Acclaim Financial Services / Bad service

Today I am writing a complaint about Acclaim financial services. My wife and I are trying to get a mortgage for our first home. The credit report shows this collection account for $30.42. So I contact this company and was completely astonished to what this person said to me on the phone. When she answered the phone she answered with an attitude and then when I asked why we have not received a bill she said (address to where it was billed). I informed her that my wife had not lived there in almost seven years and that it was her parents house. And that no mail had ever been sent there in her name. She then proceeded to call me a liar. I asked to speak to her supervisor and she said SHE WAS THE OFFICE MANAGER. At that point the only option she would give me was to pay it now. I asked for some information on this account and she asked me if I was deaf or if I was stupid and than hung up on me. WHAT TYPE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THAT. I then called back and she hung up on me again after I asked to speak to anyone else in the office. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB on this company for sure.

Comments

Pa
  23rd of Apr, 2009
Acclaim Financial Services - Do not use them
Acclaim Financial Services

Acclaim Financial Service-Arch Wireless pagers I turned in my Arch wireless pager in May of 2004 and received a credit of about 50$ for the pager and was told my account was paid in full. Then 4 years later I check my credit report and there is a collection from Acclaim Financial Service for 12$. I called and spoke with "Lisa", she said my account was not cancelled properly, apparently I was supposed to give a letter in writing 30 days before I wanted the account cancelled in order to not be charged the penalty. WHAT?! Granted it was a long time ago but I certainly don't remember being told anything about that. Then I asked why I was never contacted for this bill and she said they sent something to an old address and called once. I told her my address has been the same the past 4 years, they could have easily have contacted me. She became very short with me and said "you can mail your money to this address, is there anything else I can do for you?" No, there isn't and I certainly would not recommend Arch Wireless to anyone.