AcaiSLim / FRAUD

1 ON, Canada Review updated:

CAISLIM is a fradulent company, I am yet to receive my 14 day free trial since the 25th of november they charged my credit card immediately for the shipping and handling I have sent numerous e-mails to their company all i get is some stupid ticket number<br />
i tried calling their [protected] to no avail i have not been able to speak to them.Bad enough has it as it is, they also signed me up to three companies BARGAINLINK.ca VACATIONSAVERS.ca and FITFACTORY <br />
this is totally unacceptable as the former two actually took money from my credit card..<br />
I was able to get this number [protected] and i spoke to an agent to cancel and you won't believe what she told me that when i get my free trial i have to use only 14 days worth of the product and return the remaining if not i will definately be charged $79.99.This is such a ripoff since i lose my S&H fees if i just return the shipment is it possible to return an already open product
I DO REGRET BUYING ANYTHING FROM THEM

Acai-aslim
    Riverton
    Phone: 877-317-0189
    acaiaslim.com

This company advertised a free trial of the acai-aslim product requiring only payment of shipping. They then proceeded to bill a monthly payment of $79.95 for ongoing product shipment. They also billed $29.95 per month for a membership fee to Fit Factory.
    There was no indiction that there would be additional charges on the initial order. I only found this out by the addtional charges that showed to my credit card later in the month. I then saw under the "terms" at the bottom of the website screen what I had agreed to.
    This is deceitful of the company to not warn the consumer of the ongoing charges.
    Since the company doesn't answer the phone number listed on their website, I was forced to cancel my credit card to prevent further charges.
    This company needs to be required to warn customers of the ongoing charges.

11th of Dec, 2008
    AcaiSlim - unable to cancel order
    AcaiSlim

I ordered the free trial offer for $4.95 and after reviewing the complaints, I decided to cancel and I am to no avail able too. The telephone number listed only gives you a recording, This is unethical and I will not purchase anything else on line.

• Tr
      12th of Dec, 2008
    AcaiSlim - refund
    dry* acaislim
    Rogers
    Arkansas

They refused to give me a refund after sending back a package that I never opened up or used! They only want your money. They have very bad customer service..

• Vi
      16th of Dec, 2008
    AcaiSLim - fraudulent credit card charges
    Acaislim
    Stroudsburg
    Pennsylvania
    [protected]@aol.com

I ordered the trial of acaislim online and they said all you had to do was pay $4.95 shipping.Yeah right! They then charge me $4.95 plus $34.95 and then a few weeks later $79.95.I called them but got no response.I then cancelled my check card and the bank is investigating them.Meanwhile I am out this money for this crap that I am reluctant to take because who knows what it is? I was suckered into ordering it because the ad made it seem like it was endorsed by Rachel Ray and Oprah...Two very reputable people.I learned my lesson.There is NO easy way to lose weight.Merry Christmas to me!

• Do
      18th of Dec, 2008
    AcaiSlim - chg for non delivery
    ACAI SKIM
    Phone: 1866383391``

Sell you a sample bottle for wucih you pays/h only 3.95US.You are to cancel within 14days of ordering. It took 14 days for my bottle to arrive and before the 14days was up they supposedly shipped another bottla billing my CD Card 59.75US and it has not arrived.
    I did not want or order this bottle and want hem to cancel my permenent order for a new bottle every month. I did not order this permenent order. Their business is a SCAM.Thanks

• Je
      23rd of Dec, 2008
    AcaiSLim - UNLAWFUL CHARGES TO MY ACCT
    Burbank
    Phone: 866-393-3941
    ACAISLIMDIET.COM

I AM WRITING THIS REQUEST THAT YOU CREDIT THE CHARGE OF $89.97 BACK TO MY ACCOUNT. THE CHARGE WAS UNAUTHORIZED. I ONLY PLACE AN ORDER FOR A TRIAL BOTTLE OF YOUR PRODUCT FOR $4.99 PLUS $1.00 SHIPPING AND HANDLING FOR A TOTAL OF $5.99 THAT WAS DEBITED FROM MY ACCT. ALSO WHENEVER I RCVD THE PACKAGE THERE WAS NO TERMS & CONDITONS ANYWHERE IN THE EVELOPE NOR ANY OTHER TYPE OF PAPERWORK THAT I COULD USE AS A PAPER TRACE IF NEEDED. I REALLY FEEL VERY LEARY ABOUT THIS COMPANY AT THIS POINT. THE AMT MENTION ABOVE IS AT A PENDED STATUS IN MY CHECKING ACCOUNT SO IF THE PRODIUCT HAS NOT GONE OUT PLEASE CREDIT MY ACCT BACK OR IF I RECEIVE IT IT WILL BE RETURNED DUE TO THE FACT THAT I DID NOT ORDER THIS PRODUCT. YOUR ADVERTISEMENT IS VERY MISLEADING & NEED TO BE CORRECTED.

JEANETTE VIDEAU

• Ca
      28th of Dec, 2008

same as everybody, but am I the only Canadian?
    Would like to hear from other Canucks

• Ly
      2nd of Jan, 2009

The same thing happend to me. I had no idea what the charge was on my credit card. I had to call my bank and cancel my card due to the fact that I thought someone had stollen or used my card. I did some research and called the company that had charged me and it was not even acaislim. They have another company who placed the charge on my card. Anyway they gave me the phone number for acaislim and told me to explain to them that it was not stated that I would be charged, it was only a free trial. Well I called acaislim and they gave me a hard time until I asked to speak to the supervisor. The person I was speaking with said the supervisor would tell me the same thing and I said I still would like to speak with them. She had placed me on hold and when she came back she said they would credit my account and gave me a cacellation code. She said it would take 3 to 12 days to receive the credit back to my account.

Lydia

• Es

Company information:
    Burbank, California
    Phone: 866-393-3941
    ACAISLIMDIET.COM

I too like Jeanette have pending charges on my account for $89.97. I have tried calling them to request a refund and they were not willing to refund my money. They asked that I email their support billing customer service. Their add is very deceiving. I plan to go to my bank and fill out and affidavit, hopefully I will get my money back.

• Mi
      5th of Jan, 2009

I ordered the free sample and gave my credit card for a shipping charge ONLY!! They charged my card 79.99 TWICE!!! When finaly got in touch with them over the phone they agreed to refund me the money but only for one charge!!Apparently there is some fine print in some box that you have to check in order to receive your free sample that gives them the right to rip people off without any consequences!!Oprah endorseS these products and I thought they are legitimate but no, they are a huge SCAM AND RIP OFF!!!People BEWARE and DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

• Jj
    AcaiSlim - UNAUTORIZED USE OF CREDIT CARD
    MBM&F-ACAISLIM
    12278 SOUTH LONE PEAK P'KWAY
    Utah

I ORDERED A FREE TRAIL SIZE OF ACAIASLIM & PAID THE HANDLING FEE...THE PRODUCT DID NOT DO WHAT IT STATED...IN A FEW WEEKS I RECIEVED ANOTHER SUPPLY WHICH I DID NOT WANT NOR DID I ORDER...I'M ASSUMING THE BILL IS IN THE MAIL...HOW CAN I STOP THIS?????

• Ka
      10th of Jan, 2009

Were you ever able to get your refund? And how did you prevent furthe charges?

• Pa
      13th of Jan, 2009
    AcaiSlim - Charges not authorized
    Acauskun
    POBox 2003
    Riverton
    Phone: 977-317-0189

I ordered a "free" sample, paying only shipping. I was charged $79.95 and then received another unordered shipment and charged another $79.95. I am now on hold with the company, waiting to speak with a customer rep.
    P. Barth

• Sh
      16th of Jan, 2009

When I received my cred bill, I too was charged for a product that I did not agreet to. I had to try several times before I got to actually speak to someone about this problem

• Ju
      17th of Jan, 2009
    AcaiSLim - only ordered trial but chgd for 85.55
    judy morgan
    Georgia

i only ordered trial to pay shipping but i have been charged shipping plus 85.55 twice. i called only to be told that the conditions of 85.55 was in the agreement but i did not see an agreement page when i ordered the trial.

• De
      18th of Jan, 2009
    AcaiSlim - Unauthorized Charges
    Pennsylvania

I ordered a trial supply of the Acai Slim and was charged 180.00 on my American Express card for two orders. Ionly ordered once and it was atrial offer. I NEVER received another bottle and certainly did not authorize a charge og $180.00 Luckily I used my AMerican Express card and was immediately refunded.

• Ap
      20th of Jan, 2009

I ordered the trial bottle of Acaislim on November 23, 2008 after carefully reading the agreement. I did not see anything in the agreement saying that I was agreeing to getting billed for this product every month and believe me I was looking. Got my order and was going to call as soon as I got the bottle to be sure there would be no further charges because I know how these companies operate. Lo & behold, No phone number or return address with the bottle. It wasn't until I received my credit card statement in January did I see the phone number to call and cancel and that's because there were two charges for 79.95! Called and was put on hold for 12 minutes. Finally a very snippy girl kept telling me I agreed to it and said the reason there was no phone number with the first bottle was because they're going "green" and don't include paperwork with the bottles. So I kept asking her how a person is supposed to cancel their order when they don't have a phone number or address until it's showing on their credit card bill. Incredible! I've been scammed so many times, whenever I order anything online I try to be so careful and I thought I'd covered all my bases but these a**holes got me! Don't order Acaslim!

• Mi
      20th of Jan, 2009
    AcaiSLim - no product delivered
    acaislim
    Minnesota
    Phone: 877-317-0189

I did not order this product and was billed 79.95 for a product I have never received. I only ordered a trial bottle which was delivered in dec of 2008. I want this charge removed immediately, if not I plan to file a complaint w the better business bureau and inform my credit card company of this obvious scam. I want this charge refunded immediately! I have tried to call the company and just get put on hold. You also gave out my credit card number to any company which I feel, is illegal.

21st of Jan, 2009
    AcaiSlim - Don't want anymore
    13225 Clayton Rd.
    San Jose
    Phone: 408-251-9603

I received one shipment of Acai-aslim and one shipment of Bromalite that I ordered.I do not like the products and am returning the second shipment. I want to cancel this order and do not want to receive any more of your products. I espect to receive a credit for this last shipment. Martha Imwalle

• Ri
      22nd of Jan, 2009

Dear Fellow Canuck: No, you're not the only one that got stiffed on this. And I'm STILL being hit by these thieves each month! Back in November, I managed to contact someone due to a $118.00 "unauthorized" charge they made to my Visa. I was told I would be reimbursed (as I never did receive the product!) and needless to say, have not received payment to-date. To make matters worse, the Price Limbo and Price Savers are continuing to charge me $10.84 monthly!! What for...? I have absolutely NO IDEA! These "Sellers" should be charged for intentionally misleading the public and scamming our credit cards! Anyone have a solution?

• Rh
      22nd of Jan, 2009

I ordered the FREE trial and recieved an unauthorized charge on my credit card for 69.95. This is a scam. Do not order. I can't even find the right number to cancel the order.

25th of Jan, 2009

Hello fellow Canucks,
    I deleted my information from their order form and never hit submit but the information went forward anyway and appeared on my Visa. I called Visa and was advised to cancel my card and to file a dispute. It appears that the only way to stop further charges is to cancel your credit card or for those who used a debit card, to change their bank account.

• Bu
      28th of Jan, 2009
    AcaiSLim - charged my account twice
    DRI/acaislim

in late dec. 08, i got an email saying acai berry tabs. would help you lose weight fast and another product to be included if i ordered would cleanse my system/colon of harmful undigested materials etc.. i sent for the "free' sample. By Jan. 1 my credit card had been charged $79.95. I called WaMu and asked this to be taken off. I have filed paperwork with them for them to consider doing so. Before I could get this back to them, DRI has charged my card $79 again on Jan. 17. This co. is a fraud, needs to be stopped. I have sent back all of the bottles, unopened. I called DRI and you can't get thru. I called Wamu and cancelled my credit card. Its a shame I had to cancel my card. I'm open for help with this. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get this company stopped from this horrible scam. They lie when they say they'll give you 3 weeks to cancel without billing your card. They billed my card twice within the 3 weeks. If you have suggestions please email me at ###[protected]@yahoo.com.

3rd of Feb, 2009
    AcaiSlim - Wrongly charged
    Acaislim
    Iowa

Ordered the trial product only. Never received any other shipments, but was charged $84.75 - and was charged with a membership fee I never signed up for in the amount of $29.95. Tried to cancel membership but could not reach anyone.

• Ar
      9th of Feb, 2009
    AcaiSlim - AUTO SHIPMENTS I DIDNT ORDER
    New Jersey

I ORDERED A TRIAL SIZE ORDER OF THE PRODUCTS FOR 4.95. I HAVE BEEN CHARGED FOR A SHIPMENT I DIDN'T ORDER COSTING 79.95.

• Ar
      9th of Feb, 2009
    AcaiSlim - UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES TO MY CREDIT CARD
    New Jersey

I ORDERED A TRIAL SIZE ORDER OF THIS PRODUCT FOR $4.95 .I HAVE BEEN SENT ANOTHER ORDER WHICH I DIDN'T ORDER AND WAS CHARGED $79.95.

• Br
      10th of Feb, 2009
    AcaiSLim - CANCELLATION OF PRODUCT
    mbm & f
    12278 Lone Peak Pkwy
    Phone: 1877 317 0189

When accepting the FREE offer, there is failure of this company to transparently provide information about the continued charge to a credit card. There is no invoice with product, company representatives cannot be reached by phone, and no return of emails sent out.

Product returned to sender.

VISA has been contacted. LAWYERS have been contacted.

Very poor service and many recorded complaints. I WANT OUT!

• Lu
      10th of Feb, 2009
    AcaiSLim - pills
    Phone: 8773170189
    acaiaslim.com

These people still from you. Once you click on the trial you agree to automatic payments. If you order thru the websites off all these people that they use acai with colon cleanser and lost weight. You get them together the first time, but the only paper work in the envelope belongs to the colon cleanser company, so when you cancel they don't cancel the Acaiaslim and they charge 79.95 a month! until you realize that your cancelation was only for the cleanser. They only refund you a month and are a bunch of ###s talking to people. ITS A FU>>> RIP OFF AND DOES NOT WORK. BEWARE AND DON'T SPEND MONEY ON ALL THESE PIECES OF GARBAGE...ONE MORE THING THEY DON'T SEND WRITTEN CONFIRMATION OF THE CANCELATION EVENTHOUGH THEY HAVE YOUR IP ADDRESS AND REMIND YOU OF IT ALL THE TIME. SO KEEP THAT # VERY SECURE ONCE THEY GIVE IT YOU

• Ci
      8th of Mar, 2009
    AcaiSlim - CHARGES

This company has charged my account and I have no product of any kind of their's and the customer service department is rude, and can't seem to help in any kind of way.

If you have any billing questions you have to e-mail them and then wait to see if they will respond.

• St
      8th of Mar, 2009

The Acai berry scam

Beware of scams - Acai Berry Detox improper marketing tactics

• De
      16th of Mar, 2009
    AcaiSLim - Continued charges after being told it would be canceled
    Regnet
    San Antonio
    Texas
    Phone: 9002 Ryelle
    [protected]@yahoo.com

Acai slim: 1st could not get a hold of any one to cancel order that was actually canceled on the same day of the placed order. Finally, reached someone and I was told it would be canceled and of course after checking my credit card it was not and I was charged the full amount of the product. To top it off, I never received this product for trail or regular use, but they sure did collect from my credit card. My credit card was notified and they so called investigated, but they only saw a copy of the internet order, and took that as proof that I did order and that I needed to pay. What about the fact that I did not receive this product for trail or regular use, and that they never canceled this order when they were suppose to. In the process they also charged me for " Fit Factory" I didn't even know about this authorization either. What a Scam!!!

• Di
      7th of Oct, 2009

Best thing to do is cancel your c/card and get a new one. That way they can't take any more money from you. If you don't and you don't cancel with ALL the bogus companies taking out of your account, you WILL continue to get stolen from.
    Cancelling with all the other companies is impossible, I tried, I was given wrong numbers time and again. Even if you do get to cancel with them all, there is no certainty they won't use another company to withdraw your money.

If you do manage to read a copy of the terms and conditions, there is a clause in it that says they reserve the right to change the terms and conditions without informing you. I.e. letting other 'companies' have your c/card details.

I can't stress enough, close your c/card and get a new one. Fully inform your bank of what has happened and hopefully they can recoup funds for you. At the very least, Dazzlewhite and its many guises will not be able to extort another penny from you.

• Df
      25th of Nov, 2009
    AcaiSlim - Unwanted Product
    Edmonton
    Alberta
    Canada

I have a product Order ID Number, which is 101693443. I have contacted this company once already and asked to have no more product sent to me or charged on my charge card. I paid for a trial - shipping and handling ONLY. to total $14.90CAD. I am receiving and being charged for a bottle of AcaiSlim every month. i advised this company within the 15 days as per their Terms and Conditions. I am NOT paying them any more for any further product that they send. they are sending and chanrging WITHOUT my consent. Thank you

25th of Nov, 2009
    AcaiSLim - failure to refund promised money
    England, Cheshire
    United Kingdom

Product arrived. Decided it was not needed. Telephone the freephone number and were told that we were covered by their 60-day refund return guarantee. returned items well within the 60 days (got signature off Royal Mail Tracking system). called after 4 weeks and was told that a credit of $79 had been issued on 16th September. now 25th November and the refund of GBP50 has still not been received. Judging by the accident of the staff we have spoken to the call centre is somewhere in the Americas but don't know where. Return address was in UK. This is a different problem with a company who already seem to have a stack of complaints against them albeit regarding the actual product rather than the after sales service. Your suggestions on where to go from here would be appreciated.

• Pr
      29th of Nov, 2009

very true..i was charged $877 and $29.i send the trial packs bk but i didn't get refund.when i called them they are very rude and they said do whatever you can.not only me but my room partner was also charged same.
    so we both paid $200+usps charges for those useless pills.

can anybody tell me what should we do as $200 mens a lot for us.

7th of Dec, 2009
    AcaiSlim - No refund as promised
    96 Green Road
    Bournemouth
    England, Dorset
    United Kingdom

I brought Acaislim in August 2009 and changed my mind within 10 minutes. I was told that the order could not be cancelled and I should return the product unopened before 2nd September 2009 so that I was not charged. I posted the item back on 20th August (proof of postage held) and yet I was still charged £49.96 on 8th September. I rang to query this and was told a refund had been done. 14th Sept 2009 nothing received, I rang again and was told it could take another couple of weeks. I had also been charged £4.39 on 2/9 and 5.26 on 15/9 which I later fou8nd out were additional subscriptions linked to this product that needed to be cancelled separately. 6/10/09 I rang again about the smaller amounts and had to ring 2 different numbers to get these cancelled which I did. I was also advised that my complaint had been passed to a supervisor and the covert team would deal within the refund and the refund would take 5-10 working days. 22/10/09 I rang (yet again) and was told this time that the refund had to be done manually and could take up to 2 months from the original charge date (8/9/09) but again it would go to a supervisor. 7/12/9 Again I ring because I still have no refund and I am now told to ring another number, which when called asks me for a mobile number to enter me into a prize draw. I ring again and am told to look at the website.

I am absolutely furious that a moment of madness in ordering such a product could result in a lack of refund. I have dialled 7 different numbers and spoken to Britney, Paddy, Alfred, Kindra, Crystal, Linda and Ceasar and yet I am still £49.96 out of pocket. I would appreciate a reply and a refund within the next 14 days please or I shall take my complaint further.

Regards

Mrs L Page

• 1j

Charged for free product

• 1j
      11th of Jan, 2010
    AcaiSlim - bogus credit card charges
    SUP*MAXFORCE
    California

I received my supposed free trial. Approx three weeks later I received a second bottle for which I sent back using their (return label) which is a mistake. You need to call them to cancel!!! They billed me $173.86 for two bottles of their product for which it did not work. I called their 877 594-7828 only to get an out of service. I ended up calling their customer service number 866 989-8945 only to get a person questioning me as to where I got this number. I asked how come I got billed for two bottles she told me I was late to cancel my free bottle and was sent the second bottle which I did not order and was billed for which I sent back using their send back label. So I am out my free (so called ) bottle and also the second bottle for which I sent back and alot of wasted money and time. I finally got thru to these people to cacel my order. This is a scam to take your money!!!

• I0
      11th of Jan, 2010

Ah boy...me too...same experience...only I called to get the magic number to send it back and they told me I had called to late. In the fine print is says you have a 30 day trial but that does not mean you get to finish all 30 days of the pills...because it's 30 days from your order date and the product didn't arrive until two weeks later...so it was really only a 15 day trial...pretty tricky and not really on the up and up.

• Li
      14th of Jan, 2010

I have been having problems w/ them as well. There was a charge from them for 43.00 cdn that wasn't showing up in their system. The person I was speaking to said that it wasn't them that debited my account. That's impossible b/c it was the same description on my card statement from their company!!! I'm very very VERY upset!!! They charged mefor a December shipment that I never received!!! I said I wanted a refund but since it was past my 30 thing...they said all they can do is to ship me another bottle!!! I DON'T WANT THE PRODUCT!!! How can I return something within the 30 day when I didn't get it in the first place?! Impossible!!! Does anybody know how to deal w/ these crooks??? pls email me @ [protected]@live.com