acetools.biz / More Harrassment

1 Brazil Review updated:

Well, well, well.. After a brief scam(sorry, scan) of the web..More rubbish from these ###... How do they find an e-mail address? Is it legal? Have they permission to use the WINDOWS LOGO on their site? Is it legal to use the http://babelfish.altavista.com translation program and link your Ace Translator program to it, then charge people for the privilege only to find out that its free in the first place? Who are these ###? How can they make money off someone else's hard work? I hope that altavista and microsoft are getting a nice chunk of cash from these [censored]##...

[censored] OF# Ace Translator ###...

Selam arkadaşlar bana aşağıdaki gibi bir mail geldi.
Hello,

We noticed that you are using a *****ed copy of Ace Translator Version 6.4.
We have logged down the IP addresses and other solid proof, and disabled your *****ed version.

Software theft is a serious crime. If you are caught with illegal software, you may be fined and prosecuted to the

full extent of the law. In fact, you may be liable under both civil and criminal law. Software copyright violators in

Turkey are fined up to 150000 Turkey Liras, or sentenced to jail for up to two years.

We hope you will take this matter seriously. You can acquire valid licenses now from the webpage below:

If you don't acquire a license within 7 days, we will turn over all evidence and documentation to a law enforcement

agency for investigation.

Thank you for your immediate attention.

AceTools.biz
Önceden böyle bir mail alan oldumu hiç? Ben programın deneme sürümünü kullanıyordum neden böyle bir mail

atıryorlar?Birde mail adresimi nasıl buldular?
...
Da li kod nas postoji teorija da se sankcioniše "priraterija"? Povodom toga, da li ovakav primer predstavlja samo

zastrašivanje ili realnu pretnju? Da li je IP adrasa dovoljan dokaz...?
Primer:
Hello,

We noticed that you are using a cracked copy of Ace Translator Version 6.4.
We have logged down the IP addresses and other solid proof, and disabled your cracked version.

Serbia are fined up to 4 million Serbian dinar, or sentenced to jail for up to two years.

agency for investigation.

Thank you for your immediate attention.

AceTools.biz
...
I doubt I can fit all my complaints in here.. First, why should I pay for a program that just uses a webpage that is already free? This program just uses http://babelfish.altavista.com . I can go there and translate without paying for shareware program. To make it even worse, this program doesn't even support all the languages offered at AltaVista's babel fish, which is the site that this program is stealing it's translations from. And because they get their translations from a website, this program is useless if you are offline. Second, the authors webpage has a "Designed for Microsoft Windows XP, 2000, ME, 98" logo. You aren't allowed to use that graphic unless you actually apply for it and your software tests out. Third, every time I write a review for this program (which I HAVE tested out, and I DON'T like), it somehow gets deleted. I haven't used any foul language, this isn't a personal attack, and it isn't off topic, so stop deleting my valid reviews.

Sq

Comments

• Va
      3rd of Aug, 2011

...and I never heard from Dan again.

Dear Dan
    I have downloaded a copy of Ace translator and submitted it for testing. I
    would welcome any legal challenge from your spyware company. Now ### off.
    Ivan
    -----Original Message-----
    From: AceTools
    Sent: Monday, July 18, 2011 6:30 PM
    To: 'Ivan'
    Subject: RE: Ace Translator: Software Copyright Violation

There's nothing wrong on our side.
    The piracy reporting is triggered ONLY WHEN the software detects that it's a
    modified/cracked version, or a pirate license is used.

You entered the pirate license to unlock the software. This had already
    violated the copyright law. You must buy a legitimate license to correct the
    copyright violation.

Please visit this link to acquire a legitimate license:

We give you a last chance to correct your copyright violation in an
    inexpensive way. If we have to start legal proceedings, your expense will be
    huge.

If no legitimate license is acquired, our lawyers in Ireland will bring
    legal proceedings against you shortly. All lawyer fees (plus heavy copyright
    violation fines) will be paid by you.

Email [protected]@acetools.biz