Acushield Financial / FRAUD - I WANT MY MONEY

1 3291 N. Buffalo Drive, Suite 9Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-990-9694

I have been part of the debt reduction program for about 3 1/2 years. I begain when it was Debt-Co, and then the name changed to AcuShield Financial. A few months ago I chose to opt out of the debt reduction program because I was (and AM) TOTALLY DISSATISFIED with the lack of communication. Negotiations for settlements were not being negotiated, and when I pressed and pressed and pressed, I still got no action. I finally told them I was totally unhappy with them and I wanted the money in my "set-aside" account refunded to me. They told me it would be 45-60 days - - - it has now been far longer than the 60 days, and repeatedly I've written emails and called with NO RESPONSE. Only one person there will respond to me, and she apparently has no authority to get the check mailed and even after repeatedly going back to her, I've received no answer. If I had seen all the complaints on line that I am now seeing, I would NEVER have signed a contract with them! I will say that for awhile they did settle some of my debts, but when it got down to the last 20% of debt, they DID NOTHING. I wonder how much interest they are making off MY MONEY!! This is FRAUD, and I want my refund. Someone needs to do something about this company.

Comments

Da
  14th of Sep, 2008

I can help - I know who to talk to - please email me your name and or contact info. D. Matthews

Je
  6th of Nov, 2008

I had the same problems exactly. It's been over four months and they will not return my money. They are holding over $3000. I have filed with the BBB with no success.

Sr
  5th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I am right here with you. When I started in 2004 I searched for negative info on them...at that point there was nothing but I realized now that they were under a different name then.

They are not refunding anything at this point and have ceased operations because of a legal court order in CA as of Dec 23, 2008. Seek out your attorney general, private attorney, and leave complaints with the BBB and FTC in the meantime. We need a class action lawsuit here :)

17th of Feb, 2009

They never delivered their promises and took over 12k from me in "fees". Now I can't get ahold of them. Unbelievable! I cannot believe the deception! They need to go to jail for preying on people at their weakest moments. I bet they're somewhere out there starting up a new scam under a different name..
Annie

17th of Feb, 2009

Oh and my contact info is annemarie310@yahoo.com

Nu
  22nd of Feb, 2009

I'm in the same boat. I cancelled my account in October 2008 with Acushield and have been told that I would receive my "set-aside" funds within 60 days. Then the 60 days go by and I send a letter via email (SEND IT CERTIFIED MAIL should have been my first step) requesting my funds and I get a call from a woman who was hired on to help /name removed/ smooth things over and set up "payments" back to me. Well, they dropped the ball on that and I have yet to receive a dime of my $3, 800. I bet /name removed/ is driving around in a nice vehicle and has a great home. I want my money back and there's gotta' be some one held liable to collect assets from. For a country full of lawyers, I am surprised that no one has the stones to go after this company with a handful of former Acushield "clients" that have been taken advantage of and been stolen from. Technically, this company has embezzled money from the clients who are could be deemed the employers of this company. We went to them and employed them to take care of our money and settle our debts. Embezzlement is a hefty crime last I checked and judging from the other complaints on this board, I believe there is nearly $30, 000 that has not been returned to so-called "clients". I think that's worth up to 10 years imprisonment and fines up to 3 times the amount owed. There's got to be someone who is willing to go after /name removed/ and Acushield. I feel like my money was tied up in stocks and with the market crash he was left with nothing. If indeed my MONEY was in a "SET-ASIDE" fund, it could easily be given back. It's one helluva' lie that this company is telling.

embezzler
n. a person who commits the crime of embezzlement by fraudulently taking funds or property of an employer.
-definition retrieved from http://dictionary.law.com on February 22, 2009.

Contact Info: dark@spl.at
-Benjamin

Je
  3rd of Mar, 2009

I am another victim. Can someone help me? 1800.00 in set aside and 500.00 to clean up my credit...

Ow
  4th of Mar, 2009

I am also due money from Acushield. I was in the program for several years and they actually cleared all my debt as of last summer, but I was due a balance of $1500 and have been told since Sept that the "check was in the mail". I now cannot get in touch with anyone as it seems everyone else on here is in the same situation. I will go to the FTC and the BBB as well, but I don't think that's going to help. If anyone finds anything out, please post it here so we can all benefit.

9th of May, 2009

I am a victim of Debtco. It took my money for the “settlement”. After the check was cleared by the creditor, I still get a judgment for the money I had paid through Debtco. Detco promised to take care of it but they just ran away and never heard from them. Need help/suggestion. My e-mail is: wqc88@yahoo.com.

Me
  7th of Jun, 2009

I too am a victim. I started with the company when it was Debt-Co. They paid off all of my credit cards except for one. They have $4, 800 in my set-aside account. If anyone has any information as to what I can do, please email me @ melluvspandas@yahoo.com.

Co
  5th of Aug, 2009

Same with me I am trying to get out of debt and no one has contacted me yet. I have been paying in to them since 2004, so whats the problem? If anyone gets any contact info with them please let me know, please!

Sean

4n
  14th of Mar, 2010

Please read http://4nicolas.homestead.com/index.html

Ku
  20th of Jan, 2011

Anybody that has had any luck with getting "set aside" money back from Debtco/AcuShield, please email me at kimbalaya@sbcglobal.net
They have $5k set aside and I have not been able to pin them down. Interested in class action law suit but can't find anything on that either.
I became seriously ill a few years ago with a progressive neuromuscular disease and had to quit working after 30 years. I am now on disability for 3 yrs and will never be able to go back to the workforce, as I get worse by the month. Medical bills are HUGE, I have settled my debts myself however, I could sure use MY money to help with medical or put into savings for co-pays, extra medical expenses.

God Bless everyone who has had the same/similar experience with them, and I pray we all get those guys who took our hard-earned money when we really all needed the help and wanted to do the right thing for our situation.

Blessings, Kim