Adigitalvillage.com / did not order, being threatened

1 41 Trull St, Cohoes, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 518-590-0037

I am being scammed by aDigitalVillage.com. I have Verizon Service and a lifeline and all of a sudden I have a $12.95 charge from somebody I never heard of before. They said I ordered it on the internet, which I did NOT. It also says Web Hosting Gold. They can kiss my butt if they think I am going to pay. They said I HAD TO PAY THE 12.95 and they would cancel my service from them. I am e-mailing the better business bureau and anybody else I can think of. This is the second time I have someone try to scam me with Verizon. I am going to call them and if need be, I will get my phone through my cable company. Which will void my lifeline, but I don't need this aggrivation. Michele Austin

More Adigitalvillage.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• La
      21st of Nov, 2008
    adigitalvillage.com - Fraudulant Billing

I was filling out a registration to win a tv and was directed to this site I signed up, but regretted immediatly tried to use website they offered for support and keep getting directed to [redacted].
    Now am being billed via phone bill, want to cancel.

• Ro
      3rd of Feb, 2011
    Adigitalvillage.com - FRAUDULANT BILLING 3RD PARTY
    Lemoore
    California
    Phone: 5599258117

I am being billed monthly by this company on my home phone bill as a 3rd party thru AT&T. I have never bought or even know what this company is all about. I would like the monthly charge of 12.95 removed for the past several months of billing since I believe they erroneously billed my account by mistake instead of someone elses. When I called the 1-800 number they said that the account number from my phone bill was not in their system, so therefore they could not help me. Nor can the AT&T company since it is not part of their service. What now?????? This is bull and I am tired of people trying to take every penny that I have every chance they get.

• Co
      7th of Feb, 2011
    Adigitalvillage.com - unauthorized charge for Web Hosting Gold
    ICL
    Glen Allen
    Virginia

In Spring 2017, Virginia passed HB 204 which states that a telecommunications provider cannot add charges to a customer's phone bill without express written authorization for billing of a third party. What aDigitalVillage.com is doing is not legal in Virginia.
    ICL just moved Corp. headquarters and added new phone service. New phone bill has unauthorized charge of $12.95 for Web Hosting Gold.

• Ba
      30th of Mar, 2012
    Adigitalvillage.com - Fraudulant Billing
    aDigitalVillage.com
    Florida

I admit, I am a Bad Dog...I pay my bills, and don't look closely enough at them. I pay my Verizon phone bill and expect it to be correct...it is the same every month, and I just did not notice the month it went up. BUT...they will allow 3rd parties to bill through them. I just discovered that since July of 2017, a total of 34 months, I have been getting billed $12.95 plus tax ($13.35 x 34 = $453.90...OUCH) for this service I never ordered and have no idea what it is or how they got me. My daughter says they just saw this company in a class at school. It is on a list of internet trolling companies, scammers that get info and charge unsuspecting folks. She also said that enough complaints filed to the same office can get them shut down. It seems they may run online surveys and contests (Win an iPad!) in which they ask for a phone number, and bam, you're billed. Total scam. If you have been hit by this company, contact me, wherever you are from, but especially NYS. I have contacts with our state attorney general and govorner, and want to see if I can really put the screws to aDigitalVillage.com. Action may need to be taken in Florida, since that is where they are incorporated. Let's band together and close them down!