Account Secure Plus / Removal of this from my Bank Card

1 1265 E MaxinePiggott, AR, United States Review updated:
Phone: 870 634-6673

I called the 800 number to have the account secure removed from my account because my account is in a debt consolidation program and I have cut up my card. The person who answered, argues with me and kept saying that I did not need to get rid of it. I told her I just wanted it taken off and she kept arguing with me until I just had to hang up because I could get no satisfation. I think it is a disgrace to hire people who will argue with a customer like this.

Comments

• Je
      29th of Jul, 2008

I too was contacted by Accountsecure Plus. I told them that I was not interested as I was unemployed at the time. I told them that I was unemployed that didn't matter. The end of the conversation had resulted in me being cut off and signed up for the insurance anyway.
    I have refused to pay for this insurance. Which now has resulted in my credit account being turned over to Sunrise Credit Services, Inc. for collection of this debt. If I still don't pay it will be reflected on my credit report.

• El
      2nd of Oct, 2008

I had 2 HSBC cards neither of which did I agree to pay for the account secure plus. Try getting it cancelled! I even went so far to cancel one of the cards once it was paid off. Instead they charged me the annual fee anyway and kept charging me for the Account Secure. Furthermore they stopped sending me any form of mail letting me know of all the overdraft charges being reported to the credit card bureaus. I finally paid off the second card and have cancelled the Account Secure 4x's to no avail. Every month I have been charged .26 plus a $30 late fee which has also been reported to the bureaus. I want to know with a 0 balance what the hell they are securing!!! I made one last attempt to cancel and reverse the late payment fees and have them removed from my credit report. This time unless I get complete and absolute satisfaction, I WILL be seeking a lawsuit including pnitive damages.

• We
      7th of Oct, 2008

It is pretty hard to cancel this coverage after you have it, but all you have to do is keep telling the customer service rep that you want them to cancel it. They have a script they HAVE to try to get you to keep the "insurance" they make a ton of money on this stuff. It took me about 8 minutes (it felt like a lot longer) to get the guy to stop going on and on about the benefits of this program and give me a cancellation #. Of course I expect to have to call back next month.

• Ca
      15th of Oct, 2008

UGGGGGH! try requesting proof of enrollement because there is no way that i signed up for it! my account was repeatedly charged. i called to cancel and request proof of enrollment. i was sent a letter in may saying i would have it in 90 days. i called in 90 days and apparently they have a different calendar and i had to call back in 2 weeks. i was then told that the request was not properly processed (even though they sent me a letter saying that my request was being processed) and that i would have to wait another 7 days. fine. i call back and am told by Raj in India that maybe i recieved a phone call. MAYBE? shouldn't you be able to tell me that? then to make it better, he told me, during this same conversation that the request was not properly processed and that it would be another 90 days. No, not acceptable. so i get on the phone with his boss who offers me a one time customer credit for 1/2 the charges and some more bs. no. then i talk to his boss who the tells me that a letter with my proof of enrollement was definately sent, not the phone call that i maybe missed. ok. when? well, he can not tell me that for sure, but it was sent. funny, the bills always made it into my mailbox but this letter got lost. ok. so if you have my proof of enrollent send it again. sorry, they can't do that, teey can not access the research dept. ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME? so, Vishnu (the highest supervisor available) offers me the same one time client credit of 1/2 the charges the next day. weird. if they have proof of my enrollement, why would they offer me a credit? nothing, nothing, absolutely nothing can be done by them. they just handle the cancellation calls, i will have to write a letter to the disputes dept and wait another 90 days for proof of enrollement. WHAT A SCAM!!! i will be reporting it.

• Re
      14th of Nov, 2008

Same thing happened to me just today! I pay online and just noticed that I was being charge this for months. They told me that it would be investigated. I am not going to take this for an answer. I will pursue this matter indefinitely. I too want proof of my enrollment.

• Co
      2nd of Feb, 2009

It took me six months to get this coverage or service cancelled from my credit card. I also was being charged for something I never enrolled in and I requested the info on this coverage and the proof of enrollment three separate times. Each time, I received a letter stating that they were researching my request and I would receive some info in 90 days. I would call every few weeks and end up talking to someone different everytime. I would even keep track of whom I spoke to previously and the next person would say that they no longer work here or that I never requested such information or cancellation.?! Well, I didnt call them to see how the weather was either!!! My last conversation was at least 45 minutes long and I was not hanging up the phone unless this service was cancelled. I had asked several times to speak with a supervisor or manager and there was never one available or the gentleman thought he could help me with my request. I have never been so upset and freaked out after I hung up the phone with them. I even demanded my money back for at least the last six months and there was no way he was giving me any money back. I requested all of the money back because they could never come up with a proof of enrollment to send me. The gentleman was more than happy to send that to me but he would be unable to cancel my coverage today. WHATEVER!!! I have been requesting that info for six months and never received it, Im not falling for that trick again. If there is another charge on my credit card from these people I dont know what I will do. I even went as far as calling my credit card company and seeing if there was anything they could do and of course not. I wish I would have checked out some of these other complaints before I went ahead and cancelled. Everyone has the same story I do and I think this is not right!!!

• Ex
      6th of Feb, 2009

I pay online and just noticed the same thing! The call center in India had a hard sell for this enrollment and another service when I activated the card. I said no so many times, whenever I could get a word in over the salespitch he repeated over and over again. Apparently there's a record of me saying yes, I'd like this service. I'll be waiting what looks to be months before getting this. And the woman in India that took my cancellation call told me there were no phones or computers at the HSBC complaint department. I wish I'd researched this before signing up for a credit card from them. Is there a way we can get a class action lawsuit against these ###? I get the feeling that the call centers in India just sign you up anyway to reach their quotas.

• Ho
      15th of Feb, 2009

I now have 3 accounts that have been attacked by Account secure plus, I know for a fact that they had called me numerous times and I told them no way. I want to know why they are able to attach a payment to my account with out my consent. I will contact the better business bureau and file a complaint. This has cause my inactive steady accounts to go over the limit. I will fight until I get back all of the money they owe me and them some!

• Wi
      18th of May, 2009

My husband passed away and I sent HSB a copy of the death certificate. I got a letter today from AccountSecure asking for a certified copy (which costs me $15.00 a pop) and demanding MY social security number and my okay to contact insurance companies and social security. No way in hell am I giving them either MY social security number or permission to contact social security or any insurance companies. I've read too much negative stuff about these jokers to give them anything.

• Ga
      6th of Jun, 2009

I have been trying for months to get these charges off my card and they keep on coming. How do you stop them??? This is crazy, I'm trying to pay down my card, not add to the balance. The Customer No Service at HSBC is no help either. ANY SUGGESTIONS??

11th of Jul, 2009

I agree, I just called them today to cancel. We had 8 months worth of charges that we had no idea about. They allegedly told us that we gave permission to add this service on to our account a year ago ... ZERO recollection about that. They are sending me a transcript in the next 90 days, supposedly of the conversation where we agreed. I highly doubt it. I'm going to fight this tooth and nail until I get the money back! ... If there was any way else I could fight back, I am up for ideas!!!

• Ro
      17th of Nov, 2009

HOW DO I GO ABOUT SUING ACCOUNT SECURE PLUS FOR DEFAULT? I AM IN LITIGATION NOW BECUASE ACCOUNT SECURE PLUS WOULD NOT PAY THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY AFTER MY WIFE BECAME 100% DISABLED. THE CARDS IN HER NAME AND WE WERE NOT MARRIED AT THE TIME SHE GOT IT BUT NOW I AM PAYING TRIPLE OF WHAT IT WAS ORIGINALLY BECUASE OF ACCOUNT SECURE PLUS' FAILURE TO PAY.
    ANY HELP OR SUGESTIONS PLEASE?

THANKS

17th of Nov, 2009

Hi Ron ... I'm actually bringing Account Secure Plus to small claims court for unfair charges on our credit card. They say we authorized payment for the service via "voice confirmation", but we never were asked about the service and they began charing for it. (Stupid me) I really didn't pay much attention to the statements until 7 or 8 months later and found the charges. All attempts of trying to deal with them have just been a big run around, since July 2009. So just two weeks ago I sent a letter stating that in 30 days if they haven't paid back the charges I will be taking them to small claims court. Hope that helps. I've just been to frustrated with them.

Take care,

John

• Bi
      16th of Feb, 2010

I have been trying to fight Account Secure Plus for the last month .. They have been fraudulently charging my account an obscene amount of money for the last four years!! I never ever agreed to this service. I never paid much attention to my statements so I never realized it .. I am doing everything I can to get my money back .. I will not stop until I get refunded my money .. I will go on Help me Howard or go to small claims court if I have too .. I have requested proof of enrollment and they said it would take 90 days to send it to me .. Lets see if i ever receive it. Good luck to all .. Maybe we could all get together and do something about this.

• Bi
      16th of Feb, 2010

Has anyone had any luck in reference to canceling this service and getting your money back??

• Ho
      15th of Mar, 2010

Yup it happened to all of my credit cards. I had to close all my credit cards to get rid of those ### in secure account plus. It seems that the credit card companies are aiding and abetting organized credit card ID theft. You see, if you steal $1, 000, 000.00 from one person they will complain loudly and quickly. But if you steal $9.95 from a million people, you get almost 10 times as much money, and few people will notice. I was called, and they signed me up anyway on all of my credit cards. This is criminal activity, and it needs to be stopped! Today, I do not have any credit cards at all, and I refuse to get even one until the credit card companies stop helping criminals steal from me. Everybody else should too. Where is a district attorney when you need one. Oh that's right they are lawyers too.

• Ar
      5th of Jun, 2010

Revolt i say we put together a class action lawsuit and get our money back!!! if we all collectively complain. we will have a voice the more people we get to join the louder we will become!!!

• El
      31st of Dec, 2010

This company is disgraceful!! I have cancelled their service on 2 previous occasions (which is not an easy feat). Every time I have to cancel their service (which I never signed up for) it's a stressful and inconvenient 30 minutes on the phone continually insisting I do NOT want the service. A few months later the charges are back. I don't understand how they can sign me up and bill me for a service without my authorization and in spite of my continued insistence that I don't want it. On principle, I am going to fight this and find out how it can be stopped. I don't usually make a big deal of things but this situation has reached a level of insanity, it's abusive.

• La
      25th of May, 2011

Just called and cancelled account secure plus, listened to the whole scripted speech, just said, "thank you, but I still want to cancel.SOOO... we will see in 90 days if it has been removed.I know 90 days???? Willing to put up with 4.95 per month for 3 more months to be free of this bs!

• Pm
      25th of May, 2011

I have had Account Secure Plus since 2004. I recently became unemployed. When I filed a claim, They told me that I didn't file the claim fast enough, and they will not honor the claim. Mind you I'm still unemployed, and trying to stop the service. WORST SERVICE EVER. These guys can not be trusted. Get away from them as fast as you can. They have no entention to help you, only themselves to your money.