Account Control Technologies / Collections

1 Berwick, PA, United States

I received a phone call stating that "Chris" used me as a reference for a job. I said Chris who? He butchered the last name, because this person shares my last name. I told him he is a liar, because I know that this person would not use me as a reference. The collections person then would not let me talk. He was rude, after I tried to explain my relationship to this person, he just got louder, treated me like I was lying. I wasn't even the person they were trying to collect from. I called back the next day and got the call center. I explained what happened and the person insults me by trying to explain "well, maybe he did use you". The original person passed this off as it was a job follow up. I got ahold of an accounts manager, and he was professional. He apologized, and said that he will have to look into it. I told him that this method of information collection is fraudulent, and if this is stand practice, it is illegal. He assured me that my number will be taken off their call list. 30 minutes later I get a hang up call from a 619 area code number...

Re