Acquaguard RO water purifier / Poor performance, poor services by thier Lucknow local centre
I purchased Eureka Forbes Aquacare RO Water Purifier from M/s Azimally’s Homeaids, Hazratganj, Lucknow on 23.8.2007 vide receipt No. 162 of 23.8.2008. The unit was installed by your technician at my residence D-127 Rajajipuram, Lucknow. Since its installation the unit has not been giving satisfactory service. The problems experienced are:
• Frequent failure of Purifier.
• Very low recovery of purified water.
• Poor services by local centre.
2 I recorded my complaint in stall set up by your company in ‘D’ sector of Rajajipuram in Oct. ’07 regarding unsatisfactory performance of the Purifier. This was followed by another complaint at a Stall in Lucknow Mahotsav in Dec. ’07. There was, however, no response to both my complaints.
3. On my complaint No. LL-135 dated 22.12 2007, the service engineer visited my residence on 27.12.2008 but could not rectify the unit.
4. On 28.12.2007, I again complained vide complaint No. LA 001, the engineer visited my residence on 3.1.2008 but could not rectify. Your engineer again visited on 4.1.2008 but the flow of purified water was very low. He informed that he will replace the pump on 5.1.2008. However no body turned up till 8.1 2008.
5. On contacting the service centre (Mr.Saurabh) on 9.1 2008, I was informed that Mr. Joshi, Sr. Engineer would visit but no body visited and attended the unit till 14.1.2008.
6. The unit gets defective very frequently and the supply of purified water reduces drastically even after flushing the membrane regularly as recommended in the brochure.
7. On my repeated requests on phone on 14th, 15th and 16th Jan’ 08, I was informed that Mr. Joshi would visit on 16.1.2008. Mr. Joshi visited with an engineer and struggled for more than 2 hours to rectify by cleaning etc but ultimately replaced the pump. With the new pump, the rate of pure water supply was 15 mts. for a liter as against 8 liters per hour. The supply of purified water supply reduced to 2 l/hr. within a short span of 4-5 days.
8. I again complained vide complaint No. B-9-14 on 9.2.2008 regarding unsatisfactory performance. No body cared to attend till 14th of Feb’ 08. On 14th, the engineer attended and the flow of water after attention by your engineer was only 3 l/hr. against 8 l/hr. The engineer wanted me to write that the defect was rectified. Since the supply of purified water was not up to the mark, therefore, I recorded “ very unsatisfactory” on the document presented by the engineer.
9. I am told that the RO system provided at my residence is not suitable for our locality i.e Rajajipuram because of poor quality of water supply. If that is so, firstly the unit should have not been sold to me but if sold at least your engineer who installed the unit should have not installed. I may mention that I have installed water pump of half HP at my house and there has been no problem of water flow. However, the purified water quantity is only 25% to 50 % of the designed capacity but the Reject water flow is very high, which, reduces to a few drops after few days.
10. In view of very poor response and services provided by your service centre and poor performance of the RO system, I would request to remove RO system from my residence and replace it with proper functioning Purifier and install the same after thorough checking. If, however, RO system is NOT SUITABLE for Rajajipuram area because of poor quality of water supply, normal water purifier may be provided at my residence refunding the cost difference.
Copy to: M/s EUREKA FORBES, B-11 Nirala Nagar, Lucknow