Acer Notebook Pc / Acer Corporation is a rip off

Acer American Corporation
Jersey City
On November 28, 2008I've purchased a Acer Notebook for my son as a Christmas gift. Sometime in January, while in the middle of using the notetbook it shut off and wouldn't reboot. I contaced a representative of Acer via telephone. After numerous attempts of trying to reboot the system, it would not turn back on. I was informed that I had to send the system to their repair office so they could repair it. I had to $50.00 to have the system mailed to Acer so that it could be repaired.

I received the notebook sometime in February. The system worked well for almost two months. I had to constantly call Acer to help me reboot the system. Once again in May, the system started to have problems again. It would shut off while in use, it would not charge without the charger being plugged directly into the system than it eventually stopped working all together.

I was told on May 22, 2009, June 11, 2009, and on July 9, 2009 that I had to send the system back in to the repair office and pay to have it shipped. I spoke to many supervisors and no one would assist me. Everyone told me that ther was nothing they could do.

I do not think that it is fair to me already paying $349.99 for the notebook plus $39.99 for an extended warranty and $13.65 for tax to have to pay $50.00 eveytime something goes wrong with this lousy system. I am very upset and frustrated. I don't know what to do or who to turn to for help.

A  22nd of Dec, 2009 by
I also bought a new acer laptop on sunday and when I call the Technical Support and I told him the problem of the driver which he told me to locate a BIO file and I follow his instruction by key in BIO for search.

After 5 to 6 time of trying I still can't locate the BIO file, so I decide to look at the file in "C' drive-Program and finally located the file. To my surprise, he told me that you can't locate the file like this and you must use the windows start button and to the program folder and scold me not following his instruction. I told him windows start button is just a shortcut to the file. You still can access the file from "C' drive and I wanted to speak to your supervisior. He slammed the phone down on me and I call back, but nobody is picking up the call anymore. The company are highly unprofessional and this is my last laptop with acer.