acari berry / I AM BEING CHARGED FOR PRODUCT I DIDN'T ORDER OR RECIEVE

Detroit, MI, United States Review updated:
On 11/1/2008, I was charged 44.00 dollars for a trial that was suppose to be only 14.95. then on 11/21/2008 I was charged 39.95 for product I didn't order or recieve. and on 12/6 2008 .I was charged another 44.90 and didn't authorize or recieve any product. This money is being taken out of my checking account and, I need to know whow to stop this. I ordered the trial because Oprah endorsed it. OPRAH DO YOU KNOW YOU ARE CAUSING PEOPLE TO GET RIPPED OFF. DIDN'T YOU CHECK THEM OUT THESE CHARGES ARE CAUSING ME TO PAY OVER DRAFT FEES.

Comments

Dr
  9th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
DO NOT BUY ACAI BERRY IT IS A SCAM!!! PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING: i HAD ORDERED A BOTTLE FOR $5.95 AND THERE WAS NOTHING STATING ON THE ADVERTISMENT THAT IN 30 DAYS THEY AUTOMATICALLY WILL SEND YOU ANOTHER BOTTLE AND CHARGE YOU $87.95 PER MONTH. THAT IS WHAT THEY DID TO ME, I TRIED TO CALL THE SO CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE AND AFTER HOLDING FOR 1 MINUTE THE PHONE DISCONNECTS. I ACTUALLY HAD TO GO TO THE BANK AND CANCEL MY CHECKING ACCOUNT AND REPORTED THEM FOR FRAUD AND THE BANK REFUNDED MY MONEY. I HAVE NEVER EVEN OPENED THE FIRST BOTTLE THAT CAME IN AND OPRAH ADVISED PEOPLE ON HER SHOW TO BUY THIS PRODUCT AND IT HAS CAUSED ALOT OF PROBLEMS FOR ALOT OF PEOPLE SO I DO NOT RECCOMEND ANYONE TAKING HER ADVICE ON ANYTHING AFTER THIS EXPERIENCE. ACAI BERRY IS A SCAM I RESEARCHED THIS AND FOUND THAT THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE THAT THEY ARE DOING THIS TOO . HOPEFULLY THEY WILL BE OUT OF BUSINESS SOON.
******* BEWARE THIS IS A SCAM! DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!*******
Me
  19th of Jan, 2009
I read both complaints. It does state in the agreement that they will make you a memeber and continue charging you ( I printed it off after ordering my free bottle) monthy until you call and cancel. After receiving my three month supply I called the number on the form I printed and received a live person and canceled my order. No problems. You have to take the time to read fine print and print things out and keep on file.
Wi
  20th of Mar, 2009
I believe that this is a good product but wish i could find a number to order it inside of online. I also read the fine print and noticed that they will charge your credit card if you dont cancel.. which that is how alot of products are sold. People need to slow down and read..
Te
  30th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I TOO ORDERED FROM THAT SAME WEBSITE...I READ EVERYTHING AND ON THE SITE I WAS ON IT DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT CONTINUELY CHARGING ME. THEY DID THE SAME CHARGED ME 87.13 AFTER I STOPPED MY MEMBERSHIP...MAILED THE ITEM AFTER MEMBERSHIP WAS CLOSED. THEY DID REFUND ME 40.00 OF THE 87.13 BUT THAT WAS ALL THEY WOULD DO. SO THEY BEAT ME OUT 47.13
Do
  14th of Apr, 2009
Acai Berry is a huge RIP-OFF! I ordered the thirty day trial period for shipping and handling charges only on March 27, 2009, with the understanding that I had thirty days to cancel. Well the product was dated shipped March 30, 2009; however, I did not receive product via US Postal Service until Sat. April 11, 2009, and on Monday April 13, 2009 $79.96 was taken from my debit card. I majored in math and I don't care how you slice it: two days after receiving is not a thirty day trial period. I called the 1-800-983-7968 Customer Service line and spoke with Vina who tried to tell me I ordered a 14 day trial and I owed membership fees. I copied my order when I made the initial order and explained I might have been born in the morning, but not this morning and that I was currently looking at this complaint website, would contac the Attorney General, Better Business Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, along with my bank and have them exposed for the fraud they were if I did not receive a complete refund within 3 to 5 days. Needless to say the tone changed. This young lady politely informs me to check my account in 3 to 5 days and I should have a complete refund.
I will believe it when I see it.
In the meantime Oprah you were once an admired and very intelligent woman, now you are losing
credibilityand audience. I can not trust your opinion when it affects my livelyhood. Please be more cautious in the future. Fraud and false advertisement might come back to haunt you with the wrong person. Please investigate more thoroughly; America respects your opinion.
We cannot put all the blame on Oprah, or the company. We have to take some resposibility ourselves. America, myself included we need to go back to checking to ensure companies are reputable, well established, and will stand behind the products they sell with a 100% refund if not satisfied with the product.
We have to goback to taking time out to do important things and stop relying on internet, companies, people etc. This microwave mentsllity is what has us doing bail-outs now
Te
  27th of Apr, 2009
I also purchased this product and after the trial bottle I had emailed them, like they say to do to cancel your order at anytime. I have left them several emails about canceling my order and have even tried calling them to get them to stop sending the pills. These charges are coming out of my boyfriends debit card and and the pills continue to come. Any suggestions on what else I can do to get this to stop?? I could really use your help. Thanks Terri K.
Ac
  14th of Jan, 2010

acari berry - they did not send my money back
acari berry diet
Virginia

it has been since september and i have nt got my money.they keep teeling me its cominng. it did not work.