Acer / cracked cover at hinge
I purchased an Acer Aspire with an extended warranty. The case has recently cracked where the hinge is. The company says the warranty doesn't cover accidents. This was not caused by an accident, but from opening and closing the computer. It probably would have cracked sooner, but I rarely ever used the laptop ( I worked from my desktop) until recently. I went online to find a repair shop and found that this is a common problem with Acer (cracking at the hinge). The company also says that they do not cover manufacturer's defects. I have written to all kinds of consumer advocacy to help with this problem. My warranty expires in June of 2009. I just want the computer repaired.
More Acer Complaints & Reviews
- Acer / Aspire 5570z - Faulty laptop, faulty customer service! 
- Acer Aspire 9410-4933 - Cracked LCD Cover by Hinges 
- Acer Aspire One laptop - Always freezes up 
- Acer Laptop - surely the worst 
- Acer - Acer Aspire 5100 Series Notebook - I will NEVER buy another Acer product! 
- Acer - 'drop damage' repair charge when laptop was never dropped!
- Acer - I am not able to register my laptop computer.
- ACER South Africa - acer laptop
- Acer - Terrible service
- Acer - laptop/ charger provided was not suiting with laptop