ACCREDITED FINANCIAL SERVICES / NO REFUND FOR NON-PERFORMANCE

1 420 STEVENS AVE, # 180SOLARA BEACH, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (866) 725-3064 X 325

Accredited Financial Services sent me a package in which they said in writing and I quote:
"At such time Accredited Financial has received the first payment, Accredited Financial will commence the Service. Accredited Financial will advise Client of all god faith offers made by creditors and debt collectors, and of their acceptance of any offers made by Accredited Financial. Accredited Financial will not settle any account without the approval of client, who has absolute discretion to accept or reject any setllement offer. We can only settle a debt once the full funds are available in your settlement account"
They drafted in succession $300.00 (06/23/08), $300.00 (07/23/08) and $271.48 (08/25/08) and they never contacted the creditors. As a result, I sent them an E-Mail on 09/17/2008 to let them know that I cancel my account and to not submit any more drafts to my bank because I was removing my funds from the bank. Furthermore, I told them that I did not want to pay for not sufficient funds.
They went ahead and submitted a draft that costme $35.00 for over dradt and $10.00 for service charge. I called Ian Hurt and he asked me to FAX a copy of the bank statement and I dis. He also to me that I had refund of $168.00 coming. I have sent numerous FAXES to them withhout result.
I expect that they will refunf $168.oo plus the $45.00 they cost me for insufficient funds in the bank.

Comments

• Ru
      3rd of Nov, 2008

I am having the same problem. They are now not returning email and the phone always goes to an answering machine. They have not returned my messages.

• Di
      26th of May, 2009

I have had similar problems with Accredited Financial.

There is little to no indication that they ever made an attempt to contact my creditors. Of the few times a collection agency was able to reach me (I typically do not answer when they call) the individual on the phone said they never heard of - nor heard from - Accredited Financial.

I have been with them for over twelve months and as I have already paid their management fee there is less incentive for me to sever my relationship with them.

At this point I am not sure what to do. Do I hold out some hope that they eventually settle with my creditors? Do I sue them for breach of contract and demand a full refund of all fees paid? Or do I just take what money I have accumulated with them and go it alone with my creditors?

• Co
      9th of Apr, 2010

Same thing happening here. I made my last payments into my trust account Feb 31 and I havent heard anything from them. I've left dozens of messages and sent plenty of e-mails and nothing. My mom gave me a number for a company that she went to and they helped her out beautifully. Im bout to call them. The number is 1-800-811-9525 ex 4260 if anyone wants to try this company out. Mom said they were great.

• Ji
      16th of May, 2011

This company is HORRIBLE Ian Hurt is a joke. He only responds to emails and messages when you threaten legal action. My last payment was debited last month and surprise surprise a month after I completed the program my account was debited again. I called the bank that took the payment and they informed me that Accredited Financial never notified them that the account should be closed. Now it will take ten days to close out the account and they will mail me my refund. I want to know if Accredited Financial will pay my late fees until I get my money back. But shocker I have left five messages and sent numerous emails and have not heard back. I wish I knew how horrible this company was back when I started the program. DO NOT USE them...