Adele Services / Unauthorized charges

On November 23, 2008, my debit card was debited the amount of $0.21. This is not a large amount but if they see they can get away with this... then what will the next amount be? I have never heard of this Adele company and the phone number that is listed on my bank statement doesn't work.

Va

Comments

• Ca
      24th of Nov, 2008

I have a charge of 26 cents on my account ... also from Adele Servicves - no explanation and authorization. I agree that it isn't a large amount, but a little can add up over time. What is the deal with "Adele?" Never heard of them! And what do we do about this?????

• Go
      24th of Nov, 2008

I also have a charge of $.24 on my account. I called the bank and they can't tell me who this is. We should all dispute the charges and hopefully that will raise flags for the banks.

• Gm
      24th of Nov, 2008

I had $.22 cents debited from my account. Cancelled my credit card. Apparently this scam has hit thousands of people all over the country this past weekend but not a word from the media. The consumer needs to be alerted to this type of criminal act.

• Ra
      24th of Nov, 2008

I had .24 cents deducted on Nov 20, 2008 I called bank and they will dispute and issue new card for me. I also filed a complaint at http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
    I am seeing tons of people with same complaint at http://www.callercomplaints.com/SearchResult.aspx?Phone=800-764-8104&page=2

• Si
      24th of Nov, 2008

I agree with the complaints about adele services. On November 21, 2008 they took out 0.23 out of my checkin account. I had never heard of this company. there was a phone number on my statement, 1-800-764-8104 and when i called it it said that the phone number was not in service. I did contact my bank to dispute the charge. I am thinkign about ger a new debit card because if they can take out 0.23 then who's to say they won't try to take out more.

• Mo
      24th of Nov, 2008

Same thing for me - .024 on my account, phone number is no good.

• Ce
      24th of Nov, 2008

I have been bitten by the same situation my credit card got .26 charge from Adele Services, never heard about this business. I called the 800 764 8104 number and got a message of this number not in service. I cancelled my credit card for a new one just in case the .26 cents was to explore if posted ok and then after who knows what will be the charge.

What is frustrating is that we are always in the defensive side something has to be done to stop those thieves.

• Pa
      24th of Nov, 2008

I was charged .22 this weekend 11-21-08 and had to take action. No one answered the phone number at 800-764-8014. I have called the local radio hot line in Boston MA so they might focus their attention on this. Some of the comments posted on here are very similar to my experiences; no news on TV or Radio and the bank was unaware.

24th of Nov, 2008

I saw a $.21 charge on my account this morning, and called my credit union to cancel the card. The credit union said that the company was coming up as a pet supplies company. I saw another message board that said their bank told them it was a DVD rental service (like NetFlix). How bizarre! If this kind of charge comes up on your statement, make sure you flag this with your bank or cu before this "company" tries for a larger withdrawal!

• St
      24th of Nov, 2008

I just got a charge of $0.22 on my card. I am calling my bank now.

• Au
      24th of Nov, 2008

I was online, checking my bank account this morning and also realized I was charged $0.23 on 11/21 by Adele Services. I've never heard of this company, so I called my bank (Wachovia) and they told me to call Adele Services directly at 800-764-8104, which I did, and it was a disconnected #! So I called the bank back and they filed a dispute for the amount charged, and are going to issue me a new card. What a pain in the rear!!
    I recommend everyone apply for a NEW card, since who knows how much more $ these scammers can unknowingly take from us!

• Ga
      24th of Nov, 2008

Do we all have anything in common? Online shopping at certian sites, online poker, same banks, etc... Same thing happened to me this morning, an un-authorized .25 charge. My bank told me it was run in New York over the weekend, I live in Alabama. How is "Adele" getting all of our info?

• Au
      24th of Nov, 2008

I can't figure out this happened either, since I haven't made any out of the ordinary purchases in the past month - I've just used my card at the usual stores (not online) that I shop at.. Most of my online bill pay transactions occur through my checking account # (not my actual debit card).. so I'm stumped!

• Ry
      24th of Nov, 2008

Happened to me, too!! File a complaint with the FBI so they can track this. It has happened to ALOT of people over the weekend.

Complaint website:

Other people it happened to:

• Sh
      24th of Nov, 2008

I, too, received a $.22 charge from Adele Services on November 21, 2008. I'm about to dispute the charge and close my check card. The bank says it's a Pet Food supplier surcharge. Which leads me to think maybe they got my cc# from a pet store?
    And since it's all over, it has to be a big chain.

So, has anyone else bought from the following companies lately: Drs. Foster and Smith, Petland, PetSmart, or Flint River?

In any case, they have our number and it's a scam. Most people aren't going to blink over this small of an amount. I've read any where from $.20 to $.29 ... and I think they're betting on the fact people won't challenge it. We need to STOP them!

• Ka
      24th of Nov, 2008

the same thing happened to me over the weekend - $.25 charge. I hope we can get to the bottom of this. It just showed up on my account over this weekend.

24th of Nov, 2008

Well, happened to me too and I'm in Dallas, TX. I am diligent about balancing my bank accounts, so this $.22 charge from "Adele Services" was an immediate red flag for me this morning. To whoever thought maybe we all used the same pet supply store, I don't even have a pet... So, no, I don't think that's it. The only online purchasing I've done is with Amazon -- anyone else?!

When I called BofA to dispute/cancel my card, the individual at corporate HQ groaned... She had already heard from a handful of others who reported similar, fraudulent charges. I went on to visit my local BofA branch to make sure everything done over the phone was legit (my mind got the better of me and I had to be sure that the three folks I spoke with over the phone weren't somehow associated with Adele... I watch too many movies!). Anyway, they hadn't heard anything locally but there may be more reports of these charges to come.

Happy Thanksgiving to us.

• To
      24th of Nov, 2008

Add me to this long list of unhappy people!! I just checked my Chase debit card statement online and noticed a $0.26 charge to my account and am on the phone now with Chase customer service to get this disputed.

• Ro
      24th of Nov, 2008

Same here, they took 26 cents from my account. Heck I loose more than that in my washing machine when I do laundry but I did not authorize this so I am pissed.

• Ro
      24th of Nov, 2008

So after calling my bank- Navy Federal- I was told that since the amount is so low they cannot even file a fraudulant claim- they did refund my 26 cents- woohoo, the lady told me that there are companies that do this knowing they can get away with it and if they are caught it is only a slap on the wrist since each individual amount is low- even if they steal millions.