ADDR Web Hosting` / Fraud and cheating!

I signed up with ADDR back in 2003. then I tried to transfer to Network solutions in 2004. I spoke with a person on the phone that helped me with the transfer, and told me she would cancel the account. I received an email last week (2007) telling me that my CC# has expired and I should go to their site and update the card #. I figured this was a mistake, so I did a live chat with someone at ADDR and they told me that I had a balance of $328. I freaked, they told me that I never canceled the account. I was supposed to cancel the account using the online form, and now they are telling me that the I did not do it correctly, and the account will remain open, and accrue a larger balance, unless I pay the balance.

this is wrong, and can not be legal. I will not pay, but am concerned if they really can effect my credit rating. They don't hace my social #.

STAY AWAY FORM ADDR. Also, to see more complaints on ADDR, go to....
I have placed a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau of California and am currenlty seeking legal action.

Pertinent Contacts:

Mike Rozenblum - CEO - mrozen@addr.com
Anthony Bourov - CTO - abourov@addr.com
Leon Elperin - Billing Manager - elperin@addr.com
Hope Dawson - Billing - billing@addr.com
Tim Stanley - Billing - billing@addr.com
Steve Barrington - Customer Relations - support@addr.com

Comments

• Zy
      18th of Mar, 2009

This same thing happened with me. Something like 5 years since I had touched that account. I freaked at the overall balance. I called and complained and they waived it just like that, which I thought was odd, so I asked for them to send me a confirmation e-mail that it had been canceled. I was told to reply to the original e-mail asking for the confirmation.

I replied to the e-mail sending to the addresses notify@addr.com and billing@addr.com - both got bounced back to me.
    This sounds like a total scam, trying to get credit card numbers from old accounts!