Acme Data Solutions Ltd / Newspaper advertisement frauds

1 India Review updated:

Recently, there was a newspaper ad in the classifieds for your own home business. It claimed to type in your house address to a particular number. It said that there would be a job based at home in your personal computer. As i was interested, I applied for it. Soon i got an envelope with necessary details saying that it had come from acme data solutions ltd, offering me a job for a registration fee of Rs.500/- which i would pay when i got my first project work in a CD through VPP. As said, i got my CD & paid the amount.
When i checked the cd however, i was in for a rude shock. THe CD could not be read by my computer. i imagined something was wrong with my computer until i checked the properties of cd. THe cd's used space had 0 bytes. i.e it had no files in it at all. I believe from hindsight, that fraudsters used the name of acmedata solutions as a cover. I may never get my Rs.500/- back. But i hope that anyone reading this complaint will think twice before paying cash for such things. THis just shows that nowadays not even newspaper ads can be trusted. I sent an email to the email address written in the covering letter. TIll date, I have had no reply. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding this? If so, kindly email me at crystal_flame2001@yahoo.co.in. I would be glad to hear some solutions or at least someone else who has been defrauded of their money in similar methods.

As

Comments

• As
      13th of Nov, 2007

I really forgot to add this - In the newspaper ad, there was no mention of acme data solutions at all. IT was only in the covering letter of the envelope that was sent to me that the name of the company was there.

I think this shows that legit companies would probably show their name in the classifieds instead of giving anonymous ads. I therefore think that they have misused that name & since this is my first complaint, if someone thinks that i am trying to malign the name of the company I apologize. I sincerely do not wish to malign the name of the company which apparently gives jobs to a lot of people ( as per what i have read about the company online) & I just wish to state that the ad came in Deccan Herald Classified ads. Therefore, people watch out about anonymous ads in reputed papers. Thats no guarantee that the ad is genuine.

Thats it. Bye for now.

• Am
      17th of Dec, 2007

I also got the same thing. Instead of newspaper Ad I came to know regarding this through an SMS. Since I was interested I messaged my address to the number mentioned in the sms.Two-Three days later I got an envelope with a printed cover letter having the details of ACME Data Solutions , work profile and other details such as the payment assured per page etc.. Also it contained a form that has to be filled up and send back.

Thank GOD , for creating a thought in me to visit the sites about the company before sending the form, and that is how I happened to read the complaint posted by Ashwini. Thanks to Ashwini also.

It is very usual these days, people are getting fooled by such fraud advertisements. So before making payments and disclosing your personal & confidential data, please try to ensure that the Ad was genuine, by going through the company (whichever mentioned in the Ad or associated docs) websites , related forums etc...

Try to not getting fooled...

Regards,

• Ar
      26th of Dec, 2007

Hey that is what I got- an sms from cell no 9841440633. Then i responded to the sms and within 7 days i got an envelope. they say you will earn thousands by data entry. To become a member pay Rs500 to postman on delivery of CD with projects. I tried to google the company and listed there was a complaint from Ashwini in COmplaint Board. Thank you Ashwini. Even if I do pay and become a memeber I know that I did not listen to your warning.

2nd of Jan, 2008

lokking for data entry job imm.

2nd of Jan, 2008

data entry job imm.

• My
      5th of Jan, 2008

Even I got an SMS from 9710404545 requesting for my address and informing about the Data entry project. Their reply and reponse was so fast and I thought it will be worthwhile job from home. Incidentally when I started typing from the CD's the materials are so inconsistent and there is no connection with the each image file they have provided. Odd things. then I sensed something wrong. I am not able to contact any human being on the other side. I too lost Five hundred rupees.

6th of Jan, 2008

Firstly I would like to thanks to Ashwani, for given me the valuable information. Even I was ready for paying amount of Rs 500. If I wont this article today I will loose amount of Rs500. Once again thanks to Ashwani.

• Na
      10th of Jan, 2008

Firstly i would like to thank Ashwani for this piece of information. I too got a message from 9710404545 saying i could earn lots of 1000's through data entry.If i wouldnt had come across this i too would had lost Rs.500.
    Thanks for this and encouraging such good commitments : Nabeel

16th of Jan, 2008

I also got the cd but there are some image files and softwares... but i cant do the job and also i can contact any body there. In acme..

• Li
      18th of Jan, 2008

I GOT A SMS FROM 971040545 ... AFTER RESPONDING TO THAT SMS I GOT A MAIL BY POST, ENCLOSED IS AN APPLICATION ..... BUT THEN THOUGHT TO CHEK ON IT... NOW AFTER READING ALL THESE I FEEL HAPPY THAT I WAS NOT CHEATED..... TANX TO GOD....

23rd of Feb, 2008

please inform me at least whether i was cheated or not.
    i am totally cofused that i can't get in line the following numbers through phone
    1 acme tamil nadu 09381083203
    2 d. babu 09381203616
    3 u basker 09941774072
    are they all fraud?

if you feel any pity towards me pleasse either call or e mail me
    my mob no is 9745678374

• Sm
      25th of Feb, 2008

Yea i also got the same one, An SMS .So i got intrested and sent my address soon after they mailed me the application form... I was about to fill the application... thank god i just looked for their web site and found Ashwini 's complaint... thanks u saved my money... to all others beware of those scams.

• Sr
      3rd of Mar, 2008

Few days back i also got the same message in my mobile asking for address, and I had sent my address the mobile No.9841107551. After that i receieved an envelope cover with name & address ACME DATA SOLUTIONS, NO.1/14, vinayagar Kovil Street, Vittilapuram,Kalpakkam,Kanchipuram DIST, Tamil nadu-603102.
    Dealer name: U.basker, cell:9941774072.

After which i decided to send but i felt to check web once regarding the company. This in this site. Now i decided not apply this. There are other companies with same name.

Thanks to Ashvin and also to the others who posted their complaints.

Bye

• De
      5th of Mar, 2008

Thank GOD , I happened to read the complaint posted by Ashwini.

Thanks to all.

• Bi
      8th of Mar, 2008

A few years back there was another company from Tamil Nadu by the name of Sohonet, which conducted fraud in a slightly more elaborate manner.
    Yes I also messaged back and got the same application form with the Dealers Name mentioned as U Bhaskar. I would say thanks to Internet we can cross check without physically moving out and then happened to read this chain thread started by Ashwani. Thanks to you all for saving my 500 bucks.
    Hopefully these fraudsters are also reading this so that they know they need to try something new.

• Su
      9th of Mar, 2008

i also got the sms from that number,thank u ashwini

• Re
      10th of Mar, 2008

few days back ialso got the same sms requesting my address,i sent my address and get me an envelope,thank god i happened to see this

• Mo
      12th of Mar, 2008

Even i got a message from some number in Tamil Nadu and after sending the address i got the form. Before sending the money i thought of searching the net and found this complaint. Looks like we need to place a complaint wtih someone so that the same can be taken up immediately and some action is taken against these people.

12th of Mar, 2008

thanks for ur kind information.we were making buildings on smoke .thanks for saving my 500rs.beware of such cheats.good luck 2 allllllllllllll.

12th of Mar, 2008

we also had similar experience.thanks for ur kind information.Let they not be able to cheat furthur.