Accounts.net / Completely bogus!

Ahhh, hindsight. I sold my account through these people. Then five days (and countless chats w/ company reps) later I found this page. Firstly, I never received ANY confirmation emails, despite constant verification and assurances with the live reps. They said I would receive an email confirming the bid. Nope. "Check your spam filters and your paypal email address." Nope. I watched the listings diligently and once my account disappeared I checked with the reps again to make sure. "Your account sold yesterday. You will receive the money in your PayPal account within 12 hours." Nope.

It's been 60 hours since the 12 hour promise, I'm back in the queue to talk to a rep. Now it's time for the lawyers. I only hope I can track down the poor sap who bought my old account so I can suggest he dispute the charge.

DO NOT SELL OR BUY AN ACCOUNT THROUGH ACCOUNTS.NET!

Comments

• Wa
      17th of Dec, 2007

Agree with accounts.net as fraudulent. i am putting together a formal complaint to BBB to begin with, and if indeed they are based in china then will continue further as needed. Has anyone been able to aquire some sort of contact information other than the bogus account.net emails? lookin for a phone number to company headquarters or even names of people who own the company, etc? Any info would be appreciated.

• Cr
      17th of Dec, 2007

Waren,

I was told they are directly from China. BBB doesn't help you when it's an offshore based company. They have so many fraud reports nowadays and my issue is still not resolved with them either, nor do they care as they disconnect me from live chat now.

• Ro
      12th of Jan, 2008

This company completely stripped my account of all gold and valuables and returned a completely bare and useless account to me after they failed to sell it. You do business with these people at your own expense. I URGE you not to do business with them!

17th of Jul, 2008

I was looking around to sell my WoW account today, looked at this website.

1. They offered me $142 for an account easily worth $750-$1000.
    2. They spoke -horrible- english in the live chat. Obviously based in China.
    3. They tried to pressure me into selling my account in a way that made me feel it was almost certainly a scam.

- DO NOT EVER USE ACCOUNTS.COM -

1st of Oct, 2008

I'm currently searching options for selling. I did the test and asked them location info in their Live chat. The english was fine and their response was - "Hello! We are currently based in South East Asia." I was actually suprised they told the truth. LOL now it's probably copy paste from a list of responses, but eh.

• Ru
      6th of Oct, 2008

This site is a scam. I tried to sell them my Final Fantasy XI account, and they stole it and I had to contact Square's customer support and have my password reset. Also, I sold them a World of Warcraft account about a year ago, and today I got an email saying that the account was "no longer in our possession", that they were "unable to reset the password", and that they were filing a complaint against me with paypal... this is BS because they have all the account info (obviously you're required to give them all account info incuding cd keys etc.), and it has been a full year... I no longer have a computer capable of running WoW, let alone the info required to reclaim the account after a year... they also claim to have "strong evidence in our case that includes chat logs, IP addresses, contact information, etc.", which is ###ing absurd... should also be noted that IGE has dropped support for this site (accounts.net used to be the official account trading site of IGE, but now accounts.com is...).

• Sp
      2nd of Nov, 2008

I sold them an account for 135$, easily worth $500+. But i didnt care, i went for the 135 anyway. Few months later, they are saying that they dont have the account anymore and its in a contract that I have to get it back for them. Does that seem fair? NO. They even filed a dispute on my paypal. wtf?