Accor / Motel 6 / do not rent list

Seaside, Oregon, Motel 6 manager, Lee Judson, put my disabled, senior citizen wife and me on his Do Not Rent list simply because I complained about a substandard room and possible evidence of bedbug infestation. Franchisee, John Wolf, Portland, Oregon, is doing nothing about it. Accor North America Georges LeMener's customer service said 4 months ago they're sending out a team to check on it, and Accor HQ in France apologized and said we could rent at any of their facilities worldwide, but Judson remains adamant.

Comments

• Ti
      23rd of May, 2007
    Motel 6 - Unfair business practices

My mom has worked for this Motel for over 20 years. She has never once companied about going places for meetings or classes. Now this regional manager comes in and says she is not doing a good enough job for them and fires her. I think maybe someone should look at this man (or so called man)and see if he is doing a good enough job for this company. I and my family and friends will never stay at a Motel 6 again. I will tell everyone about the unfairness this motel is all about. Thank you for your time, Tina

• De
      2nd of Jul, 2007
    Motel 6 - Columbus, Ohio - Filthy carpet and bathrooms

Motel 6 #554 1289 E.Dublin Granville Rd. Columbus Ohio Zip 43229
    Phone: 614-846-9860

We recently made reservations at this motel for the weekend of the GoodGuys national car show. (July12-15th2007) One of the members of our car club went to Columbus last week and decided to stay there at Motel 6 #554 because he just took it for granted that this would be a nice place and thought he would check it out while there.

He said it was one of the most disgusting places he had ever seen. He was ashamed to even ask his wife to stay there. I realize that you have low room rates and I don't expect the Baltimore Mansion, but I do expect a "CLEAN"room and a "CLEAN" bathroom and carpets.I do not want my feet to be dirtier after I shower then they were before I shower.

We have at least 20 rooms reserved and I hope for your sake they are "CLEAN"!!! Corporate would not like to hear what we will say if we are not pleased.

• Va
      1st of Nov, 2007
    Motel 6 Seaside, Or - poor customer service

Motel 6 Seaside, OR
    www.motel6-seaside.com
    2369 S Roosevelt Dr
    Seaside, OR 97138
    (503) 738-4276

Last year my wife made a simple Q and the motel franchisee barred her from ever coming back for her trouble.

Today she is in California staying at a Holiday Inn Express. The hot tub didn't work. She told the manager about it; he thanked her, apologized profusely for the inconvenience and gave her 10% off her bill.

See, that's the way it's supposed to work; you don't slam a customer for asking an innocuous question. I've never met the Seaside, Oregon, Motel 6 owner, but I would like to - the man must be from another planet and he has my curiosity aroused as to what he looks like.

13th of Nov, 2007
    Accor / Motel 6 - Treachery
    www.accorhotels.com

VentVent: What point are THEY trying to prove? I still don't get it... all this because you and your wife were not satisfied with your room. What is this world coming to?

Komodo - 11/13/2007 5:39pm

Actually, that's what I thought too at first, komo, but Judson apologized and invited us to reserve a room after we submitted his comment card.

It was AFTER he sent that warm, fuzzy letter that Accor's Seaside, Oregon Motel 6 Owner/Manager Lee Judson slammed us; it makes absolutely no sense at all. It was pure treachery - like when the Pilgrims killed the Indians after they invited the Redskins to share Thanksgiving dinner with them.

If an Indian couple had survived with their scalps intact and sued Pilgrims Judson & Gish, that noble pair would have countersued the savages for the cost of their gunpowder.

But maybe General Rico will come to the aid of the wounded Brave & his raped Squaw, we'll see.

14th of Nov, 2007
    Accor/motel 6 - Criminal intent
    Accor/Motel 6
    www.accorhotels.com

Accor's Seaside, Oregon Motel 6 Owner/Manager and his attorney abused the legal system by utilizing the courts as a weapon to retaliate against me, the victim or to try to silence me.

I think it can be shown that they conspired and collaborated to concoct fictitious legal complaints solely in retribution and retaliation for themselves having been brought before the courts.

Probably not the first time they've done this; I'm surprised they haven't been arrested by now.

17th of Nov, 2007
    Accor/motel 6 - Voir dire
    Accor/Motel 6
    2369 S, Holladay Drive Seaside, OR 97138
    Seaside
    Oregon
    Phone: 903-453-3425

MOTEL 6 OWNER SUES GUEST

Man, I hope that's a headline on one of our local papers. Try to make it to the trial. It will be worth it for the voir dire examination of prospective jurors alone.

I'm guessing that in the jury pool could be:

1. A few of the thousands of people directly or indirectly affected by the war who might have a problem finding against a war veteran with 4 bronze combat service stars on his Viet Nam Service medal.

2. Senior citizens who would be appalled at the injustice of the totally unsubstantiated allegations the defendant is making of a 70 year old AARP'er.

3. Any disabled who would be able to relate to a disabled man and his wife being rudely denied service without cause, notification or explanation.

4. Maybe a former Motel 6 guest will be a prospective juror who posted on a Traveller Complaint site that his wife sat on a urine - soaked mattress covered up by a clean sheet. Or one who complained of blood-stained sheets. Or one of many who complained of insect infestations including bed bugs. Maybe one of the many who were treated like trash by unbelievably rude desk clerks - maybe even the former guest who had the cops called on her because she complained about being double charged. Hundreds of offended people so little time.

5. Maybe a person who is offended because Motel 6 is removing the Bibles from their rooms and are substituting them with sex kits.

They are all prospective jurors the defense will have to decide are unqualified or unacceptable and may be challenged for cause or may be the subject of a peremptory challenge.

So that leaves the defendant with a prospective jury choice of oversexed, young, anti-war, healthy people who have never stayed at a Motel 6.

Lots of luck with that one.

24th of Nov, 2007
    Motel 6 - Anonymous has come!
    Accor
    2369 S. Holladay Drive
    Seaside
    Oregon
    Phone: 503-738-6269
    www.accorhotels.com

To the anonymous friend who blessed my wife and me: When I opened the letter I was expecting the usual pros & cons I've been getting, some good, some not so good, of my spat with Accor's Motel 6, but this was wonderful encouragement. Thank you. Poet William Cowper also had an anonymous friend who sent gifts to him but never revealed his name. Cowper’s comment on receiving each gift was always the same: “Anonymous has come.”

I think of that phrase whenever I pass the post office: “Anonymous has come.” I will always be grateful to my unnamed friend for his or her kindness and love to my wife and me.

Dick & Sandy
    P.O. Box 21201
    Vancouver, WA 98682

3rd of Apr, 2008

Legal Notice: I fully retract and withdraw all of my previous postings on this site concerning Motel 6, ACCOR, and Manager Lee Judson.

6th of Apr, 2008

I fully retract and withdraw all of my previous postings on this site concerning Accor, Motel 6 and/or Manager Lee Judson.

12th of Apr, 2008

Comfort Inn’s OpinionDecember 26, 2006Dear Mr. and Mrs. Colbeth, It is with pleasure that I respond to the comment card you left for our review at the Comfort Inn in Tumwater and to your specific request to be rated as a guest. I have given this request a lot of thought, and since you were obviously serious about being rated as a guest, I want to give your request - as unusual as it is - the proper attention it deserves.

If I had to rate guests I would consider the following categories: 1. How did you treat our staff?2. How did you treat our premises and amenities?3. How did you conduct yourself while checked in? These are the three basic categories to consider. On our scale from 1 - 4, with 1 being excellent, 2 - good, 3 - fair, and 4 - poor, I would have to rate you excellent in all categories. You were courteous to our staff and pleasant to deal with. The credit card you presented for payment authorized on the first try and did not decline, which contributed to a smooth and efficient check in. As a guest in our hotel, you treated our premises with care and consideration - you didn't smoke in your non-smoking room, you didn't disturb other guests with loud music, TV, loud conversations or even arguments. You didn't break anything, nor did you excessively soil our linen or towels. In the morning you had your breakfast during our posted breakfast hours, not 45 minutes after breakfast closed and the breakfast area has been cleaned. Above all, you surprised our staff with your genuine concern about how you might be perceived by us. I hope you find this rating helpful. We do not expect our guests to rate "excellent" all the time. We appreciate guests who show kindness and courtesy, who do not hold our staff responsible for things that go wrong that were beyond our control, such as the loss of cable TV during the recent power outage. I see all sorts of guests come and go. About 5% rate excellent, 55% rate good, 25% rate fair, 15% rate poor. The 5% who rate excellent keep us going every day. They make up for the 15% who rated poor and instill in us a genuine wish to treat others with courtesy, kindness and respect.

My staff and I want to thank you for being one of the 5% who rated excellent.

Your kindness is much appreciated and will be remembered for a long time. Best Regards, Monika FitzGibbonComfort Inn & Conference Center1620 74th Ave SW Tumwater, Wa 98501phone: 360/352-0691fax: 360/352-0871

• St
      16th of May, 2008
    Motel6 - management
    Motel6
    3035expo parkway
    Missoula
    Montana
    Phone: 406-549-6666

O may2 we stayed at this motel6 arrival at approx 8pm The guests in the next rm had company loudly knocking on our door and their door at least 50 times and each time slamming the door I spoke to the guests next door to stop the door slamming. It did not stop. I called the front desk and informed Justin the person on duty of the door slamming, Justin said he could not do anything about it. However it appeared to that Justin was friends with the trouble makers. I also so think that with all the different people knocking on the doors at least 50 and most of them were different people 18 to 30 yrs of age the guests next door were selling drugs, and not having a party. Justin was very friendly with guests next door and the company that kept knocking and slamming the doors we left at 12am

• Ge
      9th of Jun, 2008
    Motel 6 Destin, Fl - Frat party, diesel bus
    Motel 6, Destin, Fl
    Destin
    Florida

Stayed here April 17, 18, & 19. First nite Diesel bus ran outside our door all nite. Next nite frat party upstairs, and diesel bus. Last nite diesel bus and party went wild. Boys holding girls over the balcony, by the ankles. Complained many times to the front office, but all woman said was that she wasn't the manager. Party broke up at 5:45 - 6:AM with a lot of screaming drunks as they left the parking lot. There were about 25 kids involved. It was worst experience at a motel ever.

• Ge
      27th of Sep, 2008
    Motel 6 - Dirty
    Lenexa
    Kansas

Reservations were made in advance for a non-smoking room. We arrived at the motel too late to go to another. The room was dirty and smelled as if it was used for a smoking room. Cigerate stains were on the sink and the odor in the room would nausiate any non smoker. This is the worst experince I have had with Motel 6 and I will never use there services again.

• Ro
      9th of Mar, 2009
    Motel6 - management
    Motel6
    2461 Lovejoy
    Pittsburg
    California
    motel6.com

This location has had to hire lackluster security because of the transients in the area and car breaking, naturally, security personnel aren't the brightest bulb in the pack, so if your car doesn't get broken into it will get towed by security thinking it isn't registered with the Hotel.

They handle this better in Tracy, CA by having the local police do security. The City of Pittsburg police department apparently is unwilling to handle problems in the area.

The message here is clear to just avoid this hotel and stay down the road in another area.

I have also noticed that there is a sewage smell in some of their rooms, they obviously don't put money into matinanance, and the heat doesn't work at all in some rooms. I have stayed here a few time s before so I know these things, but never again.

• Ca
      1st of May, 2011
    Motel 6 Washington Dc - Disinfection
    Motel 6
    1345 4th Street NE I-95 Exit #22-B Washington, DC, 20002
    Washington
    Phone: (202) 544-2000

We arrived in Washington DC on 27th of april . We started to look for a place to stay, trying to find something affordable but at the same time clean and comfortable. Unfortunately we didn`t have chance to read reviews about Motel 6 in advance because of shortage of time . So we decided to go straight to the motel and to see the room . When they opened the door and showed it to us it seemed to be nice despite of smell like smoke, but as the said they didn`t have any non-smoking rooms . And we decided to stay one night at this place because it was already about 7 o`clock at night . We paid for the room and went there to relax after the long tiring trip .
    My husband went on the computer and I went to take a shower . The first thing i saw in the bathroom is was lond hair on the toilett seat and there was no bathmate. I finally took a shower and was going to get in the bed but when i moved the sheet there were lots of hair all over the bed, under the pillow, on the pillow, on the sheet and the bedclothes looked like it was already used by someone without being washed. So we decided to check another bed as it was two beds in the room and another one was totally the same . There were even more hair. We were completely dissapointed and decided to move out . We went to the front desk and ask the receptionist to get our money back explaining him the whole situation . He said the only thing he can do is to change the room but money refund is out of the question . But how can we change the room if it will be absolutely the same . We took some pictures of the room and we didn`t get our money back, but we couldn`t stay there even one night . We went to sleep at the Comfort Inn which totally opposite to Motel 6 for the same price . My question is how can we get our money back ? There are some pictures attached .
    Thanks.

Sincerely,
    Anastasiya

• Gi
      21st of Dec, 2011
    Motel 6 - Dont use their services
    Motel 6

I stayed at the Motel 6 on International Drive in Orlando for years. I had a crying baby next to me in another room that kept me up for hours. The front desk would not answer the phone so I knocked on the wall to let them know there was a person next to them being annoyed. When I returned to stay at the motel 2 months later I found out I was placed on the "Do not rent list" for a disturbance issue!! That's what I got for complaining. Do not stay at Motel 6.

Motel 6 owes me an appoligy.