Acceller/digital Landing / Failed to receive $200 Amaz Gift Card

1 NM, United States Review updated:

On Feb 12, 2009 I submitted the rebate info EXACTLY as stated on the rebate: 1) completed rebate form 2) copy of order confirmation 3) copy of first Comcast bill to the required address. Wait 10-16 weeks. It has now been 20 weeks. Called Digital Landing today - Spoke to Elaine, then supervisor, who told me they could "open a case" but couldn't tell me when they would respond. If you look at the fine print - it says that Digital Landing is strictly an intermediary (to Comcast) and assumes no liability. I consider this to be a contract - they made an offer, I accepted it, and there was consideration. Therefore I believe Comcast to be in breach of contract. I called the Comcast CEO office Brian Roberts at [protected] and spoke with an assistant. They said they will have a Comcast exec from my state telephone me. Stay tuned.

Comments

• Fi
      8th of Jul, 2009

Well here is the update - not doing too well. I was told by one of the Comcast CEO's exec assistant that I would get a call from a New Mexico Comcast exec yesterday. That didn't happen. I called and spoke to an exec assistant today at 11 AM Mountain Time - she "guarantees" someone will call today. No word yet. I'm to call them back at 3PM Mountain Time if I haven't heard back. If you get a call and request from the CEO's office - you think an exec would take care of it. Not quite sure what "guarantee" means.

9th of Jul, 2009

Latest update - well the "guarantee" I got from the executive assistant "L" in Brian Roberts office didn't happen. Received no call from any NM Comcast executive as promised. So this is two days in a row where I have not had return calls from Comcast execs.

In addition - "L" is unable to provide me with a name or phone number of the exec office that is supposed to contact me. Doesn't sound like it will happen.

When I phoned "L" back at 5:30 PM Eastern time, I asked to speak with Brian Roberts or set up an appointment to speak with him. Her response was that he is unavailable and she is unable to set up an appointment with him. When I asked her to let me speak to someone who was able to set up an appointment with him - she told me again she was unable to do so.

Comcast needs to be held accountable for honoring the promotions they offer!

9th of Jul, 2009

Today's update - I telephoned "L" at Brian Roberts office this morning at 9:30 AM Mountain Time. The hold was only a few minutes for her to tell me that her Comcast contacts in New Mexico that she is exchanging emails with says that they are in communication with me. They are not. Again - she would not give me names or telephone numbers. Just that she has to work on it, find out what the problem is, and get more "unnamed" people involved from the leadership team. This will be day 3 with "senior execs" working on the problem - I can't even get a return phone call. More and more suspicious. This is not a 3 day problem. This should not even be an executive problem. It increasingly looks like it will be a legal problem.

9th of Jul, 2009

2:40PM still no progress. I did just receive my first telephone call from a Comcast NM Customer Care Mgr for So. NM "R" - she has no idea what to do - she doesn't have a checkbook and can't solve. She is contacting someone at Comcast in Albuquerque to see if they can help.

10th of Jul, 2009

10:45 AM - no word from NM "R" contact - telephoned the number she gave me 575-523-2531 to call her at. This is a general purpose Comcast number - no way to get to a human that I could find.

Telephoned "L" at Brian Roberts office to give her an update. Her response is as usual - she will look into it. She knows I'm doing these postings so we summarized her comments as 1) She has no direct numbers for Comcast personnel and cannot give me names or numbers (she is assistant to the President of Comcast) 2) she cannot give me a date or targeted date for resolution of this, and 3) Comcast executives are never available to talk with customers about problems - she cannot schedule appointments or get me in touch with someone who can schedule appointments.

10th of Jul, 2009

Forgot to mention that additionally "L" told me that since she has no direct business telephone numbers of Comcast employees, she exclusively uses email to work on this problem.

10th of Jul, 2009

I found an email address for urgent Comcast customer issues at:

The email address is: esl_corp@cable.comcast.com

I have sent them an email along to a link to this page. We'll see if they respond.

10th of Jul, 2009

It appears that the NM State Attorney's General investigates these types of complaints - I don't expect an immediate answer - but given this Comcast practice appears so extensive (google Comcast fraudulent rebate) - I am filing a complaint with them as well.

13th of Jul, 2009

Update: 24 hours (business time) has passed since sending the email to the urgent Comcast issue email above that claims they respond with 24 hours...no response...have forwarded it with a new title re: nonresponse. Have heard nothing from the CEO office or NM office.

14th of Jul, 2009

Update: After holding 10 minutes at Brian Roberts Comcast phone - left a message for "L" and Brian Roberts that I had no response yet from email or phone queries so I had filed a written complaint with the New Mexico Attorney General's office and listed them as the contacts.

22nd of Jul, 2009

Have heard nothing since my last posting 8 days ago from any of my phone calls or emails to Comcast. My written complaint to the New Mexico Attorney General was a week ago.

Tonight in my email inbox appeared an Amazon gift certificate for $225 from Digital Landing.

In my complaint to the Attorney General, I added that they may want to investigate Comcast marketing practices on a more widescale basis given the number of complaints that I had seen on the internet as well as my own experience.

1st of Sep, 2009

The Attorney General is continuing its investigation and is awaiting a response from Comcast. In their letter to Comcast (they copied me) - they specifically said "NOT" to contact the consumer directly regarding their response. I've had two voicemails today - one from Comcast, one from Digital Landing. I guess they can't follow instructions :)

I had a telephone call last week with the NM Attorney Generals office. If they get several complaints regarding Comcast - they can take a broader action for violation of consumer laws. So I encourage everyone with a problem to contact their states Attorney General's office.