Ace Canopy / Unable to contact

United States Review updated:
4.4

I recently purchase a shade tent from ace canopy $140. I can seem to contact them. They don't return emails. It has been over a month and a half since I ordered my product and the postage was supposed to be 20 days. I ordered it from the US. I live in Australia.

Can someone please help?

Kind regards,
Linda
Va

Comments

3rd of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
We ordered a 10 X 30 foot heavy duty canopy for our backyard. We also ordered the 8 metal feet to secure to concrete and the 2 canopy braces for the ends. This was on3/19/08. They informed us the order would be sent next day or a couple of days. We live a little over 40 miles from the company. Almost 2 weeks later, we called and were told they were moving to a new location. This went on and on, so I called for a tracking #. They said FedX was shipping our goods would be her shortly. It turned out that UPS delivered the canopy this morning 4/3/08. It had come from a firm in Connecticut . No metal feet nor braces. I tried calling, was given a runaround, order desk not here, leave message, etc. I finally reported it to the Better Business Bureau. I have no confidence in the Ace Canopy Company. They seem to run a slipshod business. We spent over $460 and don't have all our product. I will never order another thing from this bunch.
  3rd of Apr, 2008
This is the man who complained about the green canopy. I mistakenly said 10 X 30, it was 10 X 20.
Pr
  22nd of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
We purchased an enclosed canopy on Feb. 18th and our card was charged immediately. It is now the end of April and we still do not have the correct pieces that were ordered. They have now sent us a 3rd top for the enclosure and AGAIN no one at the company, if you want to call it that, know how to MEASURE ANYTHING. The top is still not the correct size!!! I also have had a horrible experience with tryng to communicate with them. They do not do anything their web site says they do.
Talk about a fly-by-night group. I would NEVER recommend doing ANY business with them, EVER!!!
Mi
  31st of May, 2008
I ordered a 10 x 10 enclosed Canopy on April 14th, The top was too small, been calling and e-mailing them ever since with no resolution. Ace Canopy Sucks !!! Do Not buy a thing from them. Wish I had Seen this site before I ordered.
Mn
  14th of Jun, 2008
This company sent me the wrong item. I returned it with delivery confirmation from the US post office. They said they didn't receive it. Never returned any phone messages or email messages. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. (They already have an "F" rating.) Ace Canopy refused to reply to any contact from the BBB. Never got my item replaced or my money back.
Please take the time to report this company to the BBB and Google.
Ch
  3rd of Jul, 2008
I have now sent six emails to Ace Canopy regarding their 10x16 car cover. They never bothered to respond to a single email. I also tried calling them twice and they never bothered to respond to my phone calls either. Glad I didn't give these jokers any of my money.
Tm
  24th of Aug, 2008
I have been trying to receive a credit for merchandise I shipped back to Ace Canopy. It has been 4 weeks since they promised the credit would appear in my bank account. I hope someone puts an end to their scams.
Mi
  17th of Oct, 2008
I ordered an ACE Canopy over the telephone in early June for a beach vacation in August. I left it in the box until our vacation. At no time was I told there was a 30 day return policy. During the beach vacation, we tried to set up the canopy and the aluminum arms snapped in half, not at a joint and the canopy has a tear. I left telephone messages with Customer Service and also e-mailed and did not get a return phone call or return e-mail. After trying again, I finally got through to someone in Customer Service and was basically told about their 30 day return policy and I was out of luck. They did not care that no one told me while ordering about the return policy. I will never do business with this company again and will make sure that anyone I know who mentions buying an ACE Canopy knows that the product is very cheaply made and their customer service department is terrible to deal with.
Ma
  2nd of Mar, 2009
This company emailed me saying I never paid for something I supposedly ordered. I didn't order it from them. I never received a shipping confirmation. The billing information they provided me wasn't even mine (except for my charge card) - the address and phone number were not correct. They also said they have been trying to contact me for five months yet I never once heard from them until they emailed me demanding payment and threatening collections. If they are dumb enough to ship stuff without getting paid for it first that's not my problem.
Ji
  5th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
They are horrible - don't order from them. I received my 12X24 party tent in multiple deliveries. After 4 weeks the poles arrived on my driveway. Then two weeks later the cover arrived. Great - but no connectors arrived. I called multiple times about the connectors. After two more weeks the connectors arrived. But, the connectors were the same size as the poles. So, almost 60 days later - I still cannot use the canopy. I'm starting to wonder if the cover is going to fit. Hopefully I'll be able to set it up by New Years.

Trust me, stay away and look at alternative companies.

In defense of them - they are very efficient at processing your credit card.
Ra
  19th of Jul, 2009
I have to say after 25+ years in business I have never found a company with worst service and lack of pride as this one. Not only would I never do business with them again I will be telling everyone who will listen what a bad experience I had. I used another company called canopies by Fred in Seattle and in 4 days had the product that I have been waiting and fighting to get for 6 weeks. I do not know how these people can sleep or stay in business I know this is not brain surgery, but that why it should not be that hard to make people happy.
Sh
  6th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Wow so shocked! I am sooo satisfied with this company I am surprised to find that there is anyone out there not satisfied with their service. Great Products, great prices, I just think Ace Canopy is an overall great company. Hopefully I never run into a situation with them but so far these past 4 years of doing business have been great and everyone at the trade shows I attend purchase their pop ups from Ace Canopy and so far everyone is satisfied with their products! Keep up the good work Ace canopy!

Shirley Barker
Ca
  10th of Nov, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE. They are a yahoo store, and as such have many different "aliases" and do not know how to properly conduct business. They are a shady company out of LA is seems.

I made the mistake of placing an order I wasn't sure about and immediately requested, via email that the order be cancelled. Two weeks roll by and for some reason I get a shipping confirmation. I email them again explaining that it should have been cancelled... (and why 2 weeks???). They insisted that I would have to pay for the late cancellation. These con-artists then insisted they get my money anyways. Now I'm in a dispute with my bank and them to get the money back.

Shirley, you are surely a liar working with/for ace canopy. Anyone who consistantly screws it's own customers on a regular basis cannot possibly have any "great customers" such as yourself.
Ch
  28th of Apr, 2010
WOW!! I wish i read this before ordering from these ###! I ordered a car port 1 month ago and have yet to receive any confirmation, tracking number, or product. Its funny how they didnt hesitate to charge my credit card. It is obvious that this is a fraudulent scam that needs to be looked into by law enforcement. DO NOT NOT ANYTHING FROM THESE LOSERS!
Ma
  5th of May, 2010
If you call their 1-800-838-3057 number and when asked for your selection press one for sales oddly enough you will get right thru. If you select shipment infor or stay on the line you go into their phone loop and can not get ahold of any one. I also used a shadow yahoo account and asked information on a $28, 000 Commercial Dome Canopy marked down to $20, 000 and guess how fast they responded to that. After 3 weeks of email and getting caught in the phone loop 1 call to sales and I got the number. I entered it into the FEDEX tracking site and it was in route. I consider myself lucky after reading some of the other complaints.
Jo
  18th of May, 2010

Dear Sir,

Called your company, at approximately 6 PM. Spoke to a Marie Garcia to ask

questions regarding your product line. Was going to order on-line after our

exchange. However, the sales training kicked in. Grab the customer, place your

foot in the door. Marie proceeded to extract credit card information, but

before complying, I insisted that an email to confirm my phone order be

sent promptly (immediately).

Spoke to Simeon Alexander at approximately 7 PM . He "cut and pasted"

invoice to an email. However upon receiving it, it was necessary to scroll

sideways half again the invoices width. Making it difficult to make sense

of the invoice. When I noticed the address, it was incorrect.

Called again, spoke to a "Crystal", told her to terminate order "acecanopy

Order# 38571", She said it is now officially canceled as of that moment.

And she would confirm by email, of confirmation of cancellation of order.

Behold! as of this moment no email.

Called again, time 8PM., talked to Mr. Alexander. Explained the situation,

he then sent me the same cut and paste invoice noting under the "status"

column the word "canceled". I mentioned it certainly does not look official.

He replied That his supervisor will see that the proper cancellation

procedures will be applied. That within 72 hours a credit will be issued

to my "Chasefreedom Mastercard" account. In the meantime the credit card

company will be alerted by me as to the difficulty encountered, inadvertently

or deliberately, by your hired staff.

Note: All confidence in "Acecanopy" as a company has disappeared.

Good luck, perhaps with some intensive training it can be

turned around. I wish you well, maybe you can live up to

your advertising "hype" someday

Scam examiner JJB

Cl
  26th of May, 2010
I have had the same issues that everyone else has had. The frame appears good but was larger than we ordered. That was not too much of an issue. The canopy fabric was 2 feet short all the way around and did not have a valance on it. I have c ontacted several people at this company and no one will correct the problem. It now sits with Luis in the warehouse. I have filed a dispute on our creidt card and have been assured that we will not have to pay for this product unless they fix it. I guess that is one good thing. The canopy was ordered for my daughter's graduation party. This company is the worst I have every dealt with. I urge anyone who reads this to avoid them
At
  13th of Jun, 2010
I have also had horrific experience with this company.
DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY! You will get nothing but the run around, frustration and anxiety!
Wi
  19th of Jun, 2010
OMG every single complaint is so true! I placed an order back in March 2010 after just 3 days my 10X10 Gazebo canopy bent on one side, sent 4 emails regarding this obivous defect no responce, left messages on their voicemail never recieved a phone call back. I could never, ever get a live person on the phone!! Finally I disputed my charge with American Express and the charge has been awarded in my favor (love you AMEX!!) But now I have this tarp still, in the box waiting to hear back from the company if they want their junk back and still no REPONSE.. What a surprise.. I don't know why this company has not been shut down yet. They are so quick to take your money but never stand by anything that they claim online, what a joke!!!
  4th of Jul, 2010
Do not order from this company, they sell junk! bought a 10 X 16 canopy paid over $300 it is made some metal poles and a tarp that you can buy at a dollar store. the quality sucks. We also had problems with getting it delivered many phone calls, finally we told them we would be contesting the charges and that is when they shipped the item. We just put it up today but received it about month ago, too late to return. I question how a company can charge your credit card before they even ship the item, reputable companies do not charge your card until they ship the item, I paid 2 months interest on a item I had not received. Do not use this company! The should be reported to the Attorney General's office for being criminals! You may think you are getting a good deal but what you are getting is junk.

dantinakim