AcaiX3 / Unauthorized charge

1 Draper, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-882-1281

I signed up for the free trial offer and was immediately charged the $2.95 to my account. I never received the trial size offer, but immediately received 2 60 capsule bottles and was charged $88.55.
I tried to contact them by email and no response. Contacted my bank and had my card cancelled and reported them as fraud. I receieved the following number that is in service [protected] and spoke with Tommy (#12021). He informed me of the fine print and I told him my case. He spoke with his manager and told me to write a certain rga # on the bottle and send it back to their company and that I could keep the other bottle and still receive a full refund of the $88.55 that was charged to my account. Tommy is the best employee to speak to I believe. Hope this helps and I hope this will help me too.

Comments

• Ka
      19th of May, 2009

I made my complaint to the BBB, FTC and Oprah via her website.

On April 21, 2009, I ordered a free bottle of Acaix3 from a website that said Oprah endorsed it. the website said it was a free bottle to try out, and I only had to pay postage of $2.79. I received the bottle on May 1st. I also noticed a charge of $88.55 and $2.79 in my bank account on May 1st. I called them at 866-882-1281 and was told I had to cancel within 10 days to not be charged "the monthly supply". When I told her I only ordered the free bottle, she said, "Didn't you read the fine print?". In any case, I didn't receive the first bottle until 10 days after I ordered, so I didn't have 10 days to "try" the product before I was charged for the second bottle I had not received yet. I told her I wanted a refund and she said I had to wait for the second bottle to arrive before I could get a refund. She said I would then need to call them for an RGA#. Almost two weeks later I still had not received this second bottle so I called back. She said I should get it any day and gave me the RGA# and to send it to 405 E. 12450 Suite I, Draper, Utah 84020. I finally got the second bottle and sent it back via USPS signature on May 14, 2009. I called to let them know I sent it back and find out when to expect my refund. She said 7-10 days. I told her that didn't make any sense. It's not like they had to mail it somewhere. She said she couldn't expedite the refund until they received the product. I said "fine". I checked the tracking number on May 19, 2009 to find out it had been signed for. I called back on May 19th and talked to a guy who said they hadn't received it yet. I told him someone signed for it. He said it "wasn't in their system yet". I told him I wanted to speak with someone who does the refunds. He said they were not "reachable" and that I had to just wait for the "process". I asked him how much longer this "process" was, and he told me 7-10 days. I told him this was not acceptable. He said "It isn't MAGIC Maam" I told him I was reporting them to the BBB and he said "Fine, have a great day!"

This is their website, but I only found it after I made my complaints. This calls their product Acai-Pure but it's the exact same website, claims, tactics and labelling.

This website's links don't work (on my computer)