many others have the same complaints. This company needs to be stopped.

• Rp
      1st of Mar, 2009

My card got hit by this twice and my provider has closed the account. They have your info so advise you to do the same.

• Di
      2nd of Mar, 2009
    Adipose RX - Unauthorized Credit Card Charge
    Lose Weight Systems

I noticed on my credit card statement a charge of $34.84 for ADIPOSE RX. I immediately wrote my credit card company to dispute this charge. I don't know the company, we never ordered a product from them, and AFTER we disputed it with the credit card company received a pkg in the mail from "Lose Weight Systems" with a bottle of Adipose RX dietary supplement. I'm throwing them away! Never ordered them, never wanted them, would never order from an unknown company an unknown product. About 2 years ago we had a couple other companies try this stunt on the same credit card. ALD Enterprises Hoodia, Lean RX, Extreme Burn, and Dream Smile. It should be a crime for these companies to do this!

• Ed
      4th of Mar, 2009

Same thing happened to me -- 34.84 charge and a bottle of pills showed up in the mail. I closed the credit card account. I filed a report with the Federal Trade Commission, which I recommend others do as well.

• Ge
      10th of Mar, 2009

The same thing happened to me as to almost everyone above. I actually received the item first then the charge. After the first bottle arrived I ignored it and the charge appeared on my debit/credit card. I disputed the charge and got a new card with a new number. Two days after going through that hassle, another bottle showed up...Good try but they weren't getting away with this again. I called the number on the bottle, got an answering machine of course, told them what I had done (new card, etc) my name, and addres, and that they weren't getting any money out of me so stop sending me this [censored] in the mail. The next day I received an email that said "Your Adipose Order has been cancelled." Make sure you call the number and let them know you aren't going to deal with this. I am sure they are still making money off of people out there who might not be taking action.

• Ge
      10th of Mar, 2009

Same as everyone above. Received a bottle in the mail last month, no invoice...nothing. Noticed two unknown charges on my Discover bill for 34.84...so it's not just Mastercard. Called 1-800-404-3870, told them I didn't order their product and they cancelled the charges. Also cancelled my Discover account, new card to come in the mail. Scary how easy it is for people to get your info and order s--- like this without you even knowing!

17th of Mar, 2009
    Adipose RX - Fraudulent Practices & Outright Theft
    1155 W Pioneer Blvd Suite 103-211
    Mesquite
    Nevada
    loseweightsystems.com

Lose Weight Systems - Nevada, Mesquite

Adipose Rx created an unauthorized charge on my credit card--I did not ask for these diet pills and want them to stop coming to my house

• Od
      17th of Mar, 2009

File a complaint with the Federal Trade Comission, www.ftc.gov. If they get enough complaints the federal government will go after this fake company and their scam. Simply denying the charges or cancelling your card each time will not solve the issue as this scam has been popping up under different company names for over 7 years. It recently happened to me, and this is what the lady at the FTC said to do.