Adcb / Etihad 10% Discount / false advertising - 10%

1 United Arab Emirates Review updated:

I booked an airline ticket over the phone with Etihad, using my ADCB credit card. I was entitled to a 10% discount which i have not yet received. Both these BIG companies in the UAE have sneaked out of giving the discount - each one blames the other after having blamed me! They are pathetic, cheating, lying ###, who have eventually resorted to making up a story about the fine print which is in their terms and conditions - i asked for it to be made available but not forthcoming.
My ticket cost more than AED 9000, which when i paid for, asked the Etihad consultant to make sure that i get my discount. This is recorded, and easily accesible. NOBODY RETURNED MY CALL EVEN AFTER ME REPEATEDELY CALLING ADCB AND ETIHAD. THIS POOR SERVICE DOES NOT BELONG IN THE UAE - I WILL HEREAFTER CHANGE MY BANK AND CANACEL MY TICKET AND NEVER EVER, FLY WITH ETIHAD AGAIN. LIARS AND STEALING IN A MUSLIM COUNTRY!!! :(

Comments

• Ka
      22nd of May, 2011

no response for the carrier or the bank?

• Pa
      22nd of May, 2011

The bank contacted Etihad who initially said that i did not use the correct link to book - after i explained that i was booking a multi-city ticket and this could not be done on the link given, they then said that in their terms and conditions, this discount is only valid for return flights and not multi-city bookings!! Also they also suggested earlier that i should cancel my ticket and rebook then i will get the discount??
    This leaves a bad taste in my mouth as even therecorded call will be proof that i specifically asked for the discount before paying! The consultant assured me that i will get it at time of payment?
    I WILL NOT ACCEPT THEIR ATTEMPTS TO TRY AND GET OUT OF PAYING ME MY DISCOUNT!!
    THIS IS BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE AND FALSE ADVERTISING!

• Po
      8th of May, 2012

I recommend you to stop all the services with ADCB as they are not an ordinary man's bank and they dont know the values of ordinary people, better cancell all services with them.