Acre Replacement WindowsMisrepresentation of relationship with Andersen Windows

Message that I sent the owners sums up my experience:
Hello,

Matt Mansford left me a message to discuss the order that my husband and I put in last night (and canceled today); however, I was disconnected when I tried to call him back. I was also disconnected twice when I called today for Acre’s fax number so I am going to try and explain my issue via email as that was the only number that I have for ACRE. I received this email address from the Better Business Bureau website.
I was contacted by your sales team and made an appointment for someone to come in and give us a free estimate on windows. The sales rep was very nice and personable and we trusted him. However, we were not ready to sign a contract as we are in the very beginning stages of looking into window replacement amid other projects that we have to complete in the home that we just purchased. We made that clear to the sales rep (Brian). Brian also made it clear that we could not be able to take advantage of your 0% interest for 5 year financing plan unless we signed the papers that night. That made me really nervous but I felt pressured to make a decision as we needed to finance this project. Brian also said that your company was a “premier installation” company of Andersen and represented the company as being a premier company of Andersen windows. Andersen was listed on his shirt and when they called to set up the appointment they said they were with Andersen Windows which is complete misrepresentation. He also said that if we didn’t sign the contract that night, the quote wouldn’t be good and we would lose all the “preferred customer” discounts (which equated to about $9K since our original quote was $38K to replace 19 windows = insanity). The quote was A LOT of money but he said that your company had a low price guarantee and that made me feel better but he did not put that in writing in our packet.
Anyways, we signed the contract as he had been there for 4 hours and it was near 11PM and I was worn out completely and didn’t feel that he was leaving anyways until we did. I really did not have too much time to crunch numbers or process all the information as he was still in our house and I was overwhelmed. I didn’t sleep much as I was extremely uneasy about the price tag (quoted $18, 956 for 2 bay windows and 3 replacement windows or quoted $28K for 19 replacement windows if we didn’t do the bay windows, we then decided to do the house in 2 parts). It became clear to me overnight that a company that did not let you digest and process the prices (or give a complete breakdown) and give you time to think it over as it is a big investment was not worth a financing deal to me- I began to realize the entire deal was shady. I should have realized that when he told me not to tell my neighbors the price that we paid for the windows. (they would have gotten a good laugh as the joke was clearly on us)
I called Andersen Windows directly in the AM and asked them to verify that the company was a premier installer. I learned that your company is not even Andersen certified (I was told by Brian that the installers went there every year for courses) and when I told the customer service the quote that I received- they said that it was absolutely not even in the ballpark of what I should be paying. Brian told me the bay windows were $6K each. If I subtract the $12K (for two) from the $19K quote and divide that by 3 windows- it is over $2K a replacement window. I called a few other companies that installs Andersen windows and they confirmed that the quote was very high. I was looking into the 400 series windows. The highest quote I received for a 400 series replacement was $900. (And these quotes were not from a Home Depot or fly by the night contractor.) That is more than half the price that I was quoted by ACRE. The Andersen rep told me the cost of the actual window was around $500-600 and installation is normally around $60-100. I told them that your company is representing themselves as a premier Andersen installation company and using ACRE interchangeably with Andersen when speaking of your company and it made me feel very misled. They recommended a few other certified Andersen companies in PA and NJ to me that I should feel more comfortable using. The rep was very concerned when I told him about my experience as I was genuinely confused when he was explaining to me that ACRE is not in their system of certified installers nor do they have any affiliation with you.

Bottom line, I am very disappointed that 4 hours of my time was wasted last night, my credit card was charged and a credit inquiry was probably made in my name. I faxed and overnighted a cancellation notice and I am assuming that my deposit will be promptly credited to my account.
Please confirm when you will be processing my credit for our down payment as per the contract as I am entitled to that back in full.

Comments

• Un
      Aug 17, 2012

A false company representing a Valid company(Anderson). BAD BAD BAD!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! POOR POOR POOR - BUYER BEWARE

Their pitch is all ANDERSON then they give you HARVEY WINDOWS!! for the price of Andersons!!!

• Br
      Sep 06, 2013

I agree Acre Windows are a BAD BAD BAD Company. I have been fighting with this company since May 4, 2013. I have call several time and spoke to Kathy and Valerie and Matt and Brian about my problems that I have paid hard earn cash for. In July I call Action News and spoke to someone there to help me solve this problem. The company has been giving them the run around also. So I'm just going to take them to court I have all the information document on how many time I call them and who I spoke to and the time I call. I'm tired of calling and the people you speak to are not professional. There need to go to class and learn how to speak to customers. I thought that the customers were always right. I would not recommend them to anybody ever. I hope people get this review before getting anything from them.

Sep 18, 2013

OMG...just wish I had seen all this before I gave them my deposit...now I'm fighting to get my deposit back...THIEVES!

• Ac
      Nov 22, 2013

We regret that this customer felt that they we misled. We have reached out to the customer to address their concerns. We try very diligently to insure that each consumer knows exactly what they are contracting for. We provide a physical sample of the window for inspection and complete a manufacturers warranty disclosure form clearly indicating the manufacturer of the products. Unfortunately, this consumer assumed that the vinyl windows we installed were manufactured by Andersen. However, since Andersen does not make a vinyl window, we use Harvey Industries products for clients who want vinyl windows. The Harvey product is of the highest quality and comes with a 20 year warranty. It is our hope that this client enjoys the benefits of the product for a long time and we regret any confusion that occurred.

• Ac
      Nov 22, 2013

The customers deposit was refunded in full immediately upon receipt of their cancellation notice

Jan 29, 2014

ACRE windows have agreed to resolve our issues and REFUND my deposit. I am retracting my statement referring to them as thieves.

• ACRE windows have agreed to REFUND the deposit. The case is resolved!

• Ok
      Jun 10, 2014

We paid them 4400, 00 for two windows on 2/26/14. Today is 6/10/14, we have two windows that are smaller in size (one is 8 inches smaller), we didnt allowed to install them. Now we are trying to get our money back. Very BAD company, very unprofessional . Very disrespectful to customers. I wish I would read about them before I gave our money to them..

Jul 24, 2014

ACRE windows did NOT RESOLVE OUR DISPUTE ...dishonest practices.!!!
    DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

• Ne
      Sep 18, 2014

As an industry professional I cannot help but read the poor excuses offered by people for making a decision to do business and then blame the company for it. There isn't any law that says we as consumers have to do business with anyone. However there are laws that state we have the right to change our minds. I often ask people if you had a business and wanted offer incentives to do business sooner than later ...do think that would increase business? Who doesn't like a deal? Ask those same people would they like the best deal available...what do you think they would say?
    Remember, if it's Pella, Andersen or any other window company none of them sell or install directly to the public and never will. You will always rely on somebody to do the job right. If you do your diligence research on any company you will find dirt as presented by the one presenting the issues. Usually it's the person who has buyers remorse no matter company of choice. You can buy cheap and expect cheap or you buy wisely and expect more and you'll get what you pay for. This has always been the truth about anything. So the next time you get three bids think of buying not blaming the company for your having made a decision to move forward or not to. These are all good people with nothing more than the good intent of honestly making a living to feed their families and be around to help you when you need them to. Ask yourself, in the case of Acre Replacement Windows Andersen, I Investigated and they are completely certified by Andersen. So in all fairness not all consumers deserve the best because they never will treat others the same way they want to be. In conclusion, the next time you buy don't cry and then lie just say honestly say why you wont comply with what you contracted without slander. No matter who buy from. Buyers beware you can get this kind of work done for any price with any product just remember ... You will get what you deserve when you get what you pay for!!! Good Luck

• Lb
      Jan 05, 2019

@NE - Honest Abe Nothing HONEST about this company whatsoever.

• Ke
      Oct 13, 2015

Here is our story. In May 2015 we signed and purchased 23 windows for a home remolding job. The property is on a corner lot and so we wanted noise reduction and went with triple pane windows. Extremely expensive windows. The day of installation 3 windows were smashed. One was cracked and still had to be installed because they ripped out the old window before the the truck with the windows arrived. To this day now October 13th, 2015 it has not been replaced!!! Also the initial guy measured 4 windows wrong and they had to come back. The initial scheduled 2nd appointment no one showed up or called to say they weren't coming. Very poor communication on their part and they seemed to not really care I had to reschedule or that they did not show up. They did eventually reschedule and of course made the wrong size window to fit the cracked one and hence we still do not have the replacement. I later noticed that on two of the windows I have are double glaze not triple glaze. Whenever I try to call the office or leave a message no one gets back with me. I have since discovered they utilize a finance company (Green Sky) so that they receive all of their money up front in what I would consider a bit of deception. I wanted to pay 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 cash and was told I had to use their finance company. Now I know why. They have a contract that is on the back of the form you sign stating the finance company can only withhold 500. So you as the customer lose your right to withhold funds even if the job was done wrong. My wife and I are not sure what we are going to do about this but I am writing to tell others to be very careful with this company. The windows are very expensive and personally we did not get what we paid for. The worst part is the extremely poor customer service, not returning calls, and their plain arrogance of we will fix it because we are not like other companies as a verbal statement is a lie. We had our whole house remolded a complete gut job. The windows were the first thing to go in and everything else is done now except the windows. We had new floors put in, a new kitchen and two new bathrooms, sheet-rocking of the entire house along with complete rewire and insulation as well as new baseboard heat. It is all done yet the window guys in particular Matt will not return calls or let me know what is going on except to say you will have your window in before you make your first payment. We are paying this entire bill due November 5th because if we don't you get slapped with unreal interest charges. I will file a similar complaint on every complaint board or website I can find as well as with the BBB. It could have all been avoided if they communicated with me properly and did not seem underhanded. Personally I would not recommend using this company period. It is a bad company hiding behind Anderson's good name and Green Sky finance. DO not use them!!! You will regret your decision if you do.

• Lb
      Jan 05, 2019

Nothing HONEST about this company.