Acer Aspire 5920 Notebook / Screen Flickers (Jumps)
I purchased this hunk of junk back in August 2008. It did fine for about 6 months, then the screen started to flicker (jump). I contacted Acer Support (Technical Support). They know little of nothing about computers. I know more. Anyway they had me uninstall my entire notebook and re-install fresh from scratch. I did so, and still the problem exists. I called them back and told them the problem is still happening, so I sent my notebook in which costs me about $30.00. I received it back within about 5 days saying they checked the bios update. I don't know why, the system bios was already up to date. I guess so they could say they did something. Still had the problem, so I called and was told to sned it back again. I did so, and this time I received it back in about a week. They said the problem could not be duplicated, and no repairs were made. Some technician there had managed however to download several game programs on my notebook, and had scratch the top of it badly. I call Technical support and told them of this, and they just seem to dismiss it, and more or less said it could have been me. They really have nerve. The notebook is still doing the same thing it was, screen flickers (jumps) itermittently. I am going to keep sending it back to them on their dime until they decide to fix it, even if it take 50 times. By them they will have paid more for it than me. Do not buy an Acer Notebook. In my opinion, a piece of JUNK!!!
More Acer Aspire 5920 Notebook Complaints & Reviews
- Acer / Aspire 5570z - Faulty laptop, faulty customer service! 
- Acer Aspire 9410-4933 - Cracked LCD Cover by Hinges 
- Acer Aspire One laptop - Always freezes up 
- Acer Laptop - surely the worst 
- Acer - Acer Aspire 5100 Series Notebook - I will NEVER buy another Acer product! 
- Acer - 'drop damage' repair charge when laptop was never dropped!
- Acer - I am not able to register my laptop computer.
- ACER South Africa - acer laptop
- Acer - Terrible service
- Acer - laptop/ charger provided was not suiting with laptop