Adecco / discriminates

Adecco does not try to help minorities get jobs. And if they do they try to get you jobs at the bottom of the barrol. Look for another job agency that sees beyond the color of your skin and sees the years of experience. I have sent many resumes for job openings and have never ever gotten a call back about any of there job listing. I have sent a resume with refrences and they dont even call your references. This company only hires non minorities. Have you gone to there office here in Boston or in Portland Maine, there all white and they look at you like you just walked into a clan meeting.

Comments

• So
      Apr 27, 2012

Actually, Adecco has won multiple awards for their Diversity Initiatives. They partner with Magic Johnson (Magic Workforce Solutions) and have executives that sit on the national Urban League board. Have you considered that you aren't a great candidate for any openings? Based on the lack of grammar skills in your post I'm assuming that your resume might not be the most exciting to recruiters who see hundreds per week. In a tight employment market it's very important to present yourself in a way that excites potential employers

• To
      Jun 04, 2012

I would have to agree with Eddie on this. Addecco Staffing here in Minnesota is very discriminating towards people of color. I have over 2 years experience of medical clean room assembly and soldering but yet they overlook my skills because my name on resume (Tou Vang) is too foreign and my slight accent does not fall into the interest of the interviewer over the phone. What made me even more angrier is that they hired an old white woman to fill the position I was applying for without any prior medical assembly experience. All this Affirmative Action policy they claim to go by is nothing but lies! It's more like, "If you're not white, you better take a hike!"

• Ha
      Jan 10, 2014

You are not alone.. It occurs in California also.

• Ha
      Jan 10, 2014

Trust me your not alone.. It happens in California as well. You have to go thru jumps and hurdles to get the, "best jobs".