Accounts.net / Attempted to steal my account without payment

1 China Review updated:

I attempted to sell my world of warcraft account to these people. They sent me an email saying I should change the registered email to one of their choosing. When I tried to log in to do this, I found that the password had been changed. No one besides them had the password and I have the email from Blizzard saying my password was changed a few hours after I submitted the information to them.

What really strikes me as odd about this is just how stupidly they've gone about it. They've denied changing the password but it was clearly them. Since I have the registered email still, they will either lose control of the account, or the account will become locked, at which point either both of us will have nothing or they will try and sell a locked account to someone. If they had just waited a few days they could probably have successfully scammed the account from me, but they were apparently too impatient. Childish at best.

Al

Comments

• Br
      27th of May, 2008

attempted to sell my ffxi account to them, and they ask for your keys and password after they say they are going to buy your account, now i am out of my account ( since i took it over for a ex college friend who quit playing) so i cant get it back, DO NOT GIVE THEM ANYTHING!!! they get your keys than like in my case, asked me to change jobs to confirm the account, yet if they havnt logged on to the account, they would not of known this. this is the info from domain.com i got from them:

Registrant:
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85260

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: ACCOUNTS.NET

(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2599

Technical Contact:
    Private, Registration ACCOUNTS.NET@domainsbyproxy.com
    (480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2599

mabye this company should unhost them, mabye if they get some complaints they may help perhaps

again, DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!

• Ca
      16th of Jul, 2008

I put up one of my extra RS accounts just to see what would happen. A week later I got RS with my main and I saw that my other character was online. When I attempted to access my Accounts.net account via e-mail I am directed to a page that says: "This Account Is Not Ready Check Back Later". It had been posted on the website for about 2 weeks and now all of a sudden it is gone. THIS WEBSITE IS A SCAM. AVOID IT.

• Se
      21st of Dec, 2009

Wow...so it's true...man this is straight freaky ### here.
    Many people at that "company" are soon going to die.

It could be nonsense, but I doubt it, because the origin of this information came from a conversation NO ONE knew was being over heard.

Long story made very short - They pissed off a very rich and resourceful ex-special forces psychopath with friends...which was the whole reason I ran home to get online to even see what the hell "Accounts.net" even was.

I thought I should go to the police, but I didn't because I figured they'd just think i was nuts...now after reading all about these evil ###, I'm glad I didn't report it for a TOTALLY different reason...God I truly hope they get away with offin' those punks...Lord forgive me...