Ackermans Stores / customer service

1 WESTGATE SHOPPING MALL, ROODEPORT, South Africa

I visited Ackermans Westgate store this morning. upon making payment I was advised the account was blocked. we called the contact centre, where we were advised account is in arrears of R465 and if the payment is used the account may be used today. payment was made shortly there after. when wanting to use the account I was told I cannot use the account as it is in arrears, yet the collections department told me the payment can be seen and I must ask the customer service department to do a manual update so that I may use the account immediately based on the promise I was given. Ackermans should not be giving customers false information. I have just returned home from a double surgery in hospital and I did everything that was asked of me and still I receive such horrible customer service yet I explained how long I have been waiting in store. poor service from this store. all I would like to do is pay my account up and closed it. I will definitely tell all my friends and colleagues of the pathetic service and not to shop at this store country wide.

La