Adecco / discriminatory practices

777 E. Missouri Avenue, Suite 220Phoenix, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 6022666930

I was a Staffing Consultant at Adecco in Phoenix, Arizona, for over a year and a half, and if you are looking for work, do not waste your time with this company!

Adecco abides by a "policy" of bringing as many applicants in as possible in order to meet weekly production goals. They have no intention of ever placing you! The management is horrible, and even worse, there is no policy regarding provision of "Customer Service". Most of the recruiters will not take your calls, return messages, and are not on your side, only their client's side. In addition, these same recruiters will make up lies by saying they have "no jobs available that match your skill set".

One of the worst examples I can provide is in regards to my boyfriend, who I placed on an assignment with Charles Schwab. I will call him John.

John worked for Charles Schwab for almost a year, but still had not been hired on permanently as Schwab was in the midst of a hiring freeze. To give you some background information, however, on July 16, 2008, I was fired for allegedly falsifying a PDF file. Everyone knows Adobe Acrobat was created to protect documents, so as you are aware, it is impossible to alter any information. Keep in mind, my Branch Manager at the time hated me, because I believed in "quality, not quantity", and did not want to bring applicants in to waste their time, etcetera. When she fired me, she refused to show me this supposed falsified document as well.

Back to my example, one week later, my boyfriend was arriving to work and his badge didn't work. At that moment he received a call from the Onsite at Schwab stating he had been fired from Adecco for poor quality of work. POOR QUALITY OF WORK!?! John was the team lead in his department, and was the only employee who had security access to various programs at Schwab. In addition, his manager had given him promotions as well! Half way through the day, John's manager at Schwab asked several employees why John had not shown up to work.

HE HAD NO IDEA ADECCO FIRED HIM, because John's manager had NOT REQUESTED his employment be terminated. ADECCO FIRED JOHN BECAUSE OF ME!!!

In short, stay FAR, FAR AWAY from Adecco!!!
Ki

Comments

Ro
  21st of Dec, 2009
I live in New York City. Adecco lied through its teeth when it said it had openings at Scholastic Inc., a children's publishing company, and it even told me when the start date for a particular job was -- in proofreading, which is what I applied for. I spent close to five hours been tested, screened and interviewed, and was given the impression that I was a very desirable candidate with a good chance of getting in. I waited until the day before the "job" was supposed to start, and was told there were no openings at all. And these idiots dare to continue to advertise that very same position.
In
  13th of Feb, 2011
I worked for Adecco in Indiana as a Staffing Consultant. I did a great job for 5 years. I got raises and good reviews through 2 different area managers over the five years. I was near perfect on all my QPR audits and commended by our trainer for good recruiting and happy customers. I was the only person in a small office for most of the time and it was hectic. I was even loyal to the company when another employee who was my friend was stealing/ embezzling money. I turned her in to my boss with the proof because what she was doing was wrong. All this changed when we got a new manager who was a " big shot" in the local staffing industry. He was rude to me and gave me a hard time for no reason. He said all kinds of things like he didn't see me doing very much and I was slow, when the truth was that he wasn't at my office more than 10 hrs total in 3 mos time. In 2009 the economy forced them to close an office close to mine. My "big shot" boss decided to let me go and give the girl from the other office my job, all because I knew he was having an affair with our young beautiful sales gal and he was married. He was afraid I would tell someone, so even though I was the experienced employee, he let me go and kept the other person who had only been with the company 9 mos. What was really wrong was after I no longer worked there I found out that the big boss found out about the affair and fired the sales gal because of it. The "big shot " boss still got to keep his job and he is still working there. It's a shame I had to lose my job this way, I was a great employee for Adecco, but I am soooooo glad I no longer work for this company. When there are problems like this they sweep them under the rug to avoid bad publicity.
Un
  27th of Oct, 2011
ADDECO - GOODYEAR/PHOENIX, AZ

A few months ago I put in an application with Addeco to work for Amazon. This is the background statement for the company on the application:

5. Felony Statement.
Temporary Contractor warrants that s/he has not been convicted of a felony in
the last seven years, or, if s/he has, that s/he has provided Agency and Amazon with
complete information regarding the nature, severity, and date of each conviction.

It clearly states " WITHIN THE LAST SEVEN YEARS". I was never convicted for a felony, but I was arrested. The charges against me was dismissed. Plus, I sent them proof. They still claim that I "withheld information".
How do we begin to fight things like this?

Adecco Group Logo Adecco Group