ACER AM5620 / Terrible quality product

I purchased ACER AM5620 – E1204A in December 23 2007. After I connected I started to discover problems, new-year eve first weeks January, i partially ignored problem, (blinking monitors, turn on and off by itself in sec-two intervals) In the first week of February I called Future Shop, Broadway Vancouver BC and ask if I can bring computer for repair. They took computer returned me back after 3 MONTHS with similar problem, not fix one plus DVD is not working and additional to that, instead of 3 GB memory I have now 2 GB!!

I just now, called Future shop again, and spoke to Manager Peter OG from computer department, he was not friendly i must say, and he offered me that i can bring computer back but there will be some diagnostic charges. Diagnostic charges?!?! For the computer that I didn’t use at all and paid $800+ !!! I didn’t know what to say except “Peter, you just lost one of your customers” He answered “It is fine with me”

My question is what kind of customer care that is?

I’m speechless!

Ka

Comments

31st of Jul, 2008

you bought an acer. What do you expect lol. You get what you pay for. Now insults aside. Acer has stringent rules of engagement that refuse them to even touch the thing for you during first years waranty. If you did not buy PSP they can't do anything except ship it to them for you. The manager was just doing what he was legally able to do. It's also your own fault for not bringing up the issues the minute it first happened.

4th of Oct, 2008

Boss Hogg is incorrect. I am a tech lead at a Future Shop and am sad that you were treated this way. Some facts:

1) Future Shop is authorized to service Acer desktops in the first year of warranty. Acer laptops need to be repaired directly by Acer. FS cannot even ship them for you.
    2) There are no diagnostic fees while a warranty exists on the unit; UNLESS: 1) No fault found. 2) Software issues.(Note: These are almost never enforced by keep in mind that they are there.)
    3) You can escalate past a tech lead to a Department manager and then to the store manager. I encourage you to do so.