Accuscribe Medical Transcription / Work From Home

United States, Washington Review updated:
This is supposedly a nationwide medical transcription company that operates in both the US and Canada.

Before I go into the complaint, I have to say that I've been unemployed for quite some time and have encountered many employment scams over the years but it seems to be getting worse and the economy/unemployment gets worse.

I first encountered Accuscribe two years ago. They placed an advertisement in the Spokesman Review, Spokane, WA for medical transcriptionists to work from home. After emailing a copy of my resume and cover letter to accuscribe@spoorg.net, I was contacted by a representative who instructed me to download accuscsribes *special transcribing software* in order to work and receive a pay check. I attempted to download their software but was unable to complete the process because my security software identified the software as a threat to my security, a threat that could allow the issuer of the software to take access to any other personal files that I have on my computer. I aborted the attempt and decided that I would not answer any more ads for accuscribe@spoorg.net. This last weekend, I found an advertisement, again in the Spokesman Review in Sopkane, WA, accuscribe was, again, looking for medical transcriptionists to work from home. This time, however, the email address for resume/interest contact was accuscribenw@comcast.net. I used this address to ask questions about whether this was the same Accuscribe that required the download of *special transcription software*. The contact from Accuscribe, Keith Howard, told me know but when I visited the URL for this company, I found that, although the email domain had changed, it was the same company and, despite what Mr. Howard claimed in his email, required the download of their *special transcription software.* The problem with this software is that is a form of file sharing software that leaves the recipient computer vulnerable to poaching from the issuer, Accuscribe. I asked Mr. Howard, after receiving his initial email denying the use of this intrusive malware, to explain and he has not, as of yet, gotten back to me. I would recommend not taking work from any company that requires you to use so-called proprietary file sharing software. Any sort of this kind of software leaves your computer open to pilfering and you vulnerable to identity theft.

A  5th of Nov, 2009 by
There is a book called The Amazing 9-5 Alternative that has links to companies that hire people to work from home. I recommend it. The book has links to the companies so you don't have to pay for job listings. I found an ad for it on Ebay, you can get it at www.makingyourliving.com is where I ordered it for $2.99.
D  17th of Feb, 2010 by
Proprietary file sharing software is used by much of the medical transcription industry.
D  26th of Jul, 2010 by
I've worked for the Spokane company for a very long time, around 16 years. Just so you know, this is a small, local company and has absolutely nothing to do with the nationwide one you speak of. There is no website for us, the only one I can see links to the huge Accuscribe, not the local one - it's an entirely different entity.

Accuscribes Transcription Service, LLC Logo Accuscribes Transcription Service, LLC
1301 York Road, Suite 601