[Resolved] Acre Replacement Windows / They steal your money!

1 668 Bethlehem Pike, Montgomeryville, PA 18936Montgomeryville, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (610) 427-5149

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY AND YOU WILL NEVER HEAR FROM THEM AGAIN !!!
This is an e-mail sent to the supposed manager/ owner- MATT MANFRED
It spells it out how horrible they have been. SERIOUSLY- DO NOT EVEN CALL THEM!

To Matt Manfred,

I guess you must think I am a total ### because I have believed you each and every time you have told a lie- like every time I was told I'd get a phone call back, or when you told me that your lawyer was drafting the "release of contract" paperwork so that we can wash our hands of you and your company and that it would be e-mailed to me within a few days ( 3 weeks ago), or when I spoke with you last week- if you recall, you must have recognized my phone number from me having to call there so often that you answered personally "Hi Megan"- and you told me that you were not going to wait for your lawyer any longer and that a check was issued that day ( 6/7/13). And now a week has passed without a check.
I must say neither myself or my husband are shocked that a check never came. It can't be because you don't have our correct address because your company easily found our house when they came out 3 different times. Let me refresh your memory:
The first time was to sell us a door that doesn't exist and to collect our 1/3 of the total- ~ $1300. (You are really good at cashing checks so you have that going for you.)

The second time was the project manager who told us very casually that the door we signed a contract for doesn't exist.

The third time was to sign a new contract for another door that doesn't exist.

If you remember, on one of the few times I was able to reach you, you apologized and admitted that your company sold us a door that doesn't exist, twice. You then told me that your company does not run this way. Well, it absolutely does.

I am seven months pregnant- you think I need this stress right now? I will not give up. You cannot seriously expect to steal $1300 from us and we will just let it go. Maybe that's not a lot of money to you, but I have a door that needs to be replaced. You are now responsible for that fact that I have an unsafe door in my house for my toddler.
Again- I'm not just going to let you keep the money. Being very pregnant, I have lots of things I need to get done, but I will gladly take the time to get our lawyer involved, contacting the Better Business Bureau about you, and, if necessary, small claims court. I will also resort to contacting our local news stations to expose your ways of handling people and stealing their money. One thing I can check off the list is contacting Scott Franzke to let him know exactly what kind of company he is endorsing- I don't think he had any idea what he is representing,

Just send the check- apparently every time I try to call, you are in a meeting, or with other customers. If you are so busy, do you really need our check?

I have records of every time I've called your company, my first e-mail, and your voicemail apologizing to me, and now this spells out my frustration pretty clearly. Maybe I'm just one in a long line of customers that you are dealing with in this way. I wouldn't be surprised from the website I've read,

I think you would have to agree that my husband and I have been more than patient with you. Please be assured that I will not give up. While I have not ever personally had to deal with such an awful company before, I have friends and colleagues who have, so I have plenty of resources and recommendations to take the necessary steps involved to get our money back.
Get it resolved quickly before I have to proceed with my above plan.

• Resolution statement

I worked with Matt Manfred and received my refund in full several days after I filed this complaint. The issue has been resolved.

Me
Jun 16, 2013

Comments

• Re
      13th of Sep, 2013

I know all too well the games of Matt Manfred. If you would like Andersen windows installed at a "real" price. Contact me today!!!

18th of Sep, 2013

They have my deposit...no work performed ...still not hearing from them...THIEVES!!

• Me
      23rd of Sep, 2013

This is Megan Schmidt. Acre Window has refunded our money, our problem has been resolved.

24th of Sep, 2013

good for you Megan...I guess I'm not gonna get mine until I actually file a law suit!

• Re
      14th of Oct, 2013

The "RealAndersenInstaller" is the town drunk, so if you want windows from a DUI wreck, sign up!!

29th of Jan, 2014

ACRE windows have agreed to resolve our issues and REFUND my deposit. I am retracting my statement referring to them as thieves.

• Fa
      13th of Feb, 2015

And the RealAndersenInstallerisaFRAUD is none other than the "Sales" Manager of ACRE, Mr. Frank Sannelli!! Tell me good sir, why do you pretend to be part of Andersen windows when you are 100% not? I know you tell people you never claim to be part of Andersen and it is true you don't really but aren't the colors of your business the same black and orange of Andersen? And when you drive by your store on Route 309 the sign on the road does not say ACRE, does it? It says Andersen Design Center. But guess what my man, you are NOT an Andersen design center!! Go to Andersen's website and click find design center and NOWHERE will you see your business. Call Andersen and ask if you are a design center and they will say NO. So to be fair while you might tell people you are not Andersen windows to their face I think you tend to create a little brand confusion with your logo, sign and the fact that all your reps and installers have Andersen shirts. So let's be fair you fat schlub and admit that you guys really tip toe on the line of right and wrong.

Oh and any [censored] can become an Andersen Certified Installer. The class is 3 days at the plant in Minnesota and costs $675 bucks. So stop pretending.