Aci-berry / Unauthorized charges

1 OR, United States Review updated:

There free product, which also hasn't worked, has left me with over 2 hours of phone calls to cancel something that was suppose to be free, only shipping. This is such a scam...

Comments

• Js
      23rd of Dec, 2008
    Aci-berry - Not a reputable company!
    FMW Laboratories
    Hollywood
    Florida

When I couldn't get through on the 800 number to cancel my order, I was alarmed. Then I found this web-site and was really upset! Thanks for all who wrote and warned the rest of us suckers!! I called immediately and changed my credit card number. Now, they can't charge me! Plus, the FREE order has been returned. What a crazy outfit! How in the world can they get away with this scam...and use Rachael Ray and Oprah's names as advertisement! I don't know who I'm most upset with...these nuts, or myself for being "taken in"! I've learned my lesson, that's for sure!

• Us
      2nd of Apr, 2009

I've seen no less than 6 separate complaints on the "free trial" for Acacia Berry pills on this complaint board. It is obviously widespread with those who order from them. I had three separate charges from them after receiving my "free" bottle. I made sure I didn't agree to any subscription service or anything when I ordered my bottle. The first two times I was charged $88 on my bank card. The next time (several weeks later), my husband's card was charged - a card I did not use to order the product! On top of all of that, we had International fee charges on our account as well for these charges. We cancelled our bank cards and got new ones, the bank refunded our money, and I will never buy supplements over the Internet again.

• Ta
      2nd of Apr, 2009

The Acai Berry free 14 day trial is a SCAM. Contact your Bank, BBB, your local TV Stations, etc. to complain and then call the company that foolishly gave ME their 'Cancellation Dept. #' when this first commenced.

Their # is: 1.800.957.6988 to CANCEL. Tell them you have called your Bank to file an 'unauthorized charge' to your account, talk to the Legal Dept. if at all possible, get the person's name you talk to each time, note the date & time you called, and get confirmation of phone calls entered onto your Bank Account records (Bank does do that).
    Call your local Better Business Bureau, local TV Station to file a Complaint. Email Oprah.com and RachaelRay.com to file a complaint with them. Email your family & friends to WARN them of this SCAM.

I got my Bank to give me a refund on a temporary basis until their Legal Dept. followed up on the complaint. I also called this company # given above and talked to a Representative, Ray Johnson, about numerous warnings regarding their 'bait & hook' SCAM and how I had contacted my Bank of America, Oprah, Rachael Ray, TV Stations, etc. and they were having their legal depts. to follow up with Fraud charges being filed against THEM. Ray Johnson immediately processed my Cancellation & Refund. I will get confirmation in 10-14 days according to him. I told him that Bank of America was proceeding on their end to prosecute...if I don't see this to its positive end...my actually having my Checking Account CREDITED the money stolen from me. He assured me that I would get my refund. Please follow my instructions. Be polite but forceful. No expletives. You want them to cooperate. You want your $$$$ money back asap. Get a confirmation cancellation # from the representative, note the date & time. Keep records...all along the way thru this process.