Acia Pure / $79.85 of Unauthorized deduction!

1 3960 Howard Hughes Pkw Ste 500Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-692-8352

I ordered this trial product, which you only had to pay S & H charges of $4.95. This is all that I had authorized for this company to take out of my checking account. Several days later there was a charge of $44.85 from my account and the name was from Acia-Pure with [protected]. I called them and told them about it. Then I e-mailed them and received a response from Trisha Scott, CCN saying practically nothing and of course you can not reach anyone by phone. Then, a week later I had another charge taken out of my account for $39.95 on 9/18/08. This was not authorized either. I will press charges against them.

Comments

• Fr
      30th of Sep, 2008
    Acia Pure - Overcharged & No refund
    Acia Pure
    944 e. calkins dr.
    Spokane
    Washington
    Phone: 509-4871168

I am having prolems canceling my order for Acia after reading the complaints board, which I should have done frist. I cannot get through on the phone or e-mail address.

• Pa
      7th of Oct, 2008

I believe this is currently happening to me also. I just noticed an unauthorized charge for $44.85. Have you had any success getting your money back?

• Ta
      28th of Oct, 2008

I had the same thing happen to me! I never got a response back when letting them know that i only authorized the S&H. Who can we talk to to get reimbursed?

• Br
      10th of Nov, 2008

Me too!!! I authorized them to deduct the s&h and they charged me twice once for 44.85 then for the shipping and handling..this is total bull crap...i have to close my checking account beofre they get anymore...

10th of Nov, 2008

I too ordered just the sample for shipping and handling at 4.95 and after reading the bad complants went to my credit card company and they charged me $44.85 and the credit card company told me to contact them but no answer back...This is a scam that someone needs to to put a stop to ASAP...

14th of Nov, 2008

Yep...same story different day. I called them after the first charge and they said they would reimburse me if I sent the product back. Haven't seen a dime yet. Now, I just had another charge today (11/14/08) to my checking account for another $44.90 These people are scam artists and they are taking us to the bank literally. I had to cancel my Visa debit card so they can't charge me any more. I will be filing a complaint with BBB and on /link removed/ People need to know about these crooks and someone needs to shut them DOWN!!

16th of Nov, 2008

I was also thinking about ordering this product and paying only the s&h but then I further read the fine print under terms and conditions. Naturally I changed my mind. You need to read the fine print. Most items that say will send free for only s&h are just a way to get you hooked on a cheap basis then they will sock it to you.

• Ti
      17th of Nov, 2008

I also had this happen to me!! I ordered the free trial by just paying the shipping and handling and when I recieved the package they added two other products in the package and charge me 44.95. When I called, well I had to call a few times because no one answered the first few times! They said that i was suppose to remove the checked boxes that said if I wanted the other two products that they sent me. They said to send back the two products that I did not order, so I did then they charged me again for the acia pure stating that it was a free trial for only 2weeks and if I was not satisfied I had to send it back if not they would charge me for it and they sure did!! I cancelled my debit card and filed a complaint with the better business bureua(BBB). Hopefully our issues would get resolved..

18th of Nov, 2008

My wife and I also ordered just the S/H charge to TRY the product because of my weight and having a hard time getting it off. We were just charged the same $44.85 and we still have not even seen the product yet. I tried to call the company but 'due to the overwhelming response for the product, your estimated wait time is 54 min and 37 seconds????' I think that the response on the phone should be 'due to the people that are being taken by this company, the wait time is...' I am calling the BBB to file a complaint. The fine print says after so many days you will be charged for the $79.95 or there abouts for the bottle that you recieved. There is no doubt that this is false advertising. Maybe a class action lawsuit for our mony back would be advisible. I will no doubtfully look forward to the other $30 something dollars taken out of my account but since we had to close the account due to this, life should get interesting.

• Ka
      18th of Nov, 2008

I too have been scammed by this Company. Luckily I put it on a credit card and AmEx is disputing first charge of $44.85, dated 10/23/08. Like others mine was to be $4.95, but they have those 2 boxes checked that I did NOT notice. The kicker was that there was NO Hoodia water in my pkg. -- the most expensive product. I E'd them and she offered me $20 off if I would keep the items. I didn't even receive ALL the items!
    ~ Today. 11/18/08, I come back from vacation and go on-line to find that there is another chg. in the amt. of $39.95, but they have sent NO add'n. product. I have that in dispute now also. I am going to forward ALL your complaints to Atty General office in Phoenix, AZ. This Co. has offices in Phoenix and allegedly in FL.

• Be
      18th of Nov, 2008

My theory is that all of these acai 'free trial' products are scams. . . I tried to order the acai noni burner as a free trial and have yet to receive even a confirmation email. . . I can't contact the company but there has been a random charge to my account fro dri*reg.net. . .

• Ka

Yes, they are BAD

19th of Nov, 2008

i too was duped by this company..i canceled my order per the 14 day trial agreement and even recieved a confirmation from them but on 11-10-08 they took 42.98 from my checking account anyway. i had to call my bank and the only thing i could do was to cancel my debit card. my bank told me i would probally not get a refund from this company and the best thing to do was to close my account completely and open a whole different account. when you give this company your card info it preauthorizes them to charge your account as long as they like until you can get it resolved. they are a huge scam and getting away with it and they have no compassion for the people they do this to. i will continue to send emails all day long until they quit doing this to me.

• Di
      19th of Nov, 2008

I just got scammed with the acai berry charges. I went into my account and there was the 44.85 charge. I had the bank to close my account and send me a new card after I read where they were still taking money out of peoples account. I called them and they said there was a 59 min wait. I will never order any thing else off the internet again.

• Ca
      20th of Nov, 2008

What a surprise. Same thing happened to me. I just wanted to try a trial, which I found for $ 1.99. One week later I receive 3 products in the mail, two of which I did not order, totaling to $ 41.85. Where do they get the nerve! I called the Toll free number on the bill and was told there was a 73 minute wait! this is simply rediculous. I am going to call my charge card company and tell them not to approve any charges from this company. They should be stopped. I feel stupid for being scammed. I thought I knew better. Guess I got caught up in the hype

26th of Nov, 2008
    Acia Pure - Unauthorized Charges/SCAM!!!!!!!
    Acia Pure
    Phone: 888-692-8352
    aciapure.com

CLOSE THIS SITE DOWN-THEY ARE SCAMMING US! HOW MANY MORE COMPLAINTS DO YOU NEED????
    I held 86 minutes on the phone and talked to Erin Mitchell who would not help me. CLOSE THEM DOWN NOW!!!

• Mj
      30th of Nov, 2008

I ordered my aciapure trial on 11/13/08 and I saw one of the boxes checked for the hoodia water so uncheck that one but did not see the box for the hoodia gum so was charged for that. I thought oh well that is not that bad, only $14.90 and maybe the gum will work. It is now 11/30/08 and I have not received anything from these people. I have not been charged any more yet but since I saw all of these complaints I am going to go to my bank tommorow and see if I can put a stop payment on this company. If it costs me a little it will be better than being overdrawn by these charges that I can not afford.

• Mo
      1st of Dec, 2008

They did the same thing to me!! I am now going through all this trouble and I haven't even received the product. I am so annoyed with this company!

4th of Dec, 2008
    Acia Pure - Charged for products I did not order
    Central Coast Nutraceuticals
    2375 Came Back Rd.5th floor
    Phoenix
    Arizona
    Phone: 888-692-8352

I ordered trial offer and received a full months supply for no charge but also received Hoodiburst Gum and Hoodia Water which I didn't order and was charged on my card $44.85.
    I have not received my shipment of Acia Pure that was supposed to be here two weeks ago. Am on hold for about one and a half hours and no one knows anything about why my shipment isn't here yet.
    I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE OF BUSNESS TO MY WORST ENEMY. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE PEOPLE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE "SUCKS"

I WANT TO CANCEL MY MEMBER SHIP BUT NO ONE ANSWERS THE PHONE.

WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER THE "DAMNED" PHONE SOONER THAN AN HOUR AND A HALF.
    Membership #1373369

• Tr
      29th of Dec, 2008
    Acia Pure - Overcharged & No refund
    acia pure
    Arizona

I ordered it got it took it broke out in rash sent it back sent the next month back and the next month but the billing keeps adding up i want this gone