Acifica, Inc. / Avoid doing business with this company!

Acifica, Inc.

I ordered motorcycle saddlebags as a surprise for my husband's birthday. The items on the website appeared to be quality merchandise for a much lower price than I had found at the dealer. When I sent my initial email inquiring about the compatibility to the motorcycle, I received an email back in about 3 minutes. I was assured in that email that these saddlebags were compatible with his motorcycle and that they were their most popular seller.

I ordered them. Upon receipt-Happy Birthday, Honey-were a cheap and scratched pair of 'abs' saddlebags. I immediately emailed the company and to my 'surprise' I never received an email back-so much for that prompt customer service AFTER the sale. After numerous emails, I finally got a response that I could return them for an exchange only and they had to be in like-new condition. After another numerous set of emails that went unanswered attempting to explain that they were not received like-new so there was no way that I could return them that way AND that I expected my money back because I was not going to continue to do business with a company that is so deceitful.

'Sean' or 'Evan' whomever, finally instructed me to send them back. I sent them through UPS and I fortunately insured them. Amazingly, when the bags were received at ACIFICA, they were destroyed. So, very long story attempted at short...'Sean' or 'Evan' have had their money since July 2, 2007-UPS has had their shipping money since July 8, 2007-and I have no product or refund to date while UPS completes their investigation to determine value and refund.

BUYER BEWARE!! Avoid doing business with this company unless you are looking for disappointment, frustration, and no product of worth!

More Acifica, Inc. Complaints & Reviews

Plus Acifica, Inc. - Failure to honor warranty

N  24th of Oct, 2007 by
I don't know.. but this post is interesting. I just bought something through ebay with them.

It's weired because the price was very low and strangely they offered me to pay with money order lowering the price of the item even more.

Foremost i emailed them even before the end of the auction asking them about condition of the item without EVER receiving ANY answer.

After another set of emails, I finally got him (Seal) to respond me about the conditions: first of all he was vague about it and second of all he didn't even know what type of item he was selling.
I'm talking about a Sound Analyzer 1700B which usually gets sold on ebay for $250 or more (and I supposedly "got it" for $110 and afterward lowered at $99... with money order)

It is a wave generator and distortion meter analyzer ..everybody knows this... and it cannot be a misunderstanding since there is a clear pic of the object posted on ebay showing that we are auctioning for the very same item so.

Again, on the last email he tried to insist with the money order thing.

I personally don't know what to do up to now. I might go forward with this thing and keep you posted... I don't know... I'll try to contact them by phone again and see what they have to say this time....the last time he, yesterday, he said that he was busy and that he would have gotten back byb email (3 lines of craps..sorry!)

See you later...
D  21st of Jan, 2008 by
I am the "Sean" referred to by this complaint, and I just came across this website. I read carefully the complaint and tried to figure out which customer it is, but failed. I cannot find any customer with the name of "Chris" for the month of July, 2007 in our sales record. In any case, if "Chris" is a real customer of ours, please email us or call us, we will help you to get your money back if UPS did not settle with you. You can find our contact information on our website at www.acifica.com.

With regard to the comment by "Stef", this is for sure a bogus customer, simply because we do not sell Sound Analyzer, never from the inception of our company to present anyway. I have no idea why someone will waste time fabricating stuff like this. As stated on our website, we accept all major forms of payment, including credit card, PayPal, money order, or check.

If you are interested in understanding customer feedbacks for us, please check us out on eBay under the seller name of evan-2000. We have 16813 feedbacks as of today, 99.5% are positive. We sell motorcycle trunks, hard saddlebags, as well as some desktop equipments like regulated DC power supplies, rework stations, soldering stations, etc.
D  2nd of Sep, 2008 by
I've just purchased a motorcycle travel trunk from this seller, and I can tell you thaqt there were NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER with it. In fact, it had been opened and repacked to improve upon the factory packaging. there was no BS about payment options or anything like that at all, communication was first rate, shipping was timely, and I'm totally happy with the product. So much so, that I'll be buying another to save for my next bike, just in case the style is discontinued.

One other thing... if you read the two complaints carefully, you'll notice some striking similarities in verbage. I suspect it's the same person who has written both of them, but for what reason I cannot fathom. I checked the seller's feedback before buying from him, and there isn't any mention of this supposed transaction gone bad anywhere. If you think THIS is a bougus comment, just Google mikeveg and you'll find my email and website.
N  7th of Jul, 2009 by
Very good details description about Motorcycle Saddlebags. Motorcycle saddlebags is very helpful to put the things. I know about a website which sale very good quality of Motorcycle Saddlebags at very affordable price. For more info. about the Motorcycle Saddlebags please visit link …. http://www.ebikerleather.com/_e/dept/08-001/Saddlebags.htm
N  29th of Jul, 2009 by
DEFINITELY avoid this seller. I purchased a motorcycle trunk from them on eBay and immediately paid them via PayPal. Two weeks went by and I didn't hear anything, so I e-mailed them. I was then told the trunk was "backordered" and that it would ship "within the next week and a half."

Well, that time period went by and it didn't ship. I e-mailed again and they explained that it would be later than anticipated. Almost 1 month had gone by at this point and they had my money. I asked for free shipping or overnight shipping once the trunk came in to mitigate the long wait time, but they refused, only offering me a $10 refund.

I subsequently left negative feedback on the eBay page to this effect. The seller IMMEDIATELY contacted me and was very rude. He asked if we could cancel the sale because he didn't "feel comfortable" selling to someone "like me" who would leave negative feedback. Very strange. I agreed and my money was refunded.

Beware of this company... it sounds like they sell cheap knock-offs from other reviews on the Internet and their shipping services are terrible. Also, "Sean's" attitude was extremely off-putting and offensive.
D  21st of Apr, 2010 by
I am Sean, and I apologize for the delay in shipping, which happens rarely, but does happen to every online retailer, especially a retailer that sells on multiple platforms like eBay, Amzaon and our own websites. Despite our best effort, sometimes it's hard to keep track of all the sales on different platforms until the order are packed and shipped from our warehouse.

With regard to back orders, we always try to email or call the customer, but sometimes the customers do not provide a phone number, and emails sometimes get into customers' junk mail folder. When we notify a customer of a back-ordered items, we always provide the option of immediate refund. If the customer is wiling to wait, we always try to ship the order as soon as our shipment comes in. Additional delays might happen due to uncontrolled factors like custom inspection, especially under the tight border control we have.

About shipping cost, because we offer very good price on all of our products, it means that our margins are thin, and we cannot offer large additional discount on shipping, so free shipping is not possible for us in most cases, especially for large items like trunks, overnight shipping is impossible because our margin is not able to even cover a fraction of the cost of overnight shipping. If this is not what you expect, then I apologize, but this is not rude, it's just how we run our business. In order to survive as an on-going business, and offer great price for our customers, we have to watch our bottom line carefully. When we offer $10 or $15 back in situations like this, you may not think it's much but in most cases, that means that we are surrendering the margin we make.
N  9th of May, 2010 by
Don't know about aftermarket m/c bags, but I ordered a Mastech DC Power Supply, waited forever for it to arrive, finally sent a somewhat nasty note only to find out the unit had been shipped the previous day (something about customs delays with the container). I got the exact unit ordered for a good price and is working just fine. If you're looking for rock-bottom deals on the internet, I've learned to expect some disappointment. Sean came through for me...took awhile, but am happy with the end results. Acifica, Inc. could be a bit more timely with email communication, but couldn't we all. It's hard to be perfect when you're running on a thin margin and performing most of the labor yourself...I can (personally) attest to that.
D  28th of Jul, 2010 by
just wanted to add some comments here. i ordered the LG saddlebags thru their website for my bonneville. i was scared because of the price, they were so damn cheap, but i decided to take the chance and for me it was totally worth it.

a word of advice though: inspect the bags thoroughly BEFORE you mount them. one of the locks on mine didn't work properly but i had already started to mount them. sean said that if i hadn't done that, that i could have simply exchanged these bags for new ones. that being said, a little ingenuity on my part fixed the problem (i basically melted the plastic to move the entire lock mechanism down about a millimeter, which locked it tight), and when i told sean this he credited me $15 for fixing it myself. don't see that everyday. so i asked him if there was some place for me to write a review and here i am.

the bags were already cheap (think it was $140 with shipping), so i knew i was taking a chance, but i definitely got my money's worth in the end. and sean was incredibly genuine and nice throughout the transaction, which i was really surprised about honestly. with cheapie bags i was kind of expecting customer service to be [censor]. but sean offered a much higher quality customer service than the price implied. he was genuinely concerned about making me a happy customer and was prompt and courteous and responsive with me.

so, if i ever need to buy bags for a different bike i'd buy from sean again. he made it worth it.
D  22nd of Feb, 2011 by
I bought a set of hard saddle bags a couple years ago from these people. Wasn't happy with the way I mounted them and removed them. I just re-mounted them again this winter and needed at lock that was broken due to them kicking around the garage for more than a year. I contacted Sean and he replied in less than an hour on a Saturday night. He quoted me a price and I paypal'ed him the money and had the parts within a few days considering I'm in PA. and he's in CA. I very pleased with the bags and my experience with Sean.

Acifica, Inc. Logo Acifica, Inc.
500 E Trimble Rd