Active Periodical / Terrible experience

United States Review updated:
I just received another call from Active Periodical, from [protected] and [protected]. It was "My personal billing agent" in regards to a supposed pair of accounts I have with them. I only ever agreed to sign up for one account, and the advertiser claimed it was a program by Mastercard to assist people with bad or no credit in building their credit. I found out about a month and a half ago that Active Periodical, misusing information I gave them about a magazine change and address change, signed me up for an additional account.

I have since stopped all payments to this company and reported them to the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center (http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx)

I encourage everyone who has had similar problems with the company to write in, and register your complaints. I will be writing the Attorney General as soon as I am done with this posting, and I encourage you all to, as well. I will continue to work on this problem until I have been freed of the criminal acts of this company.

For anyone who thinks that I am taking this too far, I only make around 16, 000 a year after taxes. My bill for magazines that I was not receiving went from 52 dollars to 104 dollars without any notification, and under a false premise. I am willing to take this all the way to the steps of the Supreme Court if need be, and I ask anyone else who has suffered rude, incessant calls, double billing, financial hardship, and credit card debt due to this company's practices to be ready to do the same thing.
Va

Comments

Kk
  8th of Jul, 2009
Thank you for this posting, we are being harrased by this company as well. We thought our subscriptions were cancelled long ago. When the magazines and bills kept coming, we even paid for an additional year but they just don't understand when you tell them that you no longer want to recieve the magazines. They tricked us out of our credit card number by saying they were "updating their files", and yes, we were gullible enough to believe that until we recieved a new charge. They even went as far as to play a supposed "taping" of some man saying that he was my husband and that he agreed to the charges. It was so false and we were so angry we contacted our local police and FBI, because it seems wrong that they can falsify claims and then falsify a recording. The FBI here basically told us there's nothing we can do. We continue to receive calls from a private number, and being as we are in Hawaii, these calls usually come in around 2 am to 4 am our time, which is alarming and annoying to say the least. They call everyday about this time, and if we talk, they fast talk and harrass us saying that they are sending us to collection, they don't listen, and if we just hang up, they will call us 5-7 times in a row.

We will be taking your advice given above, do you have additional advice on how to stop this craziness? I don't think my blood pressure can handle much more harrassment from them.