Across USA Moving and Storage Co. / Overcharge for packing materials and cubic feet

1 Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-822-7677

Forced to sign documents before they were filled out. They already had $2983.65 of our money before loading and upon unloading we were forced to pay for cubic feet and packing materials which did not ever exsist or they would drive off with our goods. We were overcharged $2679.11. We were told to file a claim with Anthem Claim Management LLC and we read on line the founder and president has been arrested by the FBI for criminal acts and we have not been able to get in touch with them to file a claim. The moving company will not co-operate with us. They tell us to call the claim company and we don't know how we can deal with a company that is fraud. This moving company and this claim company are scams.

Comments

• Ne
      2nd of Nov, 2008

I had the same problem with them. I was so infuriated I started a website. Tell me your story and I will post it.

www.acrossusasucks.blogspot.com

• Pc
      9th of Nov, 2008

I will be writing more details over the next few days but I must immediately tell you that Across USA Moving and Storage, based out of Dallas, is absolutely THE WORST moving company in the USA. This moving experience was nothing that Satan himself should have to endure. Yossi, one of the two people that came to deliver my furniture, was rude, disrespectful, only wanted his money, very rough on my delicate personal belongings and also smelled very bad. He damaged several areas in my new home, including scratching my hardwood floors and then refused to admit or report the damage, stating that he did not see himself do the damage, therefore, it must have already been there. I had several friends watching the entire moving experience, which seemed to make Yossi very nervious, but not nearly as nervious as when we started videotaping the moving activities. Yossi repeatedly told us to turn the camera off, obviouosly an admission that he had something to hide. Maybe he did not want his bad attitude or rough treatment of my personal property captured on videotape or quite possibly, he was in the country illegally. Little did Yossi know but there was a second camera recording these actions and I will be posting those videos online as proof of this very bad experience. The only thing that Across USA Moving needs to be moving is themselves...right out of the USA and back into the bottomless pit that they be forced to spend their eternity in...just like the all the time they made me spend waiting for my belogings to arrive while they waited for my check to clear. As I said earlier, this is only the first of what will be a long series of posts and stories dedicated to the worthless crooks and scam artists doing business under the name of Across USA Moving and Storage. Let it be know that I will not rest until Across USA Moving and Storage is long out of business, Yossi (the inconsiderate skunk in charge of delivering my belongings) is standing in the unemployment line, and Donna (the Across USA Moving and Storage sales person who convinced me that her company was the best) is working the streets of Oak Cliff. More to come...and Yossi...there will be "Film at 11:00."

• Ne
      26th of Jan, 2009

I withdraw my complaint against Across USA Moving & Storage.

10th of Feb, 2009

I remove my complaint against Across USA Moving and Storage.

J. Bennett

• Te
      26th of Jun, 2011

I never thought I would write a review for a moving company, but Across U.S.A. Moving really outdid themselves. My roommate and I were moving from an elevator building to a 2nd floor walk-up. I called Across U.S.A. Moving when I was price shopping and they immediately came in lower priced then most of the other people I spoke with. They assured me this would be quick and easy. The guys came on time as scheduled and wrapped all of my furniture in moving pads to assure no damage. They quickly moved everything to the new walk up in no time. The price and the service made moving painless. I highly recommend Thank you, John

• Ku
      28th of Jun, 2011

I would like to thank your team on my resent move. They did a wonderful job. Kathy was great to work with and has a great personality and was fun chatting with her. Mr. Luna and his helpers were also great to work with, best packers I have ever seen and were very professional. John, also did a great job unloading my belonging. Thanks again. JS

• Ju
      29th of Jun, 2011
    Best Best Advice +10 Votes

I just got your message from yesterday...I was out of town this weekend and on my flights back all day yesterday. I'm so sorry I didn't get back to you. The guys got here around 8:30 and are working so hard! They have been so careful with my stuff and have wrapped everything in blankets! Please let their supervisor know that they are excellent at their job. Thank you for all the time you have spent with me.

6th of Jul, 2011

I have moved 4 times before, and never had such a great experience .The crew showed up a few minutes early and completed the move in half the time they estimated. My wife and I were moving our property into storage on a holiday and the storage facility was closed, even though the person over the phone said that the storage is open. We felt hopeless. Thanks to the Dispatch at Across USA Moving and Storage that went above and beyond and found a different storage facility that was open a few blocks away. He saved the day for my wife and me. I definitely will use them again when we will move back to our house and recommend on them to any family moving.

19th of Jul, 2011

I was extremely satisfied with my move using Across U.S.A. The crew was on time, worked quickly and was extremely helpful. My relocation consultant was on top of things and made sure that everything was in order. She was also very patient with whatever changes there may have been. I will definitely think about using Across U.S.A. Moving again in the future if the need arises... Sincerely, Sara

• Ms
      20th of Jul, 2011

Our moving experience with the 4 guys today was way above my expectations. I couldn't be hapier with the quality of work and the professionalism they showed. Even though it was estimated to be 5 hours and it ende up being a 9 hour day, these men didn't complain otlr slow down once. They never even took a lunch or dinner break or any break for that matter. This was an excellent moving experience. Thank you so very much for all of your help. You have been so kind and helpful and pleasant. Your wonderful attitude and professional way of doing business played a big role in my deciding to use Across USA as the company for my upcoming interstate move. I'd also like to tell you how very much I appreciated Eric Stewart's professionalism when he visited me earlier today to survey my belongings and provide me with a move quote. Not only was Eric very thorough, answering all of my questions, but he was also very nice. I've been talking with a number of moving companies in the past few weeks, and no one else has supplied the very courteous and professional service that you and Eric have provided. Plus, Across USA's move quote was reasonable and I appreciate the fact that this quote is locked in to be no higher than what Eric proposed. If the movers are as delightful as you and Eric, then maybe I won't have to do anything more than what you suggested when you said, "Amie, on your move day, just open the door, sit down, and let the movers do the rest." :) Thank you, again.

• St
      15th of Dec, 2011

After suffering previous nightmare moves, Across USA Moving were fantastic. The guys were punctual, worked flat out the entire time and were very respectful of our possessions and new house. The rate was clear before the job started, was very fare and they completed the job in good time. Really brilliant.

• Co
      16th of Dec, 2011

We hired Across USA to move from a house to a condo in early May. We went with an hourly rate for 3 guys and a truck. Tonyand his team were friendly and professional. They arrived on time and went right to work. Everything was wrapped and loaded quickly and efficiently. Unloading went just as smoothly. I would definitely recommend them to friends and would use them again. Good value and service.

• El
      17th of Dec, 2011

Moved on April 1st in the morning and Tony and his partner showed up perfectly on time. They were very polite, professional and friendly and made my move a lot less stressful. Since I am a young woman on my own, who can barely lift a box, I felt I was in very good hands! They were very careful and thorough with each piece, taking the time to wrap everything that could possibly need it. I would definitely use this company again should I move.

• Ti
      19th of Dec, 2011

I contacted lots of moving companies before I decided to use Across USA because they came to my house to give me a flat quote which is within my affordable range. I am glad I made a right decision. Tony and David were great. They were punctual, polite and very careful with our furniture. They stretch warped all items and blanket covered items on truck when transported. The storage we rented was 10x20 and we were not sure whether it would be big enough after the first trip. Tony and David were very professional and knew exactly what they were doing. They packed all our belongings to the storage which we thought impossible. They knew how to use the space and made very good judgement. We were impressed by their service. If I were you, I will choose Across USA for moving.

19th of Dec, 2011

I just moved from TX to NY with Across USA Moving and Storage. The whole process was great! I was moving in order to live with my fiance and he said he would set my move with his previous moving company, because he wanted everything to run smooth and easy for me since he couldn’t be there during the pickup in TX. He called to Across USA Moving and reserves the moving date. I moved before like 4 times in my life, and I never had such a great experience with a moving company. The movers worked very hard and the dispatch kept me posted during my delivery. I will recommend Across USA Moving to everyone.

• Vi
      21st of Dec, 2011

Across USA did a great job. Conscientious and courteous personnel. Nothing broken. They took care of all our stuff and humoured our special requests without hesitation. Final cost was on quote.

• Br
      21st of Dec, 2011

Movers showed up early and Jerry checked in at the start of the move to make sure everything was going well. It was. They packed everything in record time and were ready to go in an hour. We stopped to drop of a bed frame & mattress and set off for my condo. Arrival there and unloading was very swift and efficient and they were more than happy to accommodate my request to store some stuff in my locker and even helped relocate some stuff from my condo to the basement. AWESOME service and it came in under the estimate. Can't way enough good things about these guys and I will certainly use and recommend them to all.

• Da
      23rd of Dec, 2011

I was very satisfied with the extremely friendly and high level of service by the moversOverall - the movers were incredible and I would highly recommend them to anyone who wants great service and tremendous care to your valuables. Couldn't have been better!

• Li
      27th of Dec, 2011

Great service, especially considering it was during a snow storm. They took great care of all of our belongings, everything made it to the new place and no lost or damaged items. The guys were very friendly and helpful and got the job done quickly. Thanks for making this move easy Manny, Travis and David !! I would definitely recommend Across USA Moving to anyone looking for a great moving company offering competitive rates.

28th of Dec, 2011

Across USA Moving and Storage were great! David and Manny arrived on time and ready to go. They were so well organized. They had all our boxes and furniture packed up in their van in about an hour or so. When we met them at the new house, they put all the boxes in the rooms they were marked, and the furniture where it belonged. I especially loved this since I hate carrying heavy boxes up the stairs Overall, this was a fantastic moving experience. They delivered on the services I hired them for, and then some. Plus, there were no suprise costs, the amount I was quoted was what I paid. Will definately use them for my next move, and have recommended them to all my friends.