ADI PET INC. / Waggin Train Jerky Tenders / Contaminated dog food!

1 Irvine, CA, United States Review updated:

Dog vomiting and diarreha and unable to remain standing after eating INC /Waggin Train Jerky Tenders . Dog was healthy prior to eating piece of Jerky Tender.

Comments

• Lo
      15th of Apr, 2008

MY DAUG. FED HER 8MO.OLD CHIHUAHUA BESTROS DOG TREATS SHE BOUGHT AT WALMART SHE GOT SICK WITH VOMTING, DIRREHEA, SHE PRESENTED HER VET AND VET BILLS TO THE MANAGER HIS ASSIT.MANAGER SAT IN ON THE DISCUSSION WAS VERY NICE SAID IT NEEDED TO BE SENT TO THE COMPLAINT DEPT.AT ANOTHER STATE HE EVEN DONE IT FOR HER, OH YES SHE KEPT A COPY, A LADY FROM THAT OFFICE CALLED AND SAID MY DAUG. WOULD HAVE TO FILE IT WITH THE MAKER WHICH WAS CHINA BASED AS SINCE THE FDA HAD APPROVED THE BESTRO TREATS BESTROS WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE SHE SENT THE BILLS TO THE cHINA OFFICE A GUY EMAILD HER AND SAID HE WAS WORKING ON THEM, 2 WKS N PASSED SHE CALLED HIM AND HE SAID THEY WERE CELBRATING CHINESE NEW YEAR BUT SHE WOULD HEAR FROM HIM SOON TIME WENT BY SHE EMAILED HIM NOW HE DOESN'T RESPOND. WOULDN'T YOU THINK IF WALMART STANDS BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS THEY WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE? SHE EMAILED OUR SENATOR SHE GOT A LETTER BACK AND SAID SHE WOULD HAVE TO TALK TO A LAWYER, NOW PEOPLE I'M AFRAID OUR GOVERMENT IS TRUSTING CHINA AND CHINA IS KILLING OUR ANIMALS AND NEXT OUR PEOPLE, IS THER ANYONE OUT THERE THAT HAS THIS EXPERINCE OR A GOOD LAWYER THAT WOULD TALK TO HER, WE ARE IN VIRGINIA, THE DOG IS STILL ALIVE WITH HIGH VET AND MEDICINE BILLS, SHE HAS BEEN DIGNOSED WITH CHRONIC KIDNEY DAMAGE.

• Do
      21st of Jan, 2009

My dog also came close to death after eating these treats. My Vet has filed the paperwork. Advanced kidney failure. Thankfully, my dog recovered after stopping the treats. My vet thinks it was contaminated. Another dog died from the treats, at the same vet.

• Ri
      12th of Feb, 2010

I fed my dog Duke (male terrier) one of these treats and within a minute he began displaying signs of severe stomach upset. Has anyone else experienced this kind of response with Waggin Train Jerky Tenders? Thanks!

• St
      10th of Jun, 2010

My dog passed away this morning due to a Gran Mal Seizure due to toxin levels. DO NOT GIVE THESE TO YOUR PET>>>>>they are from China and contain who knows what.
    Your company sells poison………………………………..
    Waggin Train dog treats will make your pet ill or kill them. I had been feeding them to my dog for a few months (she loves them). I come home one day to find her lethargic at the bottom of the stairs. She could not move or stand up. Thankfully we have a 24 hour vet nearby. She was taken immediately and given a check up and had blood work done. The blood work came back with high spikes in her liver enzymes which the vet said was due to something that she ingested. The only thing that that has been introduced to her diet recently was these treats. I am not saying that every treat or every bag is dangerous but with them coming from China you never know what was added to them in the Chinese facility. My suggestion stay away from them and you will also stay away from a $1000.00 vet bill like I had. After being off the treats for a week she had another round of blood work and her liver enzymes are starting to return to normal. We have 1 more round of blood work in 2 weeks to make sure that her liver has returned to normal. JUST BEWARE. If you have experienced similar problems pass the word around as this company does not care for the well being of our pets. Only getting a cheap product from CHINA

• Ow
      2nd of Aug, 2010

My Boxer (Owen) was given these treats and after 2 days, I found Owen barely moving and not wanting to move. There were 6 piles of vomit and diarrhea around him which is very abnormal for most dogs but Owen has always been a clean boy and has never went #2 inside since he was a puppy. He is almost 4 years old and I became very worried. I immediately knew that the only thing that has been different was these so called treats. I looked at the package and found that they were made in China and I knew my boy was poisoned. I stopped giving him those treats and throughout the day I kept an eye on him and he was getting better. The next day I found him with more vomit, but it was white so I was able to determine that it wasn’t a liver or intestinal problem but he was much better. The third day, he finally ate and drank more water and back to his very happy, loving and playful self. If I had seen that they were made in China before, I would have never bought them. I read some info from their web pages and they say that the dogs get sick because owners give them more than what is recommended. That is absurd!!! Owen loves Beggin Strips and I will admit that I gave him more Beggin Strips than I should but I also use them for training. He has never gotten sick from other treats but by their theory, if I have more than 1 portion of chicken wings than I should expect to be sick for several days. Be careful!!! I could have lost my friend because of a treat.

• Bg
      16th of Aug, 2010

I almost killed my dog over the Waggin Train jerky tenders. I had to take her to an emergency clinic and thankfully she lived. I have been considering suing this company. if anyone would like to start a class action suit please let me know.

• Mi
      23rd of Sep, 2010

My dog almost died from these Poison treats! Thank goodness we realized and pulled him back from the brink!! These should be taken of the shelves immediately. Yes, the fancy packaging makes them sound more healthy than the lunch you've eaten today, but truth is they are Killing Dogs! Why are they allowed to be sold in the US??

• My
      12th of Nov, 2010

MikeHatesWagginTrain-AGAIN
    Update: My dog died. No doubt this poison had a hand in it...
    Lost my best friend. Life bites.

• Ho
      19th of Nov, 2010

My dog too started having seizures. The vet could not figure out what was wrong and told me that sometimes labs just have seizures. I started eliminating different treats from her diet. Shortly after discontinuing this treat (2 days), she quit having seizures. She has not had a single one in 2 months-- she was having them 2 times a week.

• Si
      8th of May, 2011

My dog ate a chicken jerky treat and immediately became sick. She could not move and acted like she was going to throw up. We took her to the vet, the bloodwork came back with elevated liver enzymes and high white blood cell count. 900.00 later we have our dog back but still very ill. Why doesn't someone do something about this? Bailey has always been healthy and never had a problem until this incident. Toxic chicken should not be feed to anything living. Our bill was only 900.00 because we could not afford a 400.00 sonogram that was advised. Vets need to advised as ours would not hear that our dog was poisoned but she is watched very carefully and immediately after that treat she started to act strangely.

• Tb
      15th of Jun, 2011

I am trying to gather as many complaints together as possible on Waggin Train - my dog just spent 3 days in the hospital and I am trying to get this product off the market. Anyone who is interested in supplying me with a written summary of any illnes and or fatality may email me directly @ Dayofwine@aol.com with Waggin as the subject line. thank you.

• Si
      15th of Jun, 2011

I'm going to gather my information for your information. The fact that they manufacture these products and hide the "Made in China" under the product code is disgusting. Are you aware that they sell another brand to Petsmart but its the same stuff. I believe the name is "Canyon Creek." The last time I went to Walmart they had removed the whole crate of treats a few days after my complaint, however, that doesn't help us after a 800.00 vet bill and a very sick dog who still is not well.

• Be
      11th of Jul, 2011

@TBagata i will be sending you my info.
    @Sisnetball, They might have removed them from your Walmart but i just purchased some form my Walmart in PSP 2 weeks ago. This company deserves a class action lawsuit. this has been going on since 2007 and nothing has been done about it. I too have been a victim of their NEGLIGENCE. my dog was sick last week. I would only feed him half a chicken tender a day. he is a 6 lb chihuahua. he is better now.

• Ke
      22nd of Jul, 2011

THEY HAVE TO TAKE THIS POISON OFF THE SHELVES!!!

Within hours of giving my a jerkey treat from Waggin' Train, she went out into the yard and starte throwing up. About an hour and a half later, there was diahrreah all over the yard! I have never seen a dog have a reaction like this to anything before.

I figured out it was the Waggin' Train treats, because this has happened only every time I feed her a "special treat". She usually has bad, very wet stools and vomits. I did a search, and saw a guy was complaining about this back in 2007! 4 years ago?!! I thought it was something else going on until earlier today, when she had been fine for a week well, it's becoming frighteningly aware how "special" these poison treats really are.

I can't believe they are allowing this irradiated stuff with who-knows what? some sort of paint varnish TO BE SOLD AS FOOD! ITS SICK!!!

This is a total outrage, and I hope I haven't sickened my pet long term from trying to give her something as a treat.

LAWSUIT PLEASE, NOW! or more companies will be selling poison and panning it off as health food and getting rich off sick animals.

• Bs
      22nd of Aug, 2011

I went to my mothers and took my chihuahua to play with her pomeranian, since they play well together, My mother just bought some Waggin Train baked chews with chicken liver centers and give them both one to chew on. Not long they started going into seizures and we rushed them to the emergency pet clinic, one has 107 temp with the other having 105 and had to be sedated with IV antibotics and tubes put in their stomach with coal to absorb any posions left in their system. The only thing they came in contact with was the waggin train dog treat since they live in seperate houses and eat different diets. As Im writing this letter we are not sure of the outcome of our babbies fate since they are still in the clinic fighting for their life but im certain Waggin Train is responsible for their sudden illness!!!

• Xx
      29th of Oct, 2011

My dog loves these treats and I never put 2 and 2 together until I started looking online for cheaper ones because they had just gone up in price. My dog constantly has diarhea and throws up but I didn't even realize they were made in China. We had 3 dogs at one time and only have the one left. 2 of the dogs had to be put down a few years back. The hardest thing you ever have to do. The Shephard had such horrible seizures. She was on 2 different types of medicine and they still couldn't be controlled. She would have 9-10 in a row. It is very heartbreaking to see your babies go through this. She was only 6 when we had to put her down. The seizures were taking a toll on her back legs and she could barely walk anymore. The yellow lab mix was 14 which is a pretty good age but still heartbreaking when you have to be the one to make the decision. She also had seizures. Our vet always told us it was very rare to have 2 dogs in one household with seizures. I wish I would have come across this website earlier and was able to stop giving them the Waggin Train dog treats. They might still be here today with us. I am stopping my Husky as of right now, even though she absolutely loves them. She is 12 and I would like her to be around awhile yet. Class Action Lawsuit would be great even though it won't bring our babies back.

• Ge
      21st of Nov, 2011

My beagle (Angel) suffered a seizure last night shortly after ingesting one of these, she has been unable to move for close to 12 hours, we are taking her to the vet ASAP. Please do not feed your dog these treats, they are manufactured in China but sold by a company local to where we live. I typed in the phrase "Wagging Train gave my dog seizures" on Google and this page and many others came up. I am appalled that Sam's Club(the place we purchased these at) would even carry this product. I am going to file a complaint everywhere I can, no one should have to see their dog like this. Go to Amazon.com and read the reviews on this product, I wish I had researched the treats before we gave her one. Don't let this happen to your dog, please, pay attention to any symptoms your dog gets from these! Loose stools, lethargy, and throwing up are not normal after eating, if anything its indicative of bad dog food but many people just brush it off. I'm asking you not to, you may be killing your dog.

• Lu
      23rd of Nov, 2011

My dog almost died this spring after eating these -- she could not walk for a month. I still have the product although thankfully she will no longer eat them because I needed to put her on soft foods after her incident this spring. I have hundreds of dollars in vet bills and will join or start a class action suit. Please keep me informed.

• Mi
      23rd of Nov, 2011

They killed my 110 lb anatolian Shepherd. They say on their website that if you fed them within the appropriate feeding range the animal would be fine. Molley was allowed 4 a day, but would get one right before bed time after going potty. It was the most painful thing to watch as we tried to "clean" out her system for 2 weeks. We incurred about 1, 200 in medical bills that still resulted in the loss of our loved Molley. She was a giving dog since she worked in the therapy business and never experienced a bad day except when she was subjected to these treats.

• Bi
      3rd of Feb, 2012

Took my dog Ollie 15 year old yorkie to vet, after eating the chicken jerky from Waggin Train purchased at Costco. I called company and asked if anyone had complained of this problem. The gentleman said no ...told me to throw the bag out and he would send me coupons for new bags. I kept the bag. I then did a Google search and found so many stories similar to mine...thankfully my dog didnt die...I have not left his side for 2 days...I also went to Facebook...Waggin Train Treats has a site...check out the stories there...the company saw my complaint and from my phone call earlier they called me and offered to pay for my vet bil...she said the claims dept. would be calling me...I'm sure it will come with a promise by me to not sue them.