Acri Berry / misrepresentation of deadlines

United States, Pennsylvania Review updated:
Advanced Wellness
I agreed to the 30 day free trial for $4.99, but then noticed the small print in the disclosure. 14 days or would get charged $78.81. I marked it on my calander and even called in 4 days earlier only to find out they charged my credit card $78.81. When I talked to the man, he stated that it started on the day ordered not when I received it. So technically my 14 days started over the 4 days it took to reach me. When I demanded to speak to his manager, he told me he was in a meeting on the 10th floor while he was on the 1st. Then I proceed to yell and he hung up on me. Since then, no one is answering the phone except an automated message and when you choose "1" to cancel, it is dead air and no human. The phone disconnects you. This is a fraud and more people need to be aware that they are going to take your money before you can decide it if is even working. Someone should stop them because this is misrepresentation as well as raping of those who are trying to get on the right path by losing weight. If I had not heard about this via Oprah, I never would have tried it.

N  16th of Feb, 2009 by
Call your CC company and tell them what happened. They will have you submit in writing the dispute but they will be able to assist you in getting a full credit. I deal with this crap all the time and always get my money back, See Magic Jack. This company is trying to ripe me off right now, but I'm not going to let that happen!
A  16th of Feb, 2009 by
Here is some information from ConsumerComplaints I just received... Ive copied in some key words from the FTC.

DRI BROMOLITE - FIT FACTORY which will show up on your credit card bill as (Life Style and Fitness) and Central Coast Nutraceuticals (ACIAPURE) PH: 888.692.8352 ----- 3 MORE COMPANIES THAT EVERYONE NEEDS TO REPORT TO THE FTC.

FTC Busts 'Free' Sample Scams
Weight-loss supplement makers settle deceptive marketing claims

February 11, 2009
Makers of dietary supplements that lured consumers on the Internet with allegedly deceptive weight-loss claims and bogus "free" sample offers, and then debited their bank accounts or charged their credit cards for continuing shipments without their consent, have agreed to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that they violated federal law.

• Debiting or charging accounts of consumers who cancelled or tried to cancel, or those who were not adequately informed of the negative option features or terms and conditions, and therefore did not provide express informed consent for the debits or charges.

They also were charged with violating the Electronic Fund Transfer Act and Regulation E by debiting consumers' accounts on a recurring basis without obtaining the required written authorization.

read full article here : http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2009/02/ftc_hoodia.html
N  22nd of Jul, 2009 by
"Dri Bromolite" is not a product that is produced or sold by central coast nutraceuticals. I advise that you contact your bank to get the correct company information.