Accent Movers / terrible company

Well I would be writing a book if I was to say all the things they did. Everything about them is anything but professional.

Ok well they actually showed up on time and when we answered the door they said 'You gave us the wrong number'. Well we assumed they were the movers then they showed us the paper and realized they were the movers. They were dressed in basketball shorts and a T-shirt, so looked like a bunch of drug addicts. Didn't look inside at all. So they started loading up a bunch of small things when we specifically told them if it can fit in a car, then leave it. So they started loading the garage and packed it where it was going to take 5 or 6 loads, and at $65.00 we didn't want that. So we told them they would probably want to go inside and get the beds, refrigerator, washer/dryer, couches, and all the big stuff that was not going to fit. Well after my father-in-law seen that he told them they needed to start putting the big stuff on there and the 'kid' said I misunderstood you, and turned around and walked outside. Ok there isn't much understanding that it was simple.

Well then it just gets worse... So they drug our leather sofa across the concrete because they were carrying a 50 lb. couch with a dollie. So when they went up the ramp, they failed to pick the other end up. We were sitting in our living room when the older guy came in the house and said, 'Who is out there saying we aren't doing it right, because thats my nephew and he isn't afraid to knock anybody out'.Yes those were his exact words. So we went and got my father-in-law and then proceeds to tell him he needs to be more specific and thats his nephew and he will knock his a** out. So it just escalated from there, because YOU don't come into anybody s house disrespecting them like that!

I was very disappointed and will never use them again, but it looks like this company isn't run very well either.

Jo

Comments

• Wh
      21st of Jul, 2009

I worked for them myself. Although I would have never acted like that, the business really is poorly run and the owner is too chep to give us the correct supplies or to fix/replace the crappy ones we already have. They are the most unprofessiol place I've ever worked for. Hope they go under

14th of Sep, 2009

Wow, I also work there. I've been here for 5 years. We do have equipment to move the customer. Our prices our low because we service the consumer who is on a limited budget. Our prices our low to ecomodate the economic struggles. $65.00 is a low rate, but what I can tell you that if movers work here who are disrespectful to the customer, we let them go. We do not tolerate that here. I am the manager and I personal don't want anyone working here that would hurt any customers. I want all the customers to be happy.

• Kr
      22nd of Feb, 2013

Kris,

Your guys did an amazing job helping me move on Thursday. I really appreciate how courteous and helpful they were. I could not have done it with out them. They worked hard and was dedicated to the task at hand. They respected my belongings and treated it like it was their own. Great group of guys you have working for you. I wish them the best. I will be sure to refer your company to anyone needing a moving company.

Thanks again,
    Ben Armstrong

• Kr
      22nd of Feb, 2013

Hello. The Post you seen above this one was from a satisfied customer who took the time to email us after his move. I wanted to post a few things about Accent Movers to the public. Accent Movers has been around for 30 years. I know this company has seen its up's and down's. My Partner Mark and I have been in the moving business as far back as we both can remember and have recently purchased Accent Movers from its previous owner on 9/6/2012. Please note that we have came in and completely changed this company from the inside out. None of the old Movers, or Office workers are here. We have brought in only the most qualified Movers there are in the business. Mark Moreno, Myself: Kris Jones has single handed recreated this company. New Equipment, Quality Movers, Free Shrink Wrap, and top of the line Customer Service. Please call and speak to me direct at: (817) 834-5377...Thank You!