AcaiX3 / Fraudulent charge

1 405 East/12450 South, Ste IDraper, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-951-1393

Spoke to cs @ 11:10 a.m. EST (company is in Mtn Time Zone) on 4/20/09 at Acai Fulfillment Center @ #[protected] and spoke to Rachel, employee #12068 (she would not give her last name). I told her I wanted a complete refund for the $88.55 which was charged erroneously on 4/16/09. I didn’t receive my trial bottle till Monday, 4/13/09. Rachel stated that the trial period was for 10 days and I should have received my bottle by 4/8/09. I told her there was no contact info on website and she stated the “terms and conditions” has a telephone number and the email address might not be the best way to contact them. She gave me the address of Acai Fulfillment, 405 East/12450 South, Ste I, Draper, Ut 84020. Write RETURN #: [protected]. I have, also, cancelled all other orders for this product and was given the confirmation cancellation #[protected]. I was told as soon as the bottle is received, I need to send the bottle back with the Return # above-referenced and will receive the full $88.55 credit within 7-10 business days. Call ended on 4/20/09 @ 11:16 a.m. EST. Let's see if I get my refund. I am going to the post office to present "mail fraud" and internet fraud initiation will be on going. Hope this helps you.

S. McLane

Comments

20th of Apr, 2009

Totally agree! The "Terms and Conditions" link from the AcaiX3 website with the free trial advertisement is so insignificant it it almost impossible to spot! I, too, was charged the $88.55 with absolutely no warning that this would take place - the charges were just drafted from my account. I agree that you do NOT receive the free trial and then get the promised 10-day trial period before the charge is made. Ridiculous! I might have known a "free trial" on a product such as this was too good to be true - of course, they keep your debit card number on file and charge an exorbitant amount per month for you to continue to receive the product. It couldn't just be a "free trial" with no strings attached. I will most definitely be contacting customer service, too! I did not receive my "free trial" of the product until Thursday, April 16, and was charged the $88.55 to continue my subscription on Monday, April 20. Has anyone else received a refund from this company??? I want to know if I have any hope...

• Te
      21st of Apr, 2009

The same thing just happened to me. I was charged just a couple of days after I order my "free trial". Does anyone know if anything can be done about this. They are basically robbing people.

• Sm
      21st of Apr, 2009

If you have fallen victim to this scam as I have this is what you need to do. Call your bank and file a fraudulant claim because this transaction to your account is unauthorized. I spoke with a banker this morning and explained the entire situation. I literally had been charged the $88.55 one day after recieving my trial bottle. My account will be credited with 24-48 hours! Also CHANGE your card number! I am cutting mine up right now. You do not want this company having your visa number! My bank is going to proceed in an investigation as well with this "company". Good luck!

• Jm
      21st of Apr, 2009

same t hing happened to me also, do not do the free trial period with these people. I didnt even receive the free trial and they went ahead and charged me, reporting them to the bbb.

• Sh

100% SCAM!!
    I called and talked to a Rachel today (4/21/09). I told her I wanted the charge of $88.55 taken off my account. I said I NEVER RECEIVED the free trial. She said she was sorry and didn't realize I never received my free trial. She asked if she wanted me to send it out again? NO! I told her I wanted my money back. She then asked if I was cancelling and I said yes. She gave me a cancellation # (042109-2610633). She told me a bottle was sent on 4/19/09 and that I would not be able to get a refund until I returned the bottle. Since I never received the trial, what happens if I don't get the next bottle? She said she would need to bottle to give me my refund.
    I told her they were running a complete scam and she assured me they were not. Ridiculous!!
    I have called my bank and will have to write a dispute letter to try and get this taken off.

• Ra

The same thing happened to me, I received the product yesterday 4/20/09
    when I talked to them on line (Chatting), they gave me a wrong e mail to cancel, refused to give me the phone # and refuse to cancel through chatting
    I had very hard time to find the right phone # to cancel, finaly I found this phone # (888)705-1275
    After waiting at least 30 minutes on hold hearing music, I talked to Lydia, Employee # 12110 and today 4/21/09 she cancelled the ACAIx3 order and gave me cancellation # 042109-2611410, I hope this is the end of it

• Rh
      21st of Apr, 2009

isn't there someone who can repersent us in this fradulant scam

21st of Apr, 2009

Yes, the same thing happened to me, the day I received the trial bottle which was 4/17 was the day they charged my acct for 88.55.Here's the crazy thing, when I signed up for this trial offer, it sd my card had been declined which left me thinking the thing didnt go thru and everything was ok.Then I received the trial bottle on Fri, 4/17.Mon, 4/20 I cancelled future debits on my acct.The representative told me that the 10 day trial actually started from the time I clicked yes, I then asked him well how was i supposed to "try" the product if I didnt even have it and secondly why did the website tell me my card had been declined?He had no explanation for this but some stuttering.He sd I should be receiving a new bottle by Wed in which I can send back for a refund.I'm goin to see if I receive the product and if I get the refund.Something has to be done, I hope this complaint board helps out the next person who gets scammed by this company or any acai berry company because it looks like they all work alike.

• 10
      21st of Apr, 2009

Stated on their boot leg site::::

You may contact our customer service department via our toll free phone number 1-866-779-7568
    Customer Service representatives are available Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm EST.
    Please note that no refunds are given on any products that have been already shipped.

PLEASE NOTE:

You must cancel membership auto ship orders prior to next shipment.
    Packages marked "Return To Sender" will NOT be processed or refunded.

CALL YOUR BANK AND DISPUTE ALL CHARGES. I TRIED CALLING THEM AND I WAS ON HOLD SO I HUNG UP AND CALLED THE BANK. CHASE IS AWESOME. THEY INFORMED ME THAT THEY ARE HAVING NUMEROUS CALLES ABOUT THE COMPANY. THEY HAVE CREDIT AND DISPUTED CHARGES. I WAS INFORMED THAT BY USING THE CREDIT CARD, EVERY TIME THEY CALL THEMSELVES PLACING A ORDER FOR $88+ IT WILL REJECT AND CHARGE THEIR BANK A FEE.

IF YOU USED A DEBIT CARD, CANCEL IMMEDIATELY, THEY HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL FINANCES. I BELIEVE THE WHOLE OBJECTIVE IS FOR THEM TO ACCESS PERSONAL ACCOUNTS BECAUSE IT IS HARDER TO DISPUTE ONCE THEY HAVE WHAT EVER AMOUNT OF MONEY AND RUN. BY THE WAY, I THOUGHT I ORDERED "NATURE CLEANSE" AND THEIR SITE PRIVACY SAYS Natural Cleanse Membership Program
    "NATURAL" WHAT? NATURE, NATURAL, ACAIX3, PURE NUTRIENTS. COME ON NOW WHICH ONE IS IT? HECK DON'T TAKE THE STUFF UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS.
    CALL YOUR BANK AND CREDIT CARD COMPANY...

• Vi
      21st of Apr, 2009

I also was charged the 88.50 on my account. I am going right now to my bank to dispute the charges. This is a scam do not order this product!!!

• Je
      21st of Apr, 2009

I just looked at my bank statement. They took the 88.55 out of my account without approving it with me first. I just got my sample bottle 2 days ago! What is the next step in getting my money back?

• Jm
      22nd of Apr, 2009

As with the other complaints I also had a charge posted to my account for 88.55 and neither got my trial bottle but did not get the month bottle to return to them to get the refund. If you have not gotten the trail bottle call your card company and dispute the charge. Not receiving the trail bottle negates whatever they claim is in the contract, which by the way is not even legible to read. In order to have cancelled the transaction you had to call within ten days of the receiving the trail bottle.

As many have not gotten this trail bottle nor the month bottle negates all transactions since the company has not delt in good faith with the consumer. i have contacted the Better business bureau and the state attorneys off ice here in Illinois and have filed criminal charges agains this company. Yes they have been able to change the information on the website and have supplied bogus email information but the credit card amounts billed have been sent to a particular party and collected, thus leaving a trail to be followed.

call and dispute the charges. when your dispute letter arrives to be filled out, print up all the complaints on this board and attach them to your dispute letter. there should not be any problems getting your money back

• Je
      22nd of Apr, 2009

RUN, RUN, RUN, AS FAST AS U CAN AWAY FROM THIS OFFER. LIES, LIES, LIES, NOT ONLY DID THEY CHARGE ME $88.55 BUT TO RECIEVE MY REFUND I HAVE TO SEND IT BACK RETURN RECIEPT AT MY EXPENSE. TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE TO STOP MY BANK FROM MAKING FUTURE PAYMENTS TO THESE ###, I HAVE TO CANCEL MY CHECK CARD. AND TO RECIEVE A NEW CHECK CARD AS SOON AS POSSIBLE I WILL HAVE TO PAY $25.00 TO HAVE IT SHIPPED OVERNIGHT. I PLAN ON FILING FRAUD CHARGES AGAINST THIS COMPANY. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD TO ALL... SHAME ON ""OPRAH AND RACHEL RAY "" FOR ENDORSING A PRODUCT FROM SUCH A FRAUDULANT COMPANY.

• Eb
      23rd of Apr, 2009

I have also been charged $88.55 WITHOUT ever receiving any bottles of Acaix3. I have called the customer service number of: 866-951-1393, I explained the charge and that I want to cancel my trial offer, mainly because I had never received a trial bottle of 30ct. tablets, let alone that I was furious of the high charge of $88.55 to my bank, even before the trial period ended. (I was led to believe that I would be given at least a trail period of 14 days, with in fact was a LIE) The C.S. man was pleasant and told me that he had cancelled my account and that I should be receiving the first trial offer bottle of 30 ct. but also I would receive a month supply of 60 ct. which is because of the $88.55 charge. He informed me that I once I received the month supply that I will need to call again, receive a RGA number for a full refund of $88.55 and then it would take 5-10 days! Oh goodness, we will see! And here is another thing, while he was typing my info in and getting to my account, I heard other C.S. people in the background saying things such as...refund of $88.55, mail the bottle in for a refund...hmmm, obviously this FRAUD has hit many trusting people! The kicker is that the man I spoke to said that the 30 ct. bottle was for me to keep, thanks a lot, how about just NOT charging me when I don't want to be charged!!
    We will see if the refund takes!

• Lj
      24th of Apr, 2009

I received a trial bottle in the mail on 4/24/09 and was clueless of why I got this, since there was not any paperwork showing who it was from or what I had ordered. So I checked my bank account and this company had charged my account $88.55. I called the number on the transaction and was told that I had signed up for this product on 4/11/09; I told him that I did not sign up and wanted to know how they got my name and credit card information. He did not respond to my question, but instead gave me a cancellation number and told me I would need to file a fraud complaint and call them back with an officer's name & badge number before I would be given a refund.
    I called my bank and was told that they would handle the fraud charge and issue my refund.

• Ni
      24th of Apr, 2009

i also got billed for 2.79 on april 15, 2009. and then got billed april 24, 2009, which in fact isnt even a 10 day trial, i also have not received my acai berry bottle either. What am i suppose to do?
    I also paid with my unemployment card not a bank or credit card how do i get rid of them from taking out of it anymore? Pleaswe help me, e-mail me at nickie_is_in_the_house@yahoo.com

• De
      25th of Apr, 2009

I, the desperate dieter, fell for this scam, too. I ordered the free trial and waited for the product to arrive. Eighteen days after ordering it, the bottle arrived. When I called to complain that my credit card was charged $88.55 before I had even received the trial bottle, Ashley (Employee#12101), could not give me any information. In fact, when I asked to speak to a supervisor she said, "My supervisor would just tell you the same things that I'm telling you, " and "our managers are not allowed to take our phone calls". I repeatedly asked for a supervisor to no avail. Ultimately, no help from Ashley, I got out of her a physical address to write: 6100 Neil Rd., Suite 500 Reno, NV 89511. She also reluctantly gave me a phone number of (866) 870-4257. After Ashley inadvertently kept telling me to contact Google (???) I found out from her that the (866) 951-1393 phone number that appeared on my credit card statement was for a third party call center (they just screen the calls for Acai x3 and many other products.) So after Ashley finally succeeded in getting me off the phone (I made the call as uncomfortable as possible for her as she was pretty rude to me), I called the (866) 870-4257 number. I spoke with Stephanie (ID#12094). She was much more pleasant & helpful. She told me that the bottle I received was a full size one month supply and that I could return the unused portion for a full refund within 30 days from my order. YOU MUST CALL & GET A RETURN GOODS AUTHORIZATION NUMBER (RGA). The address they told me to send the bottle to is: Fulfillment Center, 405 E. 12450 South, Suite I, Draper UT 84020. Without the RGA your return will not be accepted. I returned my bottle today. We'll see if they credit back my account. I shoulda figured it was too good to be true.

• Ed
      25th of Apr, 2009

They have small print and make the charge difficult to spot. I thought I was getting a free trial as stated. In reality, they were selling a perpetual subscription service--very overpriced and were doing an information collection. It now seems impossible to easily get the cancelling information from the web site and the 866 870-4257 number only operates limited hours.

You can buy acai berry juice and acai in cereal at about 2% of the prices these people are charging for the equivalent piddly amounts of acai berry in these pills. It's outrageous. Likewise, I now will never buy any Rachel Rae products or books---she had apparently consented to stooge for this ripoff scheme because her endorsement on the site a couple months back did influence me. I've liked her cook books in the past--no way I'll buty anything with her name on it now.

• Sc
      27th of Apr, 2009

The funny thing is, right on this https://www.complaintsboard.com website, is yet another link stating THE TOP THREE COLON CLEANSES - http://thecleansereview.com/?t202id=5555&t202kw=acai%20berry%20complaints. It is funny how this company is using top logos as endorsements for their scam. When I originally read the 'top three' reviews for colon cleanse products, Nature Cleanse was the 'top choice'. Now it is not even listed, there are other products recommended. I notified WebMD that this company is using their logo in a way that seems that WebMD endorses the product. What a joke.

• Ed
      27th of Apr, 2009

The Acai Burn and Acai Berry scams seem to be almost legendary. Given how long they have been able to pull this stuff, I think it is safe to say that FTC offers about as much protection as an inch of air.

About two months ago my bank replaced my credit card at their initiative by noting that it "may have been compromised." If your bank or credit union is on its toes, it may well have done the same for you. I now realize the cause of "may have been compromised" is likely the work of scammers peddling "free samples."

Many of us were taken in by the web ads flaunting Rachael Rae and other celebrities. While apologists are saying "...well, they didn't print endorsements..., " the only way these sites can flaunt these celebrities' photos is through their willfully complicity. These clebs agents and lawyers could take these sites to the cleaners if they wanted to. The problem is, they don't seem to want to.

The purpose of the star-studded ad is to distract victims from the small print. In addition to getting billed for Acai pills of dubious worth, on "Acai Burn" we also unwittingly subscribed to two of their "affiliates." I hope they are soon indicted as "accomplices."

How to get away from being burned by Acai Burn.

To get off, start by calling affiliate #1 Secrets and Insiders
    1 866 279 6513. My experience was an introductory recording stating that they don't do refunds of past charges, but a polite agent took me off their subscription list and provided a confirmation number. She cued me to the fact that I also needed to call "affiliate" #2 Comprehensive Weight Loss 1 800 989 5907. They verified my credit union had already canceled their act for me . I owe the credit union a thank you card.

The final stop is the primary culprit --Acai Burn 1 800 659 3588 . They too informed me that my credit union had canceled their ticket. I have paid a bit for this lesson but I am now shed of them, and I will never respond to any such scam again.

These "firms" purposely make it difficult to find their contact info to cancel. A class action suit may be the only way to shut them down. The Hollywood celebrities are likely getting their swimming pools heated by some of the $80+ being extracted from minimum wage victims, and the FTC certainly seems unwilling to act against them. The only protection we have is to act on our own.